Dreams Collection 1 - Stories and Poems -ag

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
msfry
Posts: 6204
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » February 1st, 2020, 8:25 am

williamjones wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 6:42 pm
In Re: A Curious Dream

I have started re-recording it, giving the skeleton the raspy voice.
Momentarily stopped on account of rain and thunder.
Please don't re-record the whole thing. It's already been PL'd, with only one change necessary, and just a few minutes voice over (and that only if you choose).

williamjones
Posts: 907
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » February 1st, 2020, 9:30 am

msfry wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 8:25 am
williamjones wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 6:42 pm
In Re: A Curious Dream

I have started re-recording it, giving the skeleton the raspy voice.
Momentarily stopped on account of rain and thunder.
Please don't re-record the whole thing. It's already been PL'd, with only one change necessary, and just a few minutes voice over (and that only if you choose).
Already completed the 2nd recording and done one PL on it.
Perhaps we can find someone else to do the PLing on this new one so you won't have to suffer thru it a second time.
Any takers out there? Anyone? Anyone" Ferris?
You shouldn't wait for inspiration...
You should go out after it with a club.

msfry
Posts: 6204
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » February 1st, 2020, 11:35 am

It's a great story, and Mr. Twain would approve of new ears getting to hear it! :P
When you get it uploaded, I'll advertise for a PL'er, and if no one takes the bait, I'll do it again myself.

williamjones
Posts: 907
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » February 3rd, 2020, 4:57 pm

You shouldn't wait for inspiration...
You should go out after it with a club.

williamjones
Posts: 907
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » February 3rd, 2020, 5:16 pm

You shouldn't wait for inspiration...
You should go out after it with a club.

Algy Pug
Posts: 5993
Joined: December 26th, 2009, 10:07 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Post by Algy Pug » February 3rd, 2020, 8:29 pm

Strange to say, I have never recorded this poem before.

Title: Kubla Khan
Author: Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772–1834)
Text link: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43991/kubla-khan
Duration: 3:30
MP3 link: dreamscollection1_kublakhan_coleridge_alp_128kb.mp3

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

_________________________
Let me recapitulate backwards to what happened previously.
- Rex Mossop

msfry
Posts: 6204
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » February 3rd, 2020, 8:52 pm

Algy Pug wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 8:29 pm
Strange to say, I have never recorded this poem before.

Title: Kubla Khan
Author: Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772–1834)
Text link: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43991/kubla-khan
Duration: 3:30
MP3 link: dreamscollection1_kublakhan_coleridge_alp_128kb.mp3

Cheers
Thanks Algy. First, I will need a completed link to add to the MW.

Algy Pug
Posts: 5993
Joined: December 26th, 2009, 10:07 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Post by Algy Pug » February 3rd, 2020, 9:01 pm

Algy Pug

My Librivox page

_________________________
Let me recapitulate backwards to what happened previously.
- Rex Mossop

msfry
Posts: 6204
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » February 4th, 2020, 8:10 am

PL Notes Kubla Khan

1:34 missing line after "in fast thick pants were breathing," A mighty fountain momently was forced:

williamjones
Posts: 907
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » February 4th, 2020, 10:26 pm

williamjones wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 5:16 pm
Still another correction to
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/dreamscollection1_curiousdream_twain_wj_128kb.mp3 26:10
No changes nor do-overs for this section in over 24 hours. :P :clap:
You shouldn't wait for inspiration...
You should go out after it with a club.

Algy Pug
Posts: 5993
Joined: December 26th, 2009, 10:07 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Post by Algy Pug » February 5th, 2020, 2:51 am

Algy Pug

My Librivox page

_________________________
Let me recapitulate backwards to what happened previously.
- Rex Mossop

msfry
Posts: 6204
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » February 5th, 2020, 7:27 am

Kubla Khan is PL OK. I admire your seamless edit! :thumbs:

msfry
Posts: 6204
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » February 5th, 2020, 2:38 pm

williamjones wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 10:26 pm
No changes nor do-overs for this section in over 24 hours. :P :clap:
Okay, its raining out and I'm in the mood for some dark humor. I'll PL it again.

msfry
Posts: 6204
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » February 5th, 2020, 3:27 pm

PL Notes on A Curious Dream

5:27 "third rib from the bottom, friend, hitch the end of it to my spine with a string:", joke is lost because you say "rim", and then "its the end"
13:43 Queensware crate, you say cray

williamjones
Posts: 907
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » February 5th, 2020, 3:47 pm

msfry wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 3:27 pm
PL Notes on A Curious Dream

5:27 "third rib from the bottom, friend, hitch the end of it to my spine with a string:", joke is lost because you say "rim", and then "its the end"
13:43 Queensware crate, you say cray
Both corrections made and uploaded
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/dreamscollection1_curiousdream_twain_wj_128kb.mp3 26:11
Thank you for your patience.
You shouldn't wait for inspiration...
You should go out after it with a club.

Post Reply