[POETRY] Oxford Poetry 1915, edited by G.D.H.C. and T.W.E. - tg

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
julianpratley
Posts: 16
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » February 6th, 2020, 7:14 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 6:56 pm

Yep. What name would you like in the catalog?
Julian Pratley

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2163
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 6th, 2020, 7:19 pm

julianpratley wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 7:14 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 6:56 pm

Yep. What name would you like in the catalog?
Julian Pratley
Thanks, you're in the MW. Have fun!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

NemoR
Posts: 2409
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Location: The Present

Post by NemoR » February 7th, 2020, 10:06 pm

Hi Campbell,

May I claim 23,36,47 please.

Thnx!
Nemo

"I find I cannot exist without Poetry—without eternal Poetry—half the day will not do—the whole of it—I began with a little, but habit has made me a Leviathan."

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2163
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 8th, 2020, 7:51 am

NemoR wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 10:06 pm
Hi Campbell,

May I claim 23,36,47 please.

Thnx!
Yep, thanks.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

NemoR
Posts: 2409
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Location: The Present

Post by NemoR » February 8th, 2020, 7:58 pm

Nemo

"I find I cannot exist without Poetry—without eternal Poetry—half the day will not do—the whole of it—I began with a little, but habit has made me a Leviathan."

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2163
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 9th, 2020, 12:37 pm

Campbell
pronouns: they/them

silverquill
Posts: 11712
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 12th, 2020, 8:45 am

I see there are few poems left. I would be glad to read 24 Domino Meo.

I would take 19, but I think that needs a feminine voice.
And, the long Dorothy Sayers piece is great, but I have very minimal ability in French and it would sound horrible.

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2163
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 12th, 2020, 9:24 am

silverquill wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 8:45 am
I see there are few poems left. I would be glad to read 24 Domino Meo.

I would take 19, but I think that needs a feminine voice.
And, the long Dorothy Sayers piece is great, but I have very minimal ability in French and it would sound horrible.
Put you down for 24. Yes, that French passage is annoying, especially because it needs a U.S. reader. My only thought would be maybe someone could find and read that passage if posted in the 'French Help' (or whatever it's called) forum? I can't seem to recall any U.S. readers who know French decently which makes it rough.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

ChristianeJehanne
Posts: 813
Joined: August 17th, 2018, 3:02 am
Location: FRANCE
Contact:

Post by ChristianeJehanne » February 17th, 2020, 5:02 am

Bonjour, :D

Voulez-vous que je lise ce petit paragraphe d’introduction en français ?

Au tout début de la Section 34.

A bientôt, si vous le souhaitez...

Bien cordialement
Christiane.

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2163
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 17th, 2020, 7:53 am

ChristianeJehanne wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 5:02 am
Bonjour, :D

Voulez-vous que je lise ce petit paragraphe d’introduction en français ?

Au tout début de la Section 34.

A bientôt, si vous le souhaitez...

Bien cordialement
Christiane.
Thanks for volunteering! Unfortunately, the author died in 1957, so I believe that would violate France's public domain rules (I tried to do some research, and settled on death + 70 years?). That's what makes this paragraph so tough to find readers for. Thanks for being willing to do it though.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

ChristianeJehanne
Posts: 813
Joined: August 17th, 2018, 3:02 am
Location: FRANCE
Contact:

Post by ChristianeJehanne » February 17th, 2020, 9:58 am

Entendu ! Bonne chance !
Amicalement 😀
Christiane.

Ealswythe
Posts: 805
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » February 17th, 2020, 4:47 pm

I’ll be able to read section 34, with the introduction in French. :D
No PD problems here. I’m an American, and I speak fluent French.
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2163
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 17th, 2020, 6:06 pm

Ealswythe wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 4:47 pm
I’ll be able to read section 34, with the introduction in French. :D
No PD problems here. I’m an American, and I speak fluent French.
Yay! Thanks so much. This was the one section I anticipated having a hard time filling, glad to see it has found a reader.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

lubee930
Posts: 4641
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » February 18th, 2020, 10:56 am

Hi Campbell--May I please claim the last poem, Section 19--? Thanks!
Kind regards,
Lucretia

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2163
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » February 18th, 2020, 12:30 pm

lubee930 wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 10:56 am
Hi Campbell--May I please claim the last poem, Section 19--? Thanks!
Of course! Thanks.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

Post Reply