[POETRY] The Book of Irish Poetry, Part I ed. by Alfred Perceval Graves - kiki

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
ellies
Posts: 618
Joined: April 13th, 2018, 11:12 pm
Location: UK

Post by ellies » August 1st, 2019, 4:31 am

Hi, section 43 is now ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/irishpoetrypart1_043_graves_128kb.mp3 02:23


thanks


ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Ellies
Happy to claim orphaned sections.

ellies
Posts: 618
Joined: April 13th, 2018, 11:12 pm
Location: UK

Post by ellies » August 1st, 2019, 5:17 am

"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Ellies
Happy to claim orphaned sections.

ellies
Posts: 618
Joined: April 13th, 2018, 11:12 pm
Location: UK

Post by ellies » August 1st, 2019, 8:34 am

"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Ellies
Happy to claim orphaned sections.

pattymarie
Posts: 1669
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » August 1st, 2019, 9:55 am

The readings of sections 43, 44 and 45 are PL OK, t 43 has only about an eighth of a second of silence at the beginning which makes the beginning of the intro sound breathlessly rushed and a bit hard to understand. It could use the lengthening of that silence to at least half a second. Thank you, Elaine.
Pattymarie

ellies
Posts: 618
Joined: April 13th, 2018, 11:12 pm
Location: UK

Post by ellies » August 2nd, 2019, 5:00 am

pattymarie wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 9:55 am
The readings of sections 43, 44 and 45 are PL OK, t 43 has only about an eighth of a second of silence at the beginning which makes the beginning of the intro sound breathlessly rushed and a bit hard to understand. It could use the lengthening of that silence to at least half a second. Thank you, Elaine.

thanks for checking!

hopefully this will be better

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/irishpoetrypart1_043_graves_128kb.mp3

Elaine
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Ellies
Happy to claim orphaned sections.

Jenjened
Posts: 6
Joined: June 20th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Post by Jenjened » August 2nd, 2019, 11:47 am


pattymarie
Posts: 1669
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » August 2nd, 2019, 4:56 pm

Jenjened wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:47 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/new_librivox_test.mp3
Here is my 1 minute test.
I'm not qualified to pronounce on the test. Maybe Elsie is. Did you also post it in Listeners and Editors Wanted in the Forum as the wiki instructs us to?
Pattymarie

elsieselwyn
Posts: 1547
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by elsieselwyn » August 2nd, 2019, 4:59 pm

pattymarie wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 4:56 pm
Jenjened wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:47 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/new_librivox_test.mp3
Here is my 1 minute test.
I'm not qualified to pronounce on the test. Maybe Elsie is. Did you also post it in Listeners and Editors Wanted in the Forum as the wiki instructs us to?
I’ll look at it in a sec :)

Horner94
Posts: 604
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Northern Ireland
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » August 2nd, 2019, 5:54 pm

Hello!
Here is my audio recording for Section 152 ready for PLing: https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/irishpoetrypart1_152_graves_128kb.mp3
Time: 02:33
Kind regards,
Chad

elsieselwyn
Posts: 1547
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by elsieselwyn » August 2nd, 2019, 5:59 pm

Horner94 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 5:54 pm
Hello!
Here is my audio recording for Section 152 ready for PLing: https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/irishpoetrypart1_152_graves_128kb.mp3
Time: 02:33
Kind regards,
Chad
Thanks Chad!

BJohnson97
Posts: 5
Joined: January 26th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Post by BJohnson97 » August 3rd, 2019, 7:52 am

I would like to claim section 74. This is my first recording and I would like to be in the catalogue as Blake Johnson

pattymarie
Posts: 1669
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » August 3rd, 2019, 2:16 pm

Section 152: The reading is fine, but the file passed checker with warning that it's slightly over the desired 86-92 db range. Some slight negative amplification to bring it down to no more than 92 would improve it. It's a good idea to make it part of the recording routine to run the files through Checker before uploading. Here is the wiki page for Checker https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker :)
Pattymarie

BJohnson97
Posts: 5
Joined: January 26th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Post by BJohnson97 » August 3rd, 2019, 5:49 pm

Hello! I'm trying to upload a recording to the uploader but it keeps telling me the type of file I'm loading isn't allowed. I've tried both a .mp3 and .flac.

ellies
Posts: 618
Joined: April 13th, 2018, 11:12 pm
Location: UK

Post by ellies » August 3rd, 2019, 11:50 pm

"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Ellies
Happy to claim orphaned sections.

locturne
Posts: 10
Joined: July 28th, 2019, 7:01 am

Post by locturne » August 7th, 2019, 3:21 am

Hello!

Sorry for the late reply. I completed my 1-minute test :D

Here is section 075: https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/irishpoetrypart1_075_graves_128kb.mp3

1:19

And section 076: https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/irishpoetrypart1_076_graves_128kb.mp3

0:48

I'd like to be credited as locturne.

Thanks :D

Post Reply