[COMPLETE] How To Write Short Stories (with samples), by Ring Lardner - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Kurt I look forward to listening tomorrow.

Could I possibly get you to trade with me, and proof-listen Sections 3 and 4, my duet with Bill. I think you might find it amusing!
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

msfry wrote: March 17th, 2020, 7:42 pm Thanks, Kurt I look forward to listening tomorrow.
Could I possibly get you to trade with me, and proof-listen Sections 3 and 4, my duet with Bill. I think you might find it amusing!
I'll try and get to it today. --Kurt
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

msfry wrote: February 26th, 2020, 3:57 pm Sections 3 and 4 are uploaded, a duet starring Bill Jones and Michele Fry . . . . . acting like the unsophisticated hicks we AREN'T! :lol:

We'll have to wait for a PL'er to come along for these two.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/howtowriteshortstories_03_lardner.mp3 31:18

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/howtowriteshortstories_04_lardner.mp3 23:11
What a great idea to do these as a duet! Haven't seen that done on a Librivox book before, but it worked really well. I have listened to both sections and they are PL approved! :thumbs:

--Kurt
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

Section 0 (preface) is PL approved. :thumbs:

--Kurt
msfry

Post by msfry »

kwpapke wrote: March 18th, 2020, 10:53 am Section 0 (preface) is PL approved. :thumbs:

--Kurt
What a pleasant surprise. Thank you Kurt. :D
And thanks for the PL OK on the duet. Yes, there are other duets on Librivox, and both names appear in the credits. We are allowed to be somewhat creative, which makes it even more fun! :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes for Kurk

Section 7 is PL OK
Her teeth fell out on to the court! That is hysterical. :lol:
Privatecy! Chiropodist! I got me some new words now. :mrgreen:

Section 8
15:37 and I guess we got kind of spoony. got is missing. Sounds strange.
Outro, please add after End of Chapter 4, Part 2, The Golden Honeymoon. This is per the First Post, but I would not ask you to do it unless there was another correction. I kinda like endings to remind me of what I just listened to. :)
ruthema

Post by ruthema »

Hi! Can I take sections 13 and 14 (A Caddy's Diary)?
madison rutherford
msfry

Post by msfry »

ruthema wrote: March 19th, 2020, 7:28 pm Hi! Can I take sections 13 and 14 (A Caddy's Diary)?
Hi Madison, I listened to your test and it sounded great! But I didn't see an Introduce Yourself post so I don't know if you're an experienced audio recorder. If so, I'd say dive right in to this long story, but if not, you might want to cut your teeth on some shorter pieces on other projects first (like 1500 words/10 minutes or less). I'll reserve 13 and 14 for you, of course, and you have 2 months to complete them. Lardner is a hoot, and you're bound to have fun doing this story!
ruthema

Post by ruthema »

msfry wrote: March 19th, 2020, 7:59 pm
ruthema wrote: March 19th, 2020, 7:28 pm Hi! Can I take sections 13 and 14 (A Caddy's Diary)?
Hi Madison, I listened to your test and it sounded great! But I didn't see an Introduce Yourself post so I don't know if you're an experienced audio recorder. If so, I'd say dive right in to this long story, but if not, you might want to cut your teeth on some shorter pieces on other projects first (like 1500 words/10 minutes or less). I'll reserve 13 and 14 for you, of course, and you have 2 months to complete them. Lardner is a hoot, and you're bound to have fun doing this story!
I am new to this! However, I've done a couple other shorter and longer recordings so far without issue. I've just got a lot of time to kill right now thanks to present circumstances :wink:

I'll do my best to do his work justice :)
madison rutherford
msfry

Post by msfry »

ruthema wrote: March 19th, 2020, 8:42 pm Hi!
I am new to this! However, I've done a couple other shorter and longer recordings so far without issue. I've just got a lot of time to kill right now thanks to present circumstances :wink:

I'll do my best to do his work justice :)
Okay, might as well have some fun, ham it up a bit! We are all stuck indoors for awhile. :D
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

msfry wrote: March 18th, 2020, 1:39 pm Section 8
15:37 and I guess we got kind of spoony. got is missing. Sounds strange.
Outro, please add after End of Chapter 4, Part 2, The Golden Honeymoon. This is per the First Post, but I would not ask you to do it unless there was another correction. I kinda like endings to remind me of what I just listened to. :)
Oops, I think that was an editing error. Anyway, here is the corrected version with the outro update:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/howtowriteshortstories_08_lardner_128kb.mp3 17:39

--Kurt
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Kurt, for those mighty fine edits! You're PL OK and on your way to do us another mighty fine story! Yee-haw!
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison