[COMPLETE]Love Stories Volume 2 -pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thank you, Bill. I look forward to listening soon.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Duplicate post. Can't remove it, so I'll just complain about it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by msfry on November 5th, 2019, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

Hello,
Here is my second contribution:
Author: T. W. Rolleston (1857-1920)
Title: THE SECRET OF LABRA
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/14749/14749-h/14749-h.htm#CHAPTER_III
Audio recording ready for PL'ing: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lovestories2_thesecretoflabra_rolleston_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 04:05
Kind regards,
Chad
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Hi Michele, re-do perfect :) Thanks so much for the feedback, I wasn't sure what to include and what to leave - but it certainly made me appreciate the hard work of the many proof listeners! I definitely see the point about seamless editing, it is very difficult to reproduce the same voice/sound level when replacing errors - and I certainly speak from experience here!! cheers, Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes The Secret Of Labra

Volume reported by Checker at 83.9, below LV requirements, and some places are below that. Please increase volume by +6
Cute story, Chad, but how is it a love story?
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes for When One Loves

My only note pertains to the file name. Please reload taking the underscores out of the title: _when_one_loves_, should be _whenoneloves_

All else PL OK. Thank you.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Is this really a MULTILINGUAL collection? So far everything is in English, and Vol.1 looks totally English too?
I'd be happy to submit a story in Russian, if it's okay.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

karlkuzmich wrote: November 6th, 2019, 3:33 pm Is this really a MULTILINGUAL collection? So far everything is in English, and Vol.1 looks totally English too?
I hope you'll let Mark take a shot. I love to hear Russian accents.
I won't understand much of it, maybe 5%, but it would be fun.

For Mark:
Лейтенант Ржевский говорит архитектору:
- «Я хочу, чтобы вы построили три бассейна: один с холодной водой, один с теплой водой, а другой без воды».
- "Почему у третьего не было бы воды?"
- Потому что некоторые из моих друзей не умеют плавать.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

karlkuzmich wrote: November 6th, 2019, 3:33 pm Is this really a MULTILINGUAL collection? So far everything is in English, and Vol.1 looks totally English too?
It is! Feel free to submit your story, and we'll advertise for a Russian-language PL'er, or maybe you can invite one. (I can't help it if only English stories are submitted! :roll:
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

Please see my most recent message below.
Kind regards,
Chad
Last edited by Horner94 on November 9th, 2019, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

msfry wrote: November 5th, 2019, 9:46 pm PL Notes The Secret Of Labra

Volume reported by Checker at 83.9, below LV requirements, and some places are below that. Please increase volume by +6
Well, this story to me demonstrates a mother's love for her child pleading to the King not to be put to him death and the king having compassion on one of his subjects by ordering him to tell his secret to a willow-tree instead off killing him? Unless if have totally misunderstood the story. Tell me what are your impressions?
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Kind regards,
Chad
msfry

Post by msfry »

Horner94 wrote: November 6th, 2019, 7:02 pm

Well, this story to me demonstrates a mother's love for her child pleading to the King not to be put to him death and the king having compassion on one of his subjects by ordering him to tell his secret to a willow-tree instead off killing him? Unless if have totally misunderstood the story. Tell me what are your impressions?
Kind regards,
Chad
Ah, yes. I was thrown by her statement that she just needed her son kept alive "to support her". And the king's compassion was conditional on his pride not being compromised. My sympathy for this as a love story stopped on both those counts. But as I said, it is a cool story, so let's keep it. And it is even cooler that you asked for my impressions. Here is a treat for you.
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

msfry wrote: November 6th, 2019, 7:27 pm
Horner94 wrote: November 6th, 2019, 7:02 pm

Kind regards,
Chad
Ah, yes. I was thrown by her statement that she just needed her son kept alive "to support her". And the king's compassion was conditional on his pride not being compromised. My sympathy for this as a love story stopped on both those counts. But as I said, it is a cool story, so let's keep it. And it is even cooler that you asked for my impressions. Here is a treat for you.
I will make the necessary amendment to this recording.
I also just wanted to let you know that I have added another recording to this collection (On Love by Kalil Gibran), above, just in case you overlooked it.
Kind regards,
Chad
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

Here is my last contribution to this collection:
Author: Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)
Title: The Knowledge Of Christ's Love
URL to text: www.gutenberg.org/files/42657/42657-h/42657-h.htm
Audio recording ready for PL'ing:
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lovestories2_theknowledgeofchristslove_spurgeon_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 02:49
Kind regards,
Chad
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

williamjones wrote: November 6th, 2019, 4:42 pm
I hope you'll let Mark take a shot. I love to hear Russian accents.
I won't understand much of it, maybe 5%, but it would be fun.

For Mark:
Лейтенант Ржевский говорит архитектору:
- «Я хочу, чтобы вы построили три бассейна: один с холодной водой, один с теплой водой, а другой без воды».
- "Почему у третьего не было бы воды?"
- Потому что некоторые из моих друзей не умеют плавать.
Thank you, Bill, hope you would take up PL of my submission (in a minute).
Funny joke, but that must be a translation of an American one. Houses with pools were never popular in Russia, where they would stay frozen for 8 months out of 12 :-)
A variation of this joke:
Every evening a software engineer sets two glasses on his night table, one with water, and the other empty. Asked why, he answers, if I wake up and want to drink, I use one, if I am not thirsty I use the other.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский