COMPLETE [GROUP] Fables of Aesop and Others by Aesop ed by Thomas Bewick-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

gregleopold wrote: October 13th, 2019, 8:57 pm I'm just using section 185 as my test.
While I do appreciate your enthusiasm, there are certain procedures that we ask everyone to follow, and the first is to do our official 1-minute preliminary recording. There are a lot of good reasons for this and it is intentionally designed to identify potential problems so they don't have to be dealt with on a longer recording by a book coordinator. So, I respectfully repeat my request that you do this. It is quite simple. It needs to be posted on the Listneer's Wanted Fourm viewforum.php?f=21 If you need more info, please see the main article https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

We also don't accept recordings until they have been officially assigned to a reader. This is to keep everything orderly and avoid confusion for everyone. You haven't even been added to the catalog yet, so I have no way of assigning anything to you. You didn't say how you want to be listed and credited.

So, please post back here when you have the official "OK" and tell me what name you want to be listed by, and then I can assign you sections.

Thanks for your interest.

~Larry
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
nighthawks

Post by nighthawks »

May I do The Fox and the Wolf please, also do I need to record The Application as well.
nighthawks

Post by nighthawks »

Sorry to ask but, Is this book in the public domain in europe and the uk.
Kessie

Post by Kessie »

Jmbau13 wrote: October 11th, 2019, 8:42 pm
Nicely read - thank you for these.
I just have one issue I'm going to ask you to correct, which is to read 'shew' in 179 ~2.43 as 'show', and not to rhyme with 'shoe', so that the phrse is read 'and to show ourselves..' (I hear the rather confusing phrase currently '...and to shoe ourselves...'.
Thank you very much! I definitely should have looked that up beforehand. :)

Here is a fixed version of the recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_179_aesop_128kb.mp3
- Kessie
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kessie wrote: October 14th, 2019, 10:26 am

Thank you!
Ready for Spot PL
~ Larry
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

Hi,
could I please claim the section 175, The Travellers and the Bear? :)
Kudrna
Kudrna
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

nighthawks wrote: October 14th, 2019, 9:25 am Sorry to ask but, Is this book in the public domain in europe and the uk.
Don’t be sorry it’s a fair question.
It was published in 1818 so I believe the answer is a firmyes. When there is a question of PD not yet worldwide, there is usually a warning notice in the topic thread to alert us non US people
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Kessie wrote: October 14th, 2019, 10:26 am
Jmbau13 wrote: October 11th, 2019, 8:42 pm
Nicely read - thank you for these.
I just have one issue I'm going to ask you to correct, which is to read 'shew' in 179 ~2.43 as 'show', and not to rhyme with 'shoe', so that the phrse is read 'and to show ourselves..' (I hear the rather confusing phrase currently '...and to shoe ourselves...'.
Thank you very much! I definitely should have looked that up beforehand. :)

Perfect. Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing more of your voice on Librivox.
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

nighthawks wrote: October 14th, 2019, 9:15 am May I do The Fox and the Wolf please, also do I need to record The Application as well.
Could you please identify the section number not just the name, to make Larry's job easier? And yes, the Section consists both of the fable and the 'Application'. This particular compiler was keen on driving home his version of the message. :lol:
regards
Jane Bennett
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

nighthawks wrote: October 14th, 2019, 9:15 am May I do The Fox and the Wolf please, also do I need to record The Application as well.
Sure. I've put you in for Section 169.

And, yes, please do read the Application.

Thanks you!
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kudrna wrote: October 14th, 2019, 11:15 am Hi,
could I please claim the section 175, The Travellers and the Bear? :)
Kudrna
Yes! Thank you for joining. :)
You have 175 to read.
~ Larry
BearPause

Post by BearPause »

I'll read row 131 (The Tortoise and the Eagle). This will be my first recording so we'll start small :)
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Hunnoe wrote: October 13th, 2019, 4:24 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_052_128kb.mp3

Here is the recording of the Goat and the Lion. It is about 1 minute and 46 seconds long.
I have listened to this and it is nicely read. Thank you.
BUT 2 issues to fix as your file does not meet Librivox tech specs currently.
1 Volume.
Yours is too low. (Actually, it's a bit strange, because the first part of your reading is louder than the second part - were you trying hard to get the volume loud at the beginning? Still, overall too low)
I see you were given advice on your original test reading about how to Amplify, but as the problem is back, you'll need to pay more attention to this.
a/ Assuming you are using Audacity, use ReplayGain to tell you how much to Amplify by. Select your entire recording, then choose Analyze, ReplayGain. It will tell you how much you need to increase the volume by.
b/Use Effect, Amplify and enter that figure.
c/Then listen and check to see if you will now need to reduce Noise as Amplify will increase that also.

2. Silencesat beginning and end. Librivox requires no more than 1 sec at the beginning and a full 5 secs at the end. Neither of yours meet this. This is a basic.

I would really ask you to use Checker in future before uploading any of your files, to ensure they meet basic specs such as right volume. Let me know if you need help on this.
Also, your file is 1m 48s in length (not 46). We use this figure so needs to be accurate. It always includes the silences. Audacity tells you what it is if you go to the file end, then look at the screen bottom (Audio Position)
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

silverquill wrote: October 13th, 2019, 7:28 pm
Hunnoe wrote: October 13th, 2019, 4:10 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_051_128kb.mp3

The recording is 3 minutes 8 seconds long. The bell you heard has been (finally) edited out and some silence added at the beginning and end. Hope this is satisfactory. They are quite fun to record!

Wanda (Noelle)
Ready for Spot PL.
I downloaded this file, but it is a duplicate 52. Please reupload the right file.
regards
Jane Bennett
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

BearPause wrote: October 15th, 2019, 8:34 pm I'll read row 131 (The Tortoise and the Eagle). This will be my first recording so we'll start small :)
I would be glad to welcome you to this project!

But, we do ask our new readers first to complete a one-minute test recording to check specifications. You will find instructions for doing this in your welcome message our in the Newbie Guide to Recording which is linked in bullet point 2 in the head post for this project. I suggest you read through this because it has a lot of useful information that will help get you off to a good start.

If you need more info, please see the main article https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Once you have the official "OK" on this test, please post again here for any open sections, and let me know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog.

~Larry
~ Larry