[COMPLETE] Insomnia Collection Volume 4 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42662
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » August 18th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Got it -thanks!
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42662
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » August 19th, 2019, 7:39 am

Every Man His Own University - PL OK

Volume is high (94.7 dB). You will want to watch this on future recordings. If you're using Audacity, go to View / Show Clipping and make sure it's checked. That will warn you when your wave forms hit maximum (are clipping) which is a good indication that your volume is too loud. ;)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

Horner94
Posts: 632
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » August 19th, 2019, 9:23 am

Hello!
Thanks for the feedback.
I wanted to contribute one more recording to this collection (I am aware of your PM), so after this one, I will focus on those remaining recordings that yet need to be completed. Thanks for the update on this :D
Author: Alfred Denis Godley (1856–1925).
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/39525/39525-h/39525-h.html#ii-of-undergraduates
Audio recording ready for PLing: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/ins004_ofundergraduates_godley_128kb.mp3 Time: 19:23
I tried using clipping this time, hope the volume is better now.
Kindest regards,
Chad

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42662
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » August 19th, 2019, 10:09 am

Only 19 minutes? I'm sorry - it's too short for this collection. This one is for recordings of at least 30 minutes, so that people have time to fall asleep. ;)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

Horner94
Posts: 632
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » August 19th, 2019, 1:48 pm

TriciaG wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:09 am
Only 19 minutes? I'm sorry - it's too short for this collection. This one is for recordings of at least 30 minutes, so that people have time to fall asleep. ;)
Thanks for the reminder! I added more to this recording by adding Chapter VIII (8) (see link below ready for PLing):
Tile: Aspects of Modern Oxford
Author: Alfred Dennis Godley
URL to text: (included in above comment).
Audio recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/ins004_aspectsofmodernoxford_godley_128kb.mp3 Time: 35:20
Kind regards,
Chad

plaidsicle
Posts: 821
Joined: December 17th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Post by plaidsicle » August 19th, 2019, 2:47 pm

I've been hoping I'd have time to record something for this and I think I've finally found a spare hour this evening. I'll probably do something from the suggested New England Historical & Genealogical Register, Vol. 1, No. 3
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42662
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » August 19th, 2019, 4:04 pm

Horner94 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 1:48 pm
TriciaG wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:09 am
Only 19 minutes? I'm sorry - it's too short for this collection. This one is for recordings of at least 30 minutes, so that people have time to fall asleep. ;)
Thanks for the reminder! I added more to this recording by adding Chapter VIII (8) (see link below ready for PLing):
Tile: Aspects of Modern Oxford
Author: Alfred Dennis Godley
URL to text: (included in above comment).
Audio recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/ins004_aspectsofmodernoxford_godley_128kb.mp3 Time: 35:20
Kind regards,
Chad
Thanks! I should be able to PL tonight or tomorrow.
I've been hoping I'd have time to record something for this and I think I've finally found a spare hour this evening. I'll probably do something from the suggested New England Historical & Genealogical Register, Vol. 1, No. 3
Sounds like a plan!
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42662
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » August 19th, 2019, 4:47 pm

Modern Oxford:

19:29 - repeat: "such as Oxford, such as Oxford life as summarized"
26:20 - loud sniff after "the work of their pupils"
26:22 - skip in the recording: "not that the relation to authorityundergraduates was ever"
31:46 - stumble/repeat: "Perhaps he is made to go in for hars - for honours."

0-19:11 - amplify 2 dB
19:11-end - amplify 6 dB

Accents are funny. It took me about 2/3 of the recording to realize that "chitters" is "tutors". LOL!
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

Horner94
Posts: 632
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » August 19th, 2019, 5:06 pm

TriciaG wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 4:47 pm
Modern Oxford:

19:29 - repeat: "such as Oxford, such as Oxford life as summarized"
26:20 - loud sniff after "the work of their pupils"
26:22 - skip in the recording: "not that the relation to authorityundergraduates was ever"
31:46 - stumble/repeat: "Perhaps he is made to go in for hars - for honours."

0-19:11 - amplify 2 dB
19:11-end - amplify 6 dB

Accents are funny. It took me about 2/3 of the recording to realize that "chitters" is "tutors". LOL!
Thanks for the feedback!
I have tired to amend this recording (see below):
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/ins004_aspectsofmodernoxford_godley_128kb.mp3 Time: 35:16
Kind regards,
Chad

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42662
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » August 19th, 2019, 5:23 pm

Better, thanks! PL OK
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

Pinklady77
Posts: 99
Joined: June 30th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Post by Pinklady77 » August 19th, 2019, 6:37 pm

Hello,

Here is my section. Duration: 49:35

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/004_catechism_Benziger_128kb.mp3

Lola J

plaidsicle
Posts: 821
Joined: December 17th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Post by plaidsicle » August 22nd, 2019, 7:14 am

'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42662
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » August 22nd, 2019, 9:26 am

Can you please get me the author name and book title so I don't have to hunt for them? ;)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

plaidsicle
Posts: 821
Joined: December 17th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Post by plaidsicle » August 22nd, 2019, 11:02 am

yes! sorry about that.

it's lecture 1 from The Meaning of Relativity by Albert Einstein.
"Space and Time in Pre-Relativity Physics"

so many crazy math equations! it was quite a weird thing to read.
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42662
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » August 22nd, 2019, 12:50 pm

Pinklady77 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 6:37 pm
Hello,

Here is my section. Duration: 49:35

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/004_catechism_Benziger_128kb.mp3

Lola J
PL OK. Thanks! 8-)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

Post Reply