[POETRY] Oxford Poetry 1915, edited by G.D.H.C. and T.W.E. - tg

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2165
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » January 18th, 2020, 9:44 am

Campbell
pronouns: they/them

adrianstephens
Posts: 439
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » January 20th, 2020, 10:31 am

Can I have sections 1-4 and 13?
My YouTube post on "Microphones, Noise, Audacity and Librivox" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NryVVLjd_Uk

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2165
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » January 20th, 2020, 10:55 am

adrianstephens wrote:
January 20th, 2020, 10:31 am
Can I have sections 1-4 and 13?
Definitely.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them



adrianstephens
Posts: 439
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » January 21st, 2020, 7:54 am

Hello all,

I'm interested in 34, but not confident of reading the french preface. Is there a french-speaker who would read the preface to 34 for me?

Best Regards,
Adrian
My YouTube post on "Microphones, Noise, Audacity and Librivox" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NryVVLjd_Uk

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2165
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » January 21st, 2020, 9:55 am

Thanks, both wonderfully read. 18 is OK. 27 has two small notes:

1:05 –missing ‘soon’ in ‘soon to be dead’

1:08 – extra word ‘white’
Campbell
pronouns: they/them


lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2165
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » January 21st, 2020, 9:59 am

adrianstephens wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 7:54 am
Hello all,

I'm interested in 34, but not confident of reading the french preface. Is there a french-speaker who would read the preface to 34 for me?

Best Regards,
Adrian
I always get frustrated when there's a passage I don't know how to read. You may be aware of this, but if you post this request in the French pronunciation thread there may be someone who is willing to either do a slow motion recording of it for you to copy or record the passage for you to insert. Let me know if I should put you down for the section.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

adrianstephens
Posts: 439
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » January 21st, 2020, 10:01 am

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 9:59 am
adrianstephens wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 7:54 am
Hello all,

I'm interested in 34, but not confident of reading the french preface. Is there a french-speaker who would read the preface to 34 for me?

Best Regards,
Adrian
I always get frustrated when there's a passage I don't know how to read. You may be aware of this, but if you post this request in the French pronunciation thread there may be someone who is willing to either do a slow motion recording of it for you to copy or record the passage for you to insert. Let me know if I should put you down for the section.
Thanks for the suggestion. Don't put me down for it yet. I'll have an enquiry with the thread you mention.
My YouTube post on "Microphones, Noise, Audacity and Librivox" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NryVVLjd_Uk


Algy Pug
Posts: 6005
Joined: December 26th, 2009, 10:07 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Post by Algy Pug » January 21st, 2020, 4:37 pm

I would like to read Sections 7 through 12 (the poems by T.W.Earp.)

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

_________________________
Let me recapitulate backwards to what happened previously.
- Rex Mossop

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2165
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » January 21st, 2020, 4:46 pm

Algy Pug wrote:
January 21st, 2020, 4:37 pm
I would like to read Sections 7 through 12 (the poems by T.W.Earp.)

Cheers
Thanks!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

mightyfelix
Posts: 4475
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » January 21st, 2020, 6:05 pm

I'll take section 37 as well, please.


Post Reply