FULL [Short Stories] Myths and Legends Around the World - Collection 1 - tg

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
LCaulkins
Posts: 1706
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » May 6th, 2020, 10:53 am

JustSeth wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 1:28 am
LCaulkins wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 2:08 pm
You bet! Section 10 is officially yours.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mlaw001_thebegining_folk_js_128kb.mp3

Let me know if adjustments are needed :)

Also - I named the author as "folk tale" as in "The Beginning, a folk tale". Sounds better than "by anonymous" but let me know if I need to swap that.

Thx,
S
Hi Seth! I highly enjoyed your reading style. It's good to have you!

Let's use the editor in the author's spot. Would you mind inserting "edited by Mara L. Pratt" at :03? Thanks!

When you upload the new version of the file, don't forget to include its length of time when you post the link for the file. :) Right now it's (3:50), but that'll change with the inserted phrase.
~Lynette in Colorado, USA
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

LCaulkins
Posts: 1706
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » May 6th, 2020, 11:01 am

Hi, Tricia -

I can't find Mara Louise Pratt in the author list for the metadata. Also, she doesn't have a Wikipedia page.

(Not to be confused with Mary Louise Pratt. . .)
~Lynette in Colorado, USA
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 46772
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » May 6th, 2020, 12:02 pm

Mara L. Pratt is there: https://librivox.org/author/1706
Jack London short stories: The Strength of the Strong
Mystery/PulpFic: Dope, by Sax Rohmer
The one that started them all: Self-Help, by Samuel Smiles

LCaulkins
Posts: 1706
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » May 6th, 2020, 12:59 pm

::sigh:: I promise, I looked and looked. I wonder if the list didn't fully populate - LV was super S L O W to load anything until about 45 minutes ago.

Sorry about that!
~Lynette in Colorado, USA
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

blueberrybear
Posts: 17
Joined: May 6th, 2020, 11:30 am

Post by blueberrybear » May 6th, 2020, 7:18 pm

Hello I am new, my name is Karen V. May I claim section 12 The Popol Vuh, The First Book - Central American Kiche to read

LCaulkins
Posts: 1706
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » May 6th, 2020, 7:51 pm

blueberrybear wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 7:18 pm
Hello I am new, my name is Karen V. May I claim section 12 The Popol Vuh, The First Book - Central American Kiche to read
Hi, Karen! Thanks so much for volunteering.

The answer I posted to you in the Afghan Wars discussion applies here - I'll reserve Popul Vuh for a week while you do the preliminaries I linked over there. :)
~Lynette in Colorado, USA
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

JustSeth
Posts: 8
Joined: January 29th, 2020, 7:44 am

Post by JustSeth » May 7th, 2020, 12:35 am

Hi again :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mlaw001_thebegining_mlpratt_js_128kb.mp3

Duration 3:50

Gotta say its kinda anticlimactic to setup my recording gear for a 3 second re-record :D Gotta pay attention moving forward :D
Let me know if I need to adjust anything.

LCaulkins
Posts: 1706
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » May 7th, 2020, 9:11 am

JustSeth wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 12:35 am
Hi again :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mlaw001_thebegining_mlpratt_js_128kb.mp3

Duration 3:50

Gotta say its kinda anticlimactic to setup my recording gear for a 3 second re-record :D Gotta pay attention moving forward :D
Let me know if I need to adjust anything.
Hehe! I hear you on that! :)

Very nice edit, by the way. You're set up terrifically for recording - have fun browsing for your next section or solo project!

This section is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette in Colorado, USA
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

JustSeth
Posts: 8
Joined: January 29th, 2020, 7:44 am

Post by JustSeth » May 7th, 2020, 12:28 pm

Awesome!

Looking forward to colaborating again! :-)

LCaulkins
Posts: 1706
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » May 8th, 2020, 4:17 pm

triumphovermachine wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 8:37 pm
Section 11 complete

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/ivan_tsarevich_curtin_jc_128kb.mp3

26:04

Ivan Tsarevich, The Fire-Bird, And The Gray Wolf

Jeremiah Curtin

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/50011/50011-h/50011-h.htm


I would appreciate any advice on how to improve future recordings as well!
Hey, Triumph! I'm sorry this post slipped past me! Your section is loaded and will be PL'd first thing tomorrow morning. :)
~Lynette in Colorado, USA
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

LCaulkins
Posts: 1706
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » May 9th, 2020, 7:09 am

triumphovermachine wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 8:37 pm
Section 11 complete

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/ivan_tsarevich_curtin_jc_128kb.mp3

26:04

Ivan Tsarevich, The Fire-Bird, And The Gray Wolf

Jeremiah Curtin

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/50011/50011-h/50011-h.htm


I would appreciate any advice on how to improve future recordings as well!

PL Notes for Section 11:

Hi, Jonathon! This is an excellent recording! Your pace is perfect - slow enough for effortless auditory comprehension without the text in sight, but not the least bit laggish. Volume is good. Diction is great, and there aren't plosives. Your tone has a good variance with no droning along. I would keep working just as you have been. :)

The only thing that needs to be edited on the file is the over-long end silence. It needs to be clipped so that it's only 5 seconds of silence - it's at something like 10 seconds right now. (Don't forget to include the new time when you post that you've uploaded the edited file.) Thanks :)
~Lynette in Colorado, USA
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

triumphovermachine
Posts: 8
Joined: April 27th, 2020, 7:58 pm

Post by triumphovermachine » May 9th, 2020, 11:04 am

LCaulkins wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 7:09 am
triumphovermachine wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 8:37 pm
Section 11 complete

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/ivan_tsarevich_curtin_jc_128kb.mp3

26:04

Ivan Tsarevich, The Fire-Bird, And The Gray Wolf

Jeremiah Curtin

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/50011/50011-h/50011-h.htm


I would appreciate any advice on how to improve future recordings as well!

PL Notes for Section 11:

Hi, Jonathon! This is an excellent recording! Your pace is perfect - slow enough for effortless auditory comprehension without the text in sight, but not the least bit laggish. Volume is good. Diction is great, and there aren't plosives. Your tone has a good variance with no droning along. I would keep working just as you have been. :)

The only thing that needs to be edited on the file is the over-long end silence. It needs to be clipped so that it's only 5 seconds of silence - it's at something like 10 seconds right now. (Don't forget to include the new time when you post that you've uploaded the edited file.) Thanks :)
Here is the updated link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/ivan_tsarevich_curtin_jc_128kb.mp3

Thanks for the feedback!

blueberrybear
Posts: 17
Joined: May 6th, 2020, 11:30 am

Post by blueberrybear » May 9th, 2020, 2:40 pm

Hello LCaulkins,
I apologize but I won't be able to complete my section, section 12.

LCaulkins
Posts: 1706
Joined: October 6th, 2019, 10:22 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by LCaulkins » May 9th, 2020, 5:35 pm

blueberrybear wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 2:40 pm
Hello LCaulkins,
I apologize but I won't be able to complete my section, section 12.
That is 100% fine. :) Thank you for letting me know right away.
~Lynette in Colorado, USA
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

BrittanyTomes
Posts: 3
Joined: May 27th, 2020, 9:21 am

Post by BrittanyTomes » June 3rd, 2020, 8:08 pm

Hello, I am interested in doing section 12 if it is still available.

Post Reply