[OPEN] Short Ghost and Horror Story Collection Vol. 035 -rap

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
brockprice
Posts: 10
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 5:12 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by brockprice » August 27th, 2019, 9:33 am

Another recording for the collection.
  • Author: Jacques Futrelle
  • Title: Problem of the Crystal Gazer
  • Runtime: 36:28
Thanks!

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » August 27th, 2019, 10:02 am

Thank you, Brock! Magic Window is updated :thumbs:

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » August 27th, 2019, 10:26 am

selimjamil wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 8:20 pm
I have some skipping challenges in the 2ish, 5ish and 12 minute mark that I'm not sure how to correct. Thanks for your help and kind feedback!

Selim
Hi Selim! I listened to the recording, the reading is captivating! I noticed the skipping you mentioned, I don't see a way to correct that without re-recording, but I think the words are still understandable (or guessable :mrgreen: ). With re-recording there's the risk of the newly recorded words sounding completely different from the main recording so it might not be worth it.
Regarding how that is created, since it's at the beginning of sentences, I would guess it's when you pause/stop and then start recording again?

JudasEscargot
Posts: 4
Joined: August 19th, 2019, 11:25 am

Post by JudasEscargot » August 27th, 2019, 12:03 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 3:08 am
JudasEscargot wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 12:33 am
Hey Repunzelina,

I uploaded a recording of Dagon by Lovecraft, at a length of 12:34.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_dagon_lovecraft_gm_128kb.mp3

I hope it's up to snuff. Had fun making it.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Graham
What a coincidence! Selim above just posted this story, too! I will keep your rendition for the next collection; I hope that's OK!
Lovecraft is really popular with these collections :D
Welcome to Librivox, Graham! I'm glad you're having fun! :clap:
No problem. I saw his recordings a few hours after I finished mine. He did a great job. I may record another story for this collection if it isn't filled.

selimjamil
Posts: 7
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 8:21 pm

Post by selimjamil » August 27th, 2019, 6:52 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 10:26 am
selimjamil wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 8:20 pm
I have some skipping challenges in the 2ish, 5ish and 12 minute mark that I'm not sure how to correct. Thanks for your help and kind feedback!

Selim
Hi Selim! I listened to the recording, the reading is captivating! I noticed the skipping you mentioned, I don't see a way to correct that without re-recording, but I think the words are still understandable (or guessable :mrgreen: ). With re-recording there's the risk of the newly recorded words sounding completely different from the main recording so it might not be worth it.
Regarding how that is created, since it's at the beginning of sentences, I would guess it's when you pause/stop and then start recording again?
Hey

Thank you for the kind feedback! I sincerely appreciate it. I see what you mean. Most likely the issue was that I pressed record but didn't leave a bit of quiet space to continue my recording.
I will take your expertise on this - if you think it isn't worth it for now I will ask that you keep this recording. Thank you again.

Selim

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » August 28th, 2019, 12:26 am

Hi Selim! If you feel like it, you can try re-recording those phrases, where skipping occurs. If nothing else, it will be good practice editing :mrgreen: Maybe the result will be fine. But if it sounds different, it would be more distracting than the current skip. So I'll go ahead and mark your section PL OK in the magic window, but feel free to upload an edited recording if you decide to :thumbs:

AlejandraCapSi
Posts: 19
Joined: July 15th, 2019, 3:19 pm
Location: Guatemala

Post by AlejandraCapSi » August 29th, 2019, 3:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I'd like to record something by H.P. Lovecraft, but i don't know what's already been recorded. Is there a way to find out?

I'm sorry, I'm pretty new and i still don't know a lot of things.

Cheers
Alejandra

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » August 29th, 2019, 11:12 pm

Hello, Alejandra! Welcome here. Everything in the public domain by Lovecraft has already been recorded, multiple times. :D
So don't worry if you'd like to record something by Lovecraft, you can offer more choice of voice!

To answer your question, I think the easiest way to find if something is already recorded is by searching for it on the homepage librivox.org
And then you can also see what's being recorded in the current collection by checking the Magic Window in the first post.

EliHinze
Posts: 6
Joined: August 28th, 2019, 12:10 pm

Post by EliHinze » September 3rd, 2019, 12:42 pm

Hello! I would like to contribute a recording of The Empty House by Algernon Blackwood.

The text can be found here: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/14471/14471-h/14471-h.htm

Let me know if this is alright, and then I'll get cracking!

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » September 3rd, 2019, 12:50 pm

EliHinze wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 12:42 pm
Hello! I would like to contribute a recording of The Empty House by Algernon Blackwood.

The text can be found here: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/14471/14471-h/14471-h.htm

Let me know if this is alright, and then I'll get cracking!
Hey Eli! Yes, the story is alright for librivox. Enjoy recording!

sadclown
Posts: 1117
Joined: June 12th, 2006, 8:28 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by sadclown » September 3rd, 2019, 2:33 pm

Oh my, I have some listening to catch up on! PL OK!
brockprice wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 2:26 am
I'm happy to have another recording to share.
  • Author: Jacques Futrelle
  • Title: Problem of the Stolen Bank Notes
  • Runtime: 37:43
Thanks!
Jennifer

sadclown
Posts: 1117
Joined: June 12th, 2006, 8:28 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by sadclown » September 3rd, 2019, 3:02 pm

PL OK!
brockprice wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 5:00 am
Another story for PL'ing! Another case for The Thinking Machine!
  • Author: Jacques Futrelle
  • Title: The First Problem
  • Runtime: 27:42
Thanks!
Jennifer

rafeball
Posts: 33
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 8:47 am

Post by rafeball » September 4th, 2019, 7:38 am

Hi Rapunzelina,

Here's my submission for this collection:

Text: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=njp.32101064787649&view=1up&seq=9
Author: E.F. Benson
Title: And The Dead Spake
Runtime: 50:11
Recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_deadspake_benson_rb_128kb.mp3

Many thanks!

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » September 4th, 2019, 11:09 am

Thank you for your contribution, Rafe! :D MW updated.

And thank you so much for proof-listening, Jennifer!

EliHinze
Posts: 6
Joined: August 28th, 2019, 12:10 pm

Post by EliHinze » September 6th, 2019, 10:00 am

Rapunzelina wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 12:50 pm
EliHinze wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 12:42 pm
Hello! I would like to contribute a recording of The Empty House by Algernon Blackwood.

The text can be found here: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/14471/14471-h/14471-h.htm

Let me know if this is alright, and then I'll get cracking!
Hey Eli! Yes, the story is alright for librivox. Enjoy recording!
Awesome. Thank you! :D

Post Reply