[OPEN] Short Ghost and Horror Story Collection Vol. 035 -rap

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Honnha
Posts: 22
Joined: November 12th, 2016, 1:39 am
Location: Iowa

Post by Honnha » August 23rd, 2019, 2:58 pm

Hello, me again...

I have the raw recording for "Why Dr. Cray Left Southham" and have realized it will be too long for this project. :( It's clocking at about 45 minutes. I looked through the beginning notes (glanced through, actually) and didn't find a run time parameter but - well, I think even with editing it will only get down to about 40 minutes.

I'll look for another, shorter work and post when I find one.

Sorry
"Give me your scars, your blemishes, your beauty marks and bruises.
I am allergic to perfection and
plastic makes me leery."

selimjamil
Posts: 7
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 8:21 pm

Post by selimjamil » August 23rd, 2019, 7:14 pm

Hi Rapunzelina

This is my first short story reading. I have no background in this and I thought it would be a fun way to learn. I submitted a recording but I know there are problems with skipping. I assume that there are problems with plosives and breathing also. I'm honestly a little self conscious about how I sound (working through that) so I would love your honest and brutal feedback if you can give that.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/dagon_v2.mp3

Also... after I have submitted this on librivox would I be free to upload my recordings to youtube? I thought it might be fun (this is a bigger project) to take my recordings and add some public domain music and art to them.

Thanks for your time and all your effort!

Selim

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » August 24th, 2019, 2:18 am

Ansam wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 11:23 am
Hi Rapunzelina, Here is the http for "The Perfect Game":https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_the_perfect_game_gkchesterton_as_128kb.mp3

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/8092/8092-h/8092-h.htm
G.K. Chesterton
From: “Tremendous Trifles”; IV “The Perfect Game”
9.55 minutes run-time

I hope I have ticked all the boxes (so to speak), but I'm sure you will let meknow if anything is amiss.
Andy
Thank you, Andy! I'll enter it in the Magic Window, ready for PL!

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » August 24th, 2019, 2:24 am

Honnha wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 2:58 pm
Hello, me again...

I have the raw recording for "Why Dr. Cray Left Southham" and have realized it will be too long for this project. :( It's clocking at about 45 minutes. I looked through the beginning notes (glanced through, actually) and didn't find a run time parameter but - well, I think even with editing it will only get down to about 40 minutes.

I'll look for another, shorter work and post when I find one.

Sorry
That's fine! In the beginning notes 60 minutes is suggested as a duration limit, but practically up to 74 minutes can be accepted (a music cd duration). :thumbs:

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » August 24th, 2019, 5:11 am

selimjamil wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 7:14 pm
Hi Rapunzelina

This is my first short story reading. I have no background in this and I thought it would be a fun way to learn. I submitted a recording but I know there are problems with skipping. I assume that there are problems with plosives and breathing also. I'm honestly a little self conscious about how I sound (working through that) so I would love your honest and brutal feedback if you can give that.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/dagon_v2.mp3

Also... after I have submitted this on librivox would I be free to upload my recordings to youtube? I thought it might be fun (this is a bigger project) to take my recordings and add some public domain music and art to them.

Thanks for your time and all your effort!

Selim
Hello, Selim! Welcome to Librivox and the Ghost and Horror collection!
This is actually quite fine a recording! :thumbs: I listened to some spots here and there and it sounds very well read! I liked your fluctuation that made the story more intense.
If it's ready to be added in the collection, could you post as per the first post's guidelines, for file name, duration, source, etc. Then it will be formally proof-listened.

FlamboyantOtter
Posts: 36
Joined: March 15th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Post by FlamboyantOtter » August 24th, 2019, 7:53 am


selimjamil
Posts: 7
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 8:21 pm

Post by selimjamil » August 24th, 2019, 8:20 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 5:11 am
selimjamil wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 7:14 pm
Hi Rapunzelina

This is my first short story reading. I have no background in this and I thought it would be a fun way to learn. I submitted a recording but I know there are problems with skipping. I assume that there are problems with plosives and breathing also. I'm honestly a little self conscious about how I sound (working through that) so I would love your honest and brutal feedback if you can give that.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/dagon_v2.mp3

Also... after I have submitted this on librivox would I be free to upload my recordings to youtube? I thought it might be fun (this is a bigger project) to take my recordings and add some public domain music and art to them.

Thanks for your time and all your effort!

Selim
Hello, Selim! Welcome to Librivox and the Ghost and Horror collection!
This is actually quite fine a recording! :thumbs: I listened to some spots here and there and it sounds very well read! I liked your fluctuation that made the story more intense.
If it's ready to be added in the collection, could you post as per the first post's guidelines, for file name, duration, source, etc. Then it will be formally proof-listened.
Hey Rapunzelina

I think I have successfully saved the MP3 in the desired format.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_dagon_hplovecraft_sj_128kb.mp3

I have some skipping challenges in the 2ish, 5ish and 12 minute mark that I'm not sure how to correct. Thanks for your help and kind feedback!

Selim

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » August 25th, 2019, 1:09 pm

Thank you, Selim! I will enter it into the Magic Window for proof-listening! Could you also give me the duration, and which text source you used, please?

selimjamil
Posts: 7
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 8:21 pm

Post by selimjamil » August 25th, 2019, 6:15 pm

Sorry

Still learning....

source: http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/d.aspx
Length: 13 min 16 seconds

Honnha
Posts: 22
Joined: November 12th, 2016, 1:39 am
Location: Iowa

Post by Honnha » August 26th, 2019, 1:22 am

Rapunzelina wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 2:24 am

That's fine! In the beginning notes 60 minutes is suggested as a duration limit, but practically up to 74 minutes can be accepted (a music cd duration). :thumbs:
Oh, okay. I didn't even see that. Guess that's what I get for 'skimming'. Well, then I'll tidy this one up and upload it as soon as it's done.

Thanks.
"Give me your scars, your blemishes, your beauty marks and bruises.
I am allergic to perfection and
plastic makes me leery."

selimjamil
Posts: 7
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 8:21 pm

Post by selimjamil » August 26th, 2019, 7:29 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 1:09 pm
Thank you, Selim! I will enter it into the Magic Window for proof-listening! Could you also give me the duration, and which text source you used, please?
Hey Again

I watched some videos on how to clean up my recording and I think I have slightly improved my recording. Can I submit a new version? The skipping I mentioned is still an issue and I am not sure how to address that but I guess that maybe in the Proofing someone can help out?

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_dagon_hplovecraft_sj_128kb.mp3


• link to the text source: http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/d.aspx
• author name: HP Lovecraft
• title of the story: Dagon
• duration (runtime) of the file: 13 minutes 16 seconds
• if this is your first recording: how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalogue: Selim Jamil

JudasEscargot
Posts: 4
Joined: August 19th, 2019, 11:25 am

Post by JudasEscargot » August 27th, 2019, 12:33 am

Hey Repunzelina,

I uploaded a recording of Dagon by Lovecraft, at a length of 12:34.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_dagon_lovecraft_gm_128kb.mp3

I hope it's up to snuff. Had fun making it.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Graham

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » August 27th, 2019, 3:03 am

FlamboyantOtter wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 7:53 am
Hello, I did a recording of Ex Oblivione, by H.P Lovecraft.
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_exoblivione_lovecraft_fo_128kb.mp3
Text URL: http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/exoblivion.htm
Duration: 4:43
Thank you, Flamboyant! I've updated the MW :thumbs:

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » August 27th, 2019, 3:05 am

selimjamil wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 7:29 pm
Rapunzelina wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 1:09 pm
Thank you, Selim! I will enter it into the Magic Window for proof-listening! Could you also give me the duration, and which text source you used, please?
Hey Again

I watched some videos on how to clean up my recording and I think I have slightly improved my recording. Can I submit a new version? The skipping I mentioned is still an issue and I am not sure how to address that but I guess that maybe in the Proofing someone can help out?

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_dagon_hplovecraft_sj_128kb.mp3


• link to the text source: http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/d.aspx
• author name: HP Lovecraft
• title of the story: Dagon
• duration (runtime) of the file: 13 minutes 16 seconds
• if this is your first recording: how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalogue: Selim Jamil
Thank you! We'll see what we can do in the proofing.

And here's your Reader Page! https://librivox.org/reader/13566
It lists all projects you've read for, so it might look a bit empty now, but I hope you enjoy recording and it fills up soon! :D

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » August 27th, 2019, 3:08 am

JudasEscargot wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 12:33 am
Hey Repunzelina,

I uploaded a recording of Dagon by Lovecraft, at a length of 12:34.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ghohor035_dagon_lovecraft_gm_128kb.mp3

I hope it's up to snuff. Had fun making it.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Graham
What a coincidence! Selim above just posted this story, too! I will keep your rendition for the next collection; I hope that's OK!
Lovecraft is really popular with these collections :D
Welcome to Librivox, Graham! I'm glad you're having fun! :clap:

Post Reply