[GROUP] Fables of Aesop and Others by Aesop ed by Thomas Bewick-ag

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
markhenry64
Posts: 6
Joined: November 27th, 2019, 1:43 pm

Post by markhenry64 » November 27th, 2019, 4:43 pm

Hi, I'd like to contribute. I'm trying to fill in the gaps so I'll do 80 91 92 94 96.

markhenry64
Posts: 6
Joined: November 27th, 2019, 1:43 pm

Post by markhenry64 » November 27th, 2019, 7:15 pm

I hope I don't regret recording immediately without hearing confirmation back, but I only set aside one day to do this this week, so I've had to get to work. I put a chair and table in my closet and I feel pretty pleased with the results.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_080_aesop_128kb.mp3 (2:54)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_091_aesop_128kb.mp3 (3:07)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_092_aesop_128kb.mp3 (3:12)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_094_aesop_128kb.mp3 (2:33)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_096_aesop_128kb.mp3 (2:22)

The editor sure likes to talk about how you should treat your servants! :D

Jmbau13
Posts: 552
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » November 27th, 2019, 7:33 pm

markhenry64 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 7:15 pm
I hope I don't regret recording immediately without hearing confirmation back, but I only set aside one day to do this this week, so I've had to get to work. I put a chair and table in my closet and I feel pretty pleased with the results.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_080_aesop_128kb.mp3 (2:54)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_091_aesop_128kb.mp3 (3:07)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_092_aesop_128kb.mp3 (3:12)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_094_aesop_128kb.mp3 (2:33)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_096_aesop_128kb.mp3 (2:22)

The editor sure likes to talk about how you should treat your servants! :D
He has some very strong opinions about a lot of things :lol: Oftentimes, longer opionions than the actual fable!
regards
Jane Bennett

Jmbau13
Posts: 552
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » November 27th, 2019, 7:51 pm

Perfect, and beautifully read. You have a lovely voice, Kathryn. Thank you.
regards
Jane Bennett

Jmbau13
Posts: 552
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » November 27th, 2019, 7:59 pm

Seaquill wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 3:53 pm
Hello, silverquill. Here's my recording: <https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_077_aesop_128kb.mp3> (2:25). I would like to be listed as Seaquill.
Thank you for this. It's nicely read but a couple of things to fix:
~ 1.13, the text says "the effect of a blind temerity" but I can only hear 'a blind merity' which does not make sense
The other: could you please make sure the final sentence is 5 secs? Yours is somewhat shorter than it should be.
regards
Jane Bennett

Jmbau13
Posts: 552
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » November 27th, 2019, 8:12 pm

nighthawks wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 3:29 am
here is the recording of Section 044.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_044_128kb.mp3

Sorry about the mistake.

:D
We've all made mistakes in this place. :lol:
Unfortunately, you made 2 mistakes with the filenaming standard, and have fixed one, but not the other. (It's essential to get the filenaming right on each project, or things go wrong in the compiling)
The standard pattern is usually title_sectionnumber_author - and you have left out the _aesop after the section number.
Your file should be named: fablesofaesop_044_aesop_128kb.mp3

It cannot be marked as PL OK until the filename is correct. Otherwise, all good.
regards
Jane Bennett

Jmbau13
Posts: 552
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » November 27th, 2019, 8:49 pm

Thank you for these.

31 and 48 are PL OK.

30: ~ 2.21 Please could you correct the awkward reading of this phrase; "by a quiet hearth, and under an unenvied roof" because as is, although I think you got the words out, it's very hard to get the meaning of what you said and sounds like you stumble (it may help to know that the ea in 'hearth' is pronounced as it is in 'heart'. )

41 - your end silence is nowhere near the 5 secs required. It is important to have the full amount of silence, to avoid compilation problems when the book is finished.
regards
Jane Bennett

silverquill
Posts: 11431
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 27th, 2019, 9:28 pm

Masyukun wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 9:56 am
silverquill wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 11:05 pm
Masyukun wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 4:47 pm
May I take section 79?
Yes, of course.
Thank you.
Here's my recording -- hope it's okay that I went ahead and did it before hearing an "OK" https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_079_aesop_128kb.mp3 [2:08] Matthew Royal
Thank you.
In the MW Ready for PL

silverquill
Posts: 11431
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 27th, 2019, 9:32 pm

Thank you so much!
Now in the MW Ready for PL

silverquill
Posts: 11431
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 27th, 2019, 9:38 pm

markhenry64 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:43 pm
Hi, I'd like to contribute. I'm trying to fill in the gaps so I'll do 80 91 92 94 96.
Well, I do appreciate your enthusiasm, but it is really important to follow procedures here to keep things flowing smoothly.
In this case, I cannot assign these sections to you until I can add you to the LibriVox catalog and to do that I need to know how you would like to be listed -- name, pseudonym, nickname?

In the meanwhile, I'll save these sections for you.

~Larry

markhenry64
Posts: 6
Joined: November 27th, 2019, 1:43 pm

Post by markhenry64 » November 27th, 2019, 9:42 pm

silverquill wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 9:38 pm
I need to know how you would like to be listed -- name, pseudonym, nickname?
Thank you. As Mark Henry, please.

silverquill
Posts: 11431
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 27th, 2019, 9:50 pm

markhenry64 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 7:15 pm
I hope I don't regret recording immediately without hearing confirmation back, but I only set aside one day to do this this week, so I've had to get to work. I put a chair and table in my closet and I feel pretty pleased with the results.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_080_aesop_128kb.mp3 (2:54)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_091_aesop_128kb.mp3 (3:07)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_092_aesop_128kb.mp3 (3:12)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_094_aesop_128kb.mp3 (2:33)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_096_aesop_128kb.mp3 (2:22)

The editor sure likes to talk about how you should treat your servants! :D
Thought I'd just take a quick listen to one of these in case there's a problem.
Glad to report that it sounds fine, nicely read.

The only suggestion I would make is that some of the pauses seem a bit long in places, and in the middle of many of them there is a clck, maybe a lick smack. I have this problem myself, so I try to edit this out, and maybe adjust the spacing when I edit.

So, do let us know how we can list you in the LV catalog so we can add your nice recordings to the project. :D

markhenry64
Posts: 6
Joined: November 27th, 2019, 1:43 pm

Post by markhenry64 » November 28th, 2019, 1:22 am

silverquill wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 9:50 pm
markhenry64 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 7:15 pm
I hope I don't regret recording immediately without hearing confirmation back, but I only set aside one day to do this this week, so I've had to get to work. I put a chair and table in my closet and I feel pretty pleased with the results.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_080_aesop_128kb.mp3 (2:54)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_091_aesop_128kb.mp3 (3:07)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_092_aesop_128kb.mp3 (3:12)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_094_aesop_128kb.mp3 (2:33)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_096_aesop_128kb.mp3 (2:22)

The editor sure likes to talk about how you should treat your servants! :D
Thought I'd just take a quick listen to one of these in case there's a problem.
Glad to report that it sounds fine, nicely read.

The only suggestion I would make is that some of the pauses seem a bit long in places, and in the middle of many of them there is a clck, maybe a lick smack. I have this problem myself, so I try to edit this out, and maybe adjust the spacing when I edit.

So, do let us know how we can list you in the LV catalog so we can add your nice recordings to the project. :D
Are you talking about pauses around headings (for example ... pause ... "Application"... pause ...) or pauses in between sentences? Could the reading be a little faster pace generally?
I'll edit out mouth noises wherever I see them, that's good feedback.
Are these files good enough to accept, or should I try to address your feedback?

I'd like to be credited just as "Mark Henry", if that's what you're asking. Just a name, right?

nighthawks
Posts: 214
Joined: November 28th, 2017, 2:55 am

Post by nighthawks » November 28th, 2019, 2:58 am


silverquill
Posts: 11431
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 28th, 2019, 8:26 am

markhenry64 wrote:
November 28th, 2019, 1:22 am

Are you talking about pauses around headings (for example ... pause ... "Application"... pause ...) or pauses in between sentences? Could the reading b lie a little faster pace generally?ic
I'll edit out mouth noises wherever I see them, that's good feedback.
Are these files good enough to accept, or should I try to address your feedback?

I'd like to be credited just as "Mark Henry", if that's what you're asking. Just a name, right?
Thanks for your note!

I'll add you to the catalog and get these in the MW.

Section 80
The pause for Application are fine, maybe a tad long, but still okay.
Here are a few of the examples at 1:33, 2:00 , 2:09
You will hear some of those clicks there as well.

Your reading is really quite good and an excellent start for you time here on LibriVox, and I hope we will here a lot more from you.

I've listened only to Section 80 and will mark it PL OK, and leave the rest for our DPL to evaluate. But, these are just minor things, and certainly no need tor record again.

Thank you for you fine contribution!

Larry

Post Reply