LibriVox 14th Anniversary Collection-ag

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
mhhbook
Posts: 795
Joined: October 4th, 2008, 8:06 pm
Location: Arkansas

Post by mhhbook » August 13th, 2019, 7:58 pm

Section 10, "Fourteen Days Ride..." is PL OK. :)
Mary

“Fill your house with stacks of books, in all the crannies and all the nooks.” – Dr. Seuss

Marsupial's Books

KevinS
Posts: 2561
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 13th, 2019, 8:20 pm

mhhbook wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 7:58 pm
Section 10, "Fourteen Days Ride..." is PL OK. :)
Thank you!
E agora, José?

Mayah92
Posts: 267
Joined: October 20th, 2016, 3:10 am

Post by Mayah92 » August 15th, 2019, 3:16 am

Hi,

I would like to read the CREEK War 1813-1814, if it is still possible.
:thumbs: Life is precious!

KevinS
Posts: 2561
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 15th, 2019, 5:59 am

Mayah92 wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 3:16 am
Hi,

I would like to read the CREEK War 1813-1814, if it is still possible.
Yes, please do. Is it a chapter of a book?
E agora, José?

commonsparrow3
Posts: 2502
Joined: January 17th, 2013, 9:16 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Post by commonsparrow3 » August 15th, 2019, 11:45 am

Here's my brief contribution!

Title of poem -- "1914: Five Sonnets"
Author -- Rupert Brooke (1887-1915)
Link from uploader -- https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fourteen_1914_brooke_mk_128kb.mp3
Source from which you read -- https://archive.org/details/fivesonnets00broouoft/page/n3
Length -- 06:34

commonsparrow3
Posts: 2502
Joined: January 17th, 2013, 9:16 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Post by commonsparrow3 » August 15th, 2019, 11:53 am

Since I've already done my contribution, and it's one to a customer, I'll leave this suggestion here for anyone else who might want it:

"Survey of Occupations Open to the Girl of Fourteen to Sixteen Years" (published in 1912)

There are only about 8 pages of actual text. The rest of the pamphlet is merely tables, so if the tables are omitted, it would be a nice short work.
The tables are not that difficult to read, as well, if anyone wanted to try it.

KevinS
Posts: 2561
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 15th, 2019, 12:02 pm

commonsparrow3 wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 11:53 am
Since I've already done my contribution, and it's one to a customer, I'll leave this suggestion here for anyone else who might want it:

"Survey of Occupations Open to the Girl of Fourteen to Sixteen Years" (published in 1912)

There are only about 8 pages of actual text. The rest of the pamphlet is merely tables, so if the tables are omitted, it would be a nice short work.
The tables are not that difficult to read, as well, if anyone wanted to try it.
I'd be willing to make an exception for you! No pressure though. I've been thinking about doing another myself!
E agora, José?

Anitazz
Posts: 91
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 7:51 am

Post by Anitazz » August 15th, 2019, 2:45 pm

Argh!!! I missed the limit of 1 per reader until after I uploaded! SO! I'm OK if you prefer not to use this one, but if you find you might need 1 to get to fourteen entries.... you might want to include this one.... or someone else may want to do it. (Or it could get re-purposed for the Travels Short Works, though I already have 2 in there). My feeling won't be hurt :roll:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fourteen_letterxiv_gray_asm_128kb.mp3 (11:52)
Letter XIV from Fourteen Months in Canton by Mrs. John Henry Gray
text source: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc2.ark:/13960/t7np26w88&view=1up&seq=184

Anita

KevinS
Posts: 2561
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 15th, 2019, 2:46 pm

Anitazz wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 2:45 pm
Argh!!! I missed the limit of 1 per reader until after I uploaded! SO! I'm OK if you prefer not to use this one, but if you find you might need 1 to get to fourteen entries.... you might want to include this one.... or someone else may want to do it. (Or it could get re-purposed for the Travels Short Works, though I already have 2 in there). My feeling won't be hurt :roll:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fourteen_letterxiv_gray_asm_128kb.mp3 (11:52)
Letter XIV from Fourteen Months in Canton by Mrs. John Henry Gray
text source: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc2.ark:/13960/t7np26w88&view=1up&seq=184

Anita
Not a problem. I'll add it here.
E agora, José?

ColleenMc
Posts: 985
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » August 15th, 2019, 3:19 pm

"The Number Fourteen" by Anonymous, from the New York Times, January 29, 1871.


https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fourteen_numberfourteen_anonymous_cm_128kb.mp3

Source: https://timesmachine.nytimes.com/timesmachine/1871/01/29/78756995.pdf

3:38

Colleen McMahon

KevinS
Posts: 2561
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 15th, 2019, 3:44 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 3:19 pm
"The Number Fourteen" by Anonymous, from the New York Times, January 29, 1871.


https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fourteen_numberfourteen_anonymous_cm_128kb.mp3

Source: https://timesmachine.nytimes.com/timesmachine/1871/01/29/78756995.pdf

3:38

Colleen McMahon
Thank you!
E agora, José?

mhhbook
Posts: 795
Joined: October 4th, 2008, 8:06 pm
Location: Arkansas

Post by mhhbook » August 16th, 2019, 1:10 pm

Note for Section 12, The Number Fourteen: At 2:36 Louis XIV should be Louis XV :)
Mary

“Fill your house with stacks of books, in all the crannies and all the nooks.” – Dr. Seuss

Marsupial's Books

KevinS
Posts: 2561
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 16th, 2019, 1:19 pm

We're so close to getting 14 submissions. I bet we get them!
E agora, José?

mhhbook
Posts: 795
Joined: October 4th, 2008, 8:06 pm
Location: Arkansas

Post by mhhbook » August 16th, 2019, 1:30 pm

Section 11, "Letter 14" is PL OK. :)
Mary

“Fill your house with stacks of books, in all the crannies and all the nooks.” – Dr. Seuss

Marsupial's Books

mhhbook
Posts: 795
Joined: October 4th, 2008, 8:06 pm
Location: Arkansas

Post by mhhbook » August 16th, 2019, 1:40 pm

commonsparrow3 wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 11:45 am
Here's my brief contribution!

Title of poem -- "1914: Five Sonnets"
Author -- Rupert Brooke (1887-1915)
Link from uploader -- https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fourteen_1914_brooke_mk_128kb.mp3
Source from which you read -- https://archive.org/details/fivesonnets00broouoft/page/n3
Length -- 06:34
Hi Maria,

I think we already have this one in Section 1: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/33902/33902-h/33902-h.htm

Would you like to do another?
Mary

“Fill your house with stacks of books, in all the crannies and all the nooks.” – Dr. Seuss

Marsupial's Books

Post Reply