COMPLETE [POETRY]A Spring Harvest, G.B. Smith - kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yay, thank you! I'll begin filling it in. I think I'll go ahead and leave each poem in its own section for now, unless someone convinces me otherwise. Some sections will be very short, but I'm not sure in what way to combine them. Should I allow a shortened form of the disclaimer for the short ones?
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

I also think there is no better way as to leave each poem be in its own section. The short intro can be used for shorter poems, for sure.
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

All right, I assigned myself a couple more, and filled in the section titles. I'll also go through and decide which sections should have the full disclaimer, and which the shortened one. That'll take a little longer, though, and I need to start getting ready for work now.

Kevin, take a look at the MW and tell me which poems you'd like to start with. I'd rather not assign you all of Part 3 just now, but maybe start with 5 or 6, and when you finish those, you can take some more. Sound ok?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Also, Kristine, I know that there are certain characters that the MW doesn't like (or maybe it's the catalogue that doesn't like them?), including quotation marks. So I've replaced the quotation marks with double apostrophes. There are a couple of other strange characters in the poem titles. Specifically, ü and Æ. Are those ok, or should I replace them with more standard characters?
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

Hello. May I claim sections 15 and 17 from Part 2?
~ Stefan V.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

mightyfelix wrote: June 15th, 2019, 12:07 pm There are a couple of other strange characters in the poem titles. Specifically, ü and Æ. Are those ok, or should I replace them with more standard characters?
For now just leave them as they are, please. I will be careful with them when we will get to the cataloging process.
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: June 15th, 2019, 12:02 pm All right, I assigned myself a couple more, and filled in the section titles. I'll also go through and decide which sections should have the full disclaimer, and which the shortened one. That'll take a little longer, though, and I need to start getting ready for work now.

Kevin, take a look at the MW and tell me which poems you'd like to start with. I'd rather not assign you all of Part 3 just now, but maybe start with 5 or 6, and when you finish those, you can take some more. Sound ok?
Hahah! I've already recorded them. (It was fun!) May I take 27 - 31?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

KevinS wrote: June 15th, 2019, 1:07 pm Hahah! I've already recorded them. (It was fun!) May I take 27 - 31?
Oh, ok! You mean you've already recorded 27-31? If so, then of course I'll assign them to you! Or did you record something else that I missed, and you want 27-31 as well? I'm a little confused.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

svonb002 wrote: June 15th, 2019, 12:50 pm Hello. May I claim sections 15 and 17 from Part 2?
Certainly! I can't edit the MW right now, as I'm away from home. The earliest I can get to it is late tonight or some time tomorrow. But 15 and 17 are yours!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: June 15th, 2019, 2:29 pm
KevinS wrote: June 15th, 2019, 1:07 pm Hahah! I've already recorded them. (It was fun!) May I take 27 - 31?
Oh, ok! You mean you've already recorded 27-31? If so, then of course I'll assign them to you! Or did you record something else that I missed, and you want 27-31 as well? I'm a little confused.
No, I recorded all of Part 3, except what you claimed.

I'll just prepare 27 - 31 for upload. The others will stay in my pocket should volunteers not appear.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh! I see I've underestimated you. :wink: In that case, part 3 is yours, minus the few that are signed to me already. I'll update the MW tonight or tomorrow.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

This one I had all done, with the longer intro. Before uploading anymore, I'll wait to see what you specify about long or short introductions. This one can be changed, of course.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

May I read the following? 2,3,13,25,39
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

silverquill wrote: June 15th, 2019, 8:24 pm May I read the following? 2,3,13,25,39
You may have all of these except for 39! :) I haven't been able to update the MW in the last 10 hours or so, and quite a lot has happened in that time! Kevin has all of the poems in Part 3. I may not get a chance to put in claims until tomorrow. It's late now, and I'm still not home yet. (Pet-sitting this weekend.) Thanks for understanding!