[OPEN] Short Ghost and Horror Story Collection Vol. 035 -rap

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
sadclown
Posts: 1119
Joined: June 12th, 2006, 8:28 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by sadclown » September 17th, 2019, 7:10 pm

ryfink wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 11:37 am
Ghost of Dr. Harris by Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804 - 1864)

Duration: 15:06

Link to full text: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015080471876&view=1up&seq=3
Link to audio: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_ghostofdrharris_hawthorne_rf_128kb.mp3

I ended up reading off of the text that I said was a bit difficult to read (it was in a small window). I did this because I couldn't find it on Gutenberg or any of the other main public domain sources.

Please let me know if my recording is sufficient.

Thanks! :thumbs:
Great reading! But there is a missing phrase at 14:36.

Missing: It is too late now; his grave has been grass-grown this many and many a year; and I hope he has found rest in it without any aid from me.
Jennifer

TonyPS214
Posts: 49
Joined: July 14th, 2011, 6:41 am
Location: Forest Hills, New York, USA
Contact:

Post by TonyPS214 » September 18th, 2019, 3:20 pm

Hi!

I'd like to post three stories for the collection:

• link to the text source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/41/41-h/41-h.htm
• author: WASHINGTON IRVING
• title: THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW
• duration (runtime): 01:12:19
• upload link: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_legendsleepyhollow_irving_ts_128kb.mp3

• link to the text source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2148/2148-h/2148-h.htm#link2H_4_0006
• author: EDGAR ALLAN POE
• title: THE BLACK CAT
• duration (runtime): 24:54
• upload link: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_blackcat_poe_ts_128kb.mp3

• link to the text source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1289/1289-h/1289-h.htm#page312
• author: CHARLES DICKENS
• title: THE SIGNAL-MAN
• duration (runtime): 30:18
• upload link: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_Signal-Man_Dickens_ts_128kb.mp3

Enjoy!
Tony Scheinman
The Voice with "Character(s)"
web site: http://TonyScheinman.voice123.com

sadclown
Posts: 1119
Joined: June 12th, 2006, 8:28 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by sadclown » September 18th, 2019, 7:56 pm

maxgal wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 6:41 pm
Here is my first one for this collection:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_manoverboard_churchill_ljb_128kb.mp3
Text: https://archive.org/details/1898manoverboardchurchhill
Author: Winston Spencer Churchill (yes, the Brit pol)
Title: "Man Overboard!" (yes, the title includes the exclamation point)
Duration: 8:51
...LJB :mrgreen:
Ooh, what a story! Great job, just one phrase missing at:
1:10 Phrase Missing: There was a concert on board.
Jennifer

maxgal
Posts: 241
Joined: June 8th, 2019, 10:24 am

Post by maxgal » September 19th, 2019, 8:03 pm

sadclown wrote:
September 18th, 2019, 7:56 pm
maxgal wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 6:41 pm
Here is my first one for this collection:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_manoverboard_churchill_ljb_128kb.mp3
Text: https://archive.org/details/1898manoverboardchurchhill
Author: Winston Spencer Churchill (yes, the Brit pol)
Title: "Man Overboard!" (yes, the title includes the exclamation point)
Duration: 8:51
...LJB :mrgreen:
Ooh, what a story! Great job, just one phrase missing at:
1:10 Phrase Missing: There was a concert on board.
*$!@??!!**
I'll fix it.
Looks like early next week...
...LJB
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7799
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » September 20th, 2019, 4:00 am

TonyPS214 wrote:
September 18th, 2019, 3:20 pm
Hi!

I'd like to post three stories for the collection:

• link to the text source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/41/41-h/41-h.htm
• author: WASHINGTON IRVING
• title: THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW
• duration (runtime): 01:12:19
• upload link: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_legendsleepyhollow_irving_ts_128kb.mp3

• link to the text source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2148/2148-h/2148-h.htm#link2H_4_0006
• author: EDGAR ALLAN POE
• title: THE BLACK CAT
• duration (runtime): 24:54
• upload link: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_blackcat_poe_ts_128kb.mp3

• link to the text source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1289/1289-h/1289-h.htm#page312
• author: CHARLES DICKENS
• title: THE SIGNAL-MAN
• duration (runtime): 30:18
• upload link: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_Signal-Man_Dickens_ts_128kb.mp3

Enjoy!
Ooh Tony! A great selection!
Thank you so much for contributing! I've updated the Magic Window, ready for proof-listening.

And thank you for proof-listening, Jennifer!

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7799
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » September 26th, 2019, 11:05 am

TonyPS214 wrote:
September 18th, 2019, 3:20 pm
Hi!

I'd like to post three stories for the collection:

• link to the text source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/41/41-h/41-h.htm
• author: WASHINGTON IRVING
• title: THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW
• duration (runtime): 01:12:19
• upload link: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_legendsleepyhollow_irving_ts_128kb.mp3

• link to the text source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2148/2148-h/2148-h.htm#link2H_4_0006
• author: EDGAR ALLAN POE
• title: THE BLACK CAT
• duration (runtime): 24:54
• upload link: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_blackcat_poe_ts_128kb.mp3

• link to the text source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1289/1289-h/1289-h.htm#page312
• author: CHARLES DICKENS
• title: THE SIGNAL-MAN
• duration (runtime): 30:18
• upload link: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_Signal-Man_Dickens_ts_128kb.mp3

Enjoy!
And I've enjoyed those very much! Marked PL OK in the Magic Window

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7799
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » September 26th, 2019, 11:07 am

rafeball wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 7:38 am
Hi Rapunzelina,

Here's my submission for this collection:

Text: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=njp.32101064787649&view=1up&seq=9
Author: E.F. Benson
Title: And The Dead Spake
Runtime: 50:11
Recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_deadspake_benson_rb_128kb.mp3

Many thanks!
Hi Rafe! Thank you again for your contribution, this has now been proof-listened, thoroughly enjoyed and marked PL OK in the Magic Window!

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7799
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » September 26th, 2019, 11:11 am

brockprice wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 9:33 am
Another recording for the collection.
  • Author: Jacques Futrelle
  • Title: Problem of the Crystal Gazer
  • Runtime: 36:28
Thanks!
Thank you! Very enjoyable reading and story! Now marked PL OK in the Magic Window :thumbs:

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7799
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » September 26th, 2019, 11:15 am

JudasEscargot wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 12:33 am
Hey Repunzelina,

I uploaded a recording of Dagon by Lovecraft, at a length of 12:34.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_dagon_lovecraft_gm_128kb.mp3

I hope it's up to snuff. Had fun making it.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Graham
By the way, I had a listen, since I was on a proof-listening spree. Your recording is PL OK! I only had to re-export to get it to 128 kbps, because it showed as 108kb (you can check your settings next time you export, that you have "128" and "constant" selected). So now it's completely ready for the next collection :D

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7799
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » September 26th, 2019, 11:17 am

FlamboyantOtter wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 7:53 am
Hello, I did a recording of Ex Oblivione, by H.P Lovecraft.
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_exoblivione_lovecraft_fo_128kb.mp3
Text URL: http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/exoblivion.htm
Duration: 4:43
All perfect! Marked PL OK in the Magic Window! :thumbs: Thank you!

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7799
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » September 26th, 2019, 11:18 am

Ansam wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 11:23 am
Hi Rapunzelina, Here is the http for "The Perfect Game":https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_the_perfect_game_gkchesterton_as_128kb.mp3

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/8092/8092-h/8092-h.htm
G.K. Chesterton
From: “Tremendous Trifles”; IV “The Perfect Game”
9.55 minutes run-time

I hope I have ticked all the boxes (so to speak), but I'm sure you will let meknow if anything is amiss.
Andy
That was a funny and spooky story! Now marked PL OK in the Magic Window! :thumbs:

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7799
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » September 26th, 2019, 11:20 am

This is now marked PL OK in the Magic Window! :thumbs: I would like to know what else happened next in the story!!

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7799
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » September 26th, 2019, 11:22 am

maxgal wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 6:32 pm
Here is my next one:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_lotno249partone_doyle_ljb_128kb.mp3
Text: https://archive.org/details/1892lotno249doyleharpersmagsept
Author: A. Conan Doyle
Title: "Part One of 'Lot No. 249' "
Duration: 51:35

N.B.: This is not officially "Part One" -- but since the story is a long one, this first part is a bit more than half of the story; it "ends" on p.535, top of column 2, with the words "in the future." ... so I guess I have a slot reserved for Part Two, which I hope to post in the next week or so.

N.B. also: The author is (not-yet-Sir) Arthur Conan Doyle; the name "A. Conan Doyle" is how it is listed in the magazine, both in the table of contents and at the beginning of the story.

...and... since this is my first one with a lot of voices (it could have been a DR!), any constructive criticism about the voices is appreciated. :D

Thank you...LJB
Part 1 is PL OK! Now I'm looking forward to Part 2!!

I liked what you did with the voices, I find it quite discreet and natural to my ears :thumbs:

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7799
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » September 26th, 2019, 11:25 am

christinabui wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 10:27 pm
Hello!

Here's a submission of my reading of "Over an Absinthe Bottle".

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_overanabsinthebottle_morrow_cb_128kb.mp3

Text Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/21616/21616-h/21616-h.htm
Author: W. C. Morrow
Title: Over an Absinthe Bottle
File Duration: 24:48

Cheers,

- CB
Thank you again for this contribution! I enjoyed your reading voice very much!
I only noticed one missed edit, around 2:46 "Kimberlin saw something ..." Everything else is perfect!

maxgal
Posts: 241
Joined: June 8th, 2019, 10:24 am

Post by maxgal » September 26th, 2019, 7:20 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 11:22 am
maxgal wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 6:32 pm
Here is my next one:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_lotno249partone_doyle_ljb_128kb.mp3
Text: https://archive.org/details/1892lotno249doyleharpersmagsept
Author: A. Conan Doyle
Title: "Part One of 'Lot No. 249' "
Duration: 51:35

N.B.: This is not officially "Part One" -- but since the story is a long one, this first part is a bit more than half of the story; it "ends" on p.535, top of column 2, with the words "in the future." ... so I guess I have a slot reserved for Part Two, which I hope to post in the next week or so.

N.B. also: The author is (not-yet-Sir) Arthur Conan Doyle; the name "A. Conan Doyle" is how it is listed in the magazine, both in the table of contents and at the beginning of the story.

...and... since this is my first one with a lot of voices (it could have been a DR!), any constructive criticism about the voices is appreciated. :D

Thank you...LJB
Part 1 is PL OK! Now I'm looking forward to Part 2!!

I liked what you did with the voices, I find it quite discreet and natural to my ears :thumbs:
O good. :mrgreen:
I wasn't sure about all the guys' voices.
I will try to get Part 2 done within a week or two.
Thank you...LJB 8-)
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Post Reply