[Short Stories] The Stolen Bacillus by HG Wells-ans

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
silverquill
Posts: 10321
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 18th, 2019, 4:29 pm

Bill Mosley wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 9:28 pm
Howdy from Texas!

Sorry I went dark there for a little while, but I'm back in the saddle!

Here's

3 In the Avu Observatory 2,700 words claimed Jun 13

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/stolenbacillus_03_wells_128kb.mp3

18:32
Good to hear you again, Bill. :)
The only comment I have is that there is some sort of bass rumble underneath your voice. It is not there in the spaces, just when you speak, so I'm not sure what it is. I'll still mark it PL OK, but you might take a close listen to it with your headphones and see if you hear it too.

Thanks, Bill. :)

Elizabby
Posts: 8843
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » August 18th, 2019, 4:53 pm

Sounds like some kind of noise cleaning artefact to me. Not sure what to do about it though - my usual solution is just to record in a quiet area and use less noise cleaning. I can’t record when it’s raining because of the noise on the roof!

Elizabby
Posts: 8843
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » August 18th, 2019, 4:55 pm

Also, Section 15 is orphaned.

Bill Mosley
Posts: 874
Joined: December 7th, 2009, 1:20 pm
Location: Llano, Texas, USA

Post by Bill Mosley » August 18th, 2019, 10:05 pm

Elizabby wrote:
August 18th, 2019, 4:55 pm
Also, Section 15 is orphaned.
I`ll do 15. Any story that starts with a canoe can't be all bad....
Bill

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss

Bill Mosley
Posts: 874
Joined: December 7th, 2009, 1:20 pm
Location: Llano, Texas, USA

Post by Bill Mosley » August 18th, 2019, 10:07 pm

Elizabby wrote:
August 18th, 2019, 4:53 pm
Sounds like some kind of noise cleaning artefact to me. Not sure what to do about it though - my usual solution is just to record in a quiet area and use less noise cleaning. I can’t record when it’s raining because of the noise on the roof!
Might be the fan. Been hotter'n blazes in Texas lately.....
Bill

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss

Elizabby
Posts: 8843
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » August 18th, 2019, 10:40 pm

Bill Mosley wrote:
August 18th, 2019, 10:05 pm
Elizabby wrote:
August 18th, 2019, 4:55 pm
Also, Section 15 is orphaned.
I`ll do 15. Any story that starts with a canoe can't be all bad....
You got it!

Elizabby
Posts: 8843
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » September 4th, 2019, 7:58 pm

Chapter 13, the Hammerpond Burglary, is ready for PL, thanks Larry.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/stolenbacillus_13_wells_128kb.mp3 (14:58)

silverquill
Posts: 10321
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 7th, 2019, 7:08 pm

Elizabby wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 7:58 pm
Chapter 13, the Hammerpond Burglary, is ready for PL, thanks Larry.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/stolenbacillus_13_wells_128kb.mp3 (14:58)
Very happy to mark this one PL OK! :)

Post Reply