All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/short-story-collection-085-by-various/
This is the 85th Librivox short story collection. Once again, readers selected stories covering a wide variety of subjects. Several stories by Anna Cora Mowatt take a quirky look at married life, Kipling's India and a lesson for a king are included in this anthology
- There is no need to pre-claim
New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
You may select any Public Domain text. If you are uncertain as to copyright status, please ask.
Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
- Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Various) : n/a
- Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
- Number of sections (files) this project will have: 20
- Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
- Original publication date (if known):
- If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
Genres for the project: Short Stories/Anthologies
Keywords that describe the book:
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
START of recording (Intro)
"Title of Work], by [Author Name]. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]" . Title of work.
END of recording
"At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Title], by [Author Name]"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Please leave about 5 seconds of silence at the end of your recording. Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
ss085_shorttitleinoneword_readersinitials_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) (e.g. ss085_greatstory_lt_128kb.mp3)
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
The link from the uploader.
Name of your story
Author (birth year - death year)
Translator if applicable (birth year - death year)
Source from which you read (e.g. Gutenberg etext url)
Length in mm:ss
If it is your first submission, how you would like to appear in the catalog. - please post it in this thread.
Please post below