[GROUP] Fables of Aesop and Others by Aesop ed by Thomas Bewick-ag

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply

NarratorJ
Posts: 43
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 11:27 am

Post by NarratorJ » October 2nd, 2019, 8:40 am

feedback / constructive criticism appreciated

DorisRego
Posts: 21
Joined: September 20th, 2019, 6:59 am

Post by DorisRego » October 2nd, 2019, 12:10 pm

Hi Jane sorry for the delay. I have reposted. Time is 2.54
Thank you

sarahrejoice
Posts: 58
Joined: October 30th, 2017, 8:57 am
Location: Vermont, USA

Post by sarahrejoice » October 2nd, 2019, 12:59 pm

Hello. My recording of section 73 is now complete: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_073_aesop_128kb.mp3 (3:05). Please let me know if any tweaks are needed. Thanks!
“Ah, how good it is to be among people who are reading.” –Rainer Maria Rilke

Kessie
Posts: 11
Joined: September 24th, 2019, 6:55 pm

Post by Kessie » October 2nd, 2019, 7:18 pm

Hi!

Could I claim sections 177, 179, and 180?
- Kessie

Jmbau13
Posts: 344
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » October 2nd, 2019, 8:30 pm

DorisRego wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:10 pm
Hi Jane sorry for the delay. I have reposted. Time is 2.54
Thank you
Thanks for this Doris - but could you also post the link for the new file please? It is needed to update the Magic Window and until that's done, I can't spot PL. (You probably don't still have it, so just upload again and give that link)
Later edit: Ignore this message.
Last edited by Jmbau13 on October 2nd, 2019, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards
Jane Bennett

silverquill
Posts: 10917
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 2nd, 2019, 9:27 pm

DorisRego wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:10 pm
Hi Jane sorry for the delay. I have reposted. Time is 2.54
Thank you
Thanks! I've marked this Ready for Spot PL

silverquill
Posts: 10917
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 2nd, 2019, 9:32 pm

Kessie wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 7:18 pm
Hi!

Could I claim sections 177, 179, and 180?
With pleasure!
These are yours to record.

Jmbau13
Posts: 344
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » October 2nd, 2019, 9:48 pm

DorisRego wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:10 pm
Hi Jane sorry for the delay. I have reposted. Time is 2.54
Thank you
Hi again Doris - thanks for this, but there's an error somewhere - did you perhaps repost your original file? I just listened to the end of it, and it still doesn't have the 5 secs at the end, and is only 2m51s (not 2.54) so I'm confused. :?
regards
Jane Bennett

Jmbau13
Posts: 344
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » October 2nd, 2019, 10:06 pm

NarratorJ wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 8:40 am
Section 24 - 3:57
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_024_aesop_128kb.mp3
Thanks
J
Hi J
Thank you for this (and for picking up the orphans!)
All your tech specs are good, as well as the full 5 secs at the end, and a nice space between the fable and Application. Good reading, thank you.
Just one issue which I'm going to ask you to correct (and upload corrected file) in that you have left over 5 secs before the 'End of Section...' reading, which is too long. Could you edit it down to 2 secs or less please? When it's as long as that, it can confuse listeners who aren't sure whether the reading is continuing or ending.
regards
Jane Bennett

NarratorJ
Posts: 43
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 11:27 am

Post by NarratorJ » October 3rd, 2019, 5:56 am

Jmbau13 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 10:06 pm
NarratorJ wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 8:40 am
Section 24 - 3:57
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_024_aesop_128kb.mp3
Thanks
J
Hi J
Thank you for this (and for picking up the orphans!)
All your tech specs are good, as well as the full 5 secs at the end, and a nice space between the fable and Application. Good reading, thank you.
Just one issue which I'm going to ask you to correct (and upload corrected file) in that you have left over 5 secs before the 'End of Section...' reading, which is too long. Could you edit it down to 2 secs or less please? When it's as long as that, it can confuse listeners who aren't sure whether the reading is continuing or ending.
How's this?
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_024_aesop_128kb.mp3
Thanks
J
feedback / constructive criticism appreciated

NarratorJ
Posts: 43
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 11:27 am

Post by NarratorJ » October 3rd, 2019, 5:57 am

NarratorJ wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 5:56 am
Jmbau13 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 10:06 pm
NarratorJ wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 8:40 am
Section 24 - 3:57
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_024_aesop_128kb.mp3
Thanks
J
Hi J
Thank you for this (and for picking up the orphans!)
All your tech specs are good, as well as the full 5 secs at the end, and a nice space between the fable and Application. Good reading, thank you.
Just one issue which I'm going to ask you to correct (and upload corrected file) in that you have left over 5 secs before the 'End of Section...' reading, which is too long. Could you edit it down to 2 secs or less please? When it's as long as that, it can confuse listeners who aren't sure whether the reading is continuing or ending.
How's this?
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_024_aesop_128kb.mp3
Thanks
J
sorry, new time : 3:53.46
feedback / constructive criticism appreciated

NarratorJ
Posts: 43
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 11:27 am

Post by NarratorJ » October 3rd, 2019, 7:56 am

feedback / constructive criticism appreciated

silverquill
Posts: 10917
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 3rd, 2019, 8:33 am

NarratorJ wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 7:56 am
Section 152 - 3:6.15
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_152_aesop_128kb.mp3
Thanks
J
Thanks! MW updated for both. :)

Jmbau13
Posts: 344
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » October 3rd, 2019, 6:29 pm

NarratorJ wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 7:56 am
Section 152 - 3:6.15
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_152_aesop_128kb.mp3
Thanks
J
All good, thank you. Both your sections PL OK. Lovely reading on 152.
regards
Jane Bennett

Post Reply