[OPEN] Children's Short Works, Vol. 033 - m8b1

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10542
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 8th, 2019, 7:15 am

Thank you, Kyle! It is now PL OK!

SweetHome
Posts: 225
Joined: November 5th, 2018, 6:54 am
Location: Canada

Post by SweetHome » November 11th, 2019, 11:36 am

Hello,
My daughter, LittlePeanut, has a contribution to add:
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw033_appleydapply_lp_128kb.mp3
Appley Dapply's Nursery Rhymes
Beatrix Potter (1866–1943)
Source: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Appley_Dapply%27s_Nursery_Rhymes
Time: 2:14
Thank you

BettyB
Posts: 2108
Joined: July 7th, 2015, 10:12 pm

Post by BettyB » November 11th, 2019, 9:01 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw033_childandpinetree_bbs_128kb.mp3

Time is 4.59

The Child and the Pine Tree by Ethel Arthington Fielden
World Stories for Children
Selected and Arranged by Sophie L. Woods 1916

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=hvd.32044081498842&view=1up&seq=28

Betty

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10542
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 12th, 2019, 7:26 am

SweetHome wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 11:36 am
Hello,
My daughter, LittlePeanut, has a contribution to add:
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw033_appleydapply_lp_128kb.mp3
Appley Dapply's Nursery Rhymes
Beatrix Potter (1866–1943)
Source: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Appley_Dapply%27s_Nursery_Rhymes
Time: 2:14
Thank you
Hi,

We generally don't accept wikisource as a source, and there is an additional problem as this is taken from a newer reprinting of the original book. I have not been able to find an actual scan of the original. At this point I don't think I can accept it unless we can find a scan of the original or if PG was to host it. I'm sorry!

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10542
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 12th, 2019, 7:27 am

BettyB wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 9:01 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw033_childandpinetree_bbs_128kb.mp3

Time is 4.59

The Child and the Pine Tree by Ethel Arthington Fielden
World Stories for Children
Selected and Arranged by Sophie L. Woods 1916

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=hvd.32044081498842&view=1up&seq=28

Betty
Thank you, Betty! It is PL OK!

SweetHome
Posts: 225
Joined: November 5th, 2018, 6:54 am
Location: Canada

Post by SweetHome » November 12th, 2019, 1:30 pm

Thank you for letting me know and also for trying to locate a scan of the book. That was kind of you. It is a sweet little book, and it would be nice to include in the collection one day when a more reliable source is found.

NishthaRocks
Posts: 120
Joined: August 29th, 2017, 10:16 pm

Post by NishthaRocks » November 23rd, 2019, 5:13 am

Hello,

I'd like to contribute a story to this collection with an author from the same city as I - Mumbai.

Title: How The First Letter Was Written
Author: Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)
Source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2781/2781-h/2781-h.htm
Length: 22:37


https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw033_howfirstletterwaswritten_pn_128kb.mp3


Thanks so much.

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10542
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 23rd, 2019, 2:30 pm

Thank you, Nishtha ~ it is PL OK!

NishthaRocks
Posts: 120
Joined: August 29th, 2017, 10:16 pm

Post by NishthaRocks » November 24th, 2019, 5:22 am

Here's the sequel

Title: How The Alphabet Was Made
Author: Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)
Source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2781/2781-h/2781-h.htm
Length: 19:41


https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw033_how_alphabet_was_madde_pn_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Nishtha

ColleenMc
Posts: 1107
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » November 24th, 2019, 5:38 am

Is it okay to read a poem for this collection, if it is meant for kids and tells a story?

Thanks,
Colleen

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10542
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 24th, 2019, 12:36 pm

NishthaRocks wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 5:22 am
Here's the sequel

Title: How The Alphabet Was Made
Author: Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)
Source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2781/2781-h/2781-h.htm
Length: 19:41


https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw033_how_alphabet_was_madde_pn_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Nishtha
Thank you ~ I will listen to it tomorrow.

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10542
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 24th, 2019, 12:37 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 5:38 am
Is it okay to read a poem for this collection, if it is meant for kids and tells a story?

Thanks,
Colleen
No, poetry should go in a poetry collection. Sorry!

ColleenMc
Posts: 1107
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » November 25th, 2019, 4:58 am

No problem, thanks!

Colleen

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10542
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 25th, 2019, 10:42 am

NishthaRocks wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 5:22 am
Here's the sequel

Title: How The Alphabet Was Made
Author: Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)
Source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2781/2781-h/2781-h.htm
Length: 19:41


https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw033_how_alphabet_was_madde_pn_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Nishtha
PL Note for how the Alphabet was Made:
@8:45-8:49 there is a long pause. If you could make it a bit shorter, that would be great!
Also, when you re-upload, please make the file name a bit shorter, without all the _'s.

Thanks!

NishthaRocks
Posts: 120
Joined: August 29th, 2017, 10:16 pm

Post by NishthaRocks » November 30th, 2019, 1:33 am

m8b1 wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 10:42 am
NishthaRocks wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 5:22 am
Here's the sequel

Title: How The Alphabet Was Made
Author: Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)
Source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2781/2781-h/2781-h.htm
Length: 19:41


https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw033_how_alphabet_was_madde_pn_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Nishtha
PL Note for how the Alphabet was Made:
@8:45-8:49 there is a long pause. If you could make it a bit shorter, that would be great!
Also, when you re-upload, please make the file name a bit shorter, without all the _'s.

Thanks!
Hello,
I'm so sorry about this, but I forgot to save the file on my laptop. I'll have to redo the story to get this done so can it be done without? If not, I'll withdraw this entry.
Cheers!
Nishtha

Post Reply