Mother Earth, Vol. 1 No. 2, April 1906 by Various - rap

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 10067
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 8th, 2019, 9:09 pm

Very impressive!
Thank you for this dramatic reading.
PL OK

silverquill
Posts: 10067
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 8th, 2019, 9:13 pm

TwoRavens wrote:
April 7th, 2019, 2:09 pm
Here are sections 9 & 10.
Note on Section 9: H.G. Wells is credited as author of the (reprinted) piece at the end rather than the beginning,
so that's the way that I recorded it. Hope that's okay.
I can, of course, correct it, if desired.

Cheers,
Stephen

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/motherearthvol1no2april1906_09_various_128kb.mp3 4:16

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/motherearthvol1no2april1906_10_various_128kb.mp3 7:11
Thank you for excellent and most enjoyable readings!
They are both PL OK.

I'll let our BC decide if the credit needs to moved to the front.

I hope to hear a lot more of your voice :D

bhavya
Posts: 960
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » April 9th, 2019, 2:46 am

No, I think we can leave it as is, because I believe that this is an extract from the novel, and not written specifically for the magazine.

lynne99
Posts: 40
Joined: October 22nd, 2009, 1:20 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by lynne99 » April 9th, 2019, 7:08 am

I would like to record section 8, Marriage and the Home.

bhavya
Posts: 960
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » April 9th, 2019, 7:39 am

Thanks!

TwoRavens
Posts: 91
Joined: February 20th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Post by TwoRavens » April 9th, 2019, 9:44 am

silverquill wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 9:13 pm
TwoRavens wrote:
April 7th, 2019, 2:09 pm
Here are sections 9 & 10.
Note on Section 9: H.G. Wells is credited as author of the (reprinted) piece at the end rather than the beginning,
so that's the way that I recorded it. Hope that's okay.
I can, of course, correct it, if desired.

Cheers,
Stephen

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/motherearthvol1no2april1906_09_various_128kb.mp3 4:16

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/motherearthvol1no2april1906_10_various_128kb.mp3 7:11
Thank you for excellent and most enjoyable readings!
They are both PL OK.

I'll let our BC decide if the credit needs to moved to the front.

I hope to hear a lot more of your voice :D

Thanks for your kind words. I'm really looking forward to hearing all the readings in this project!

MorganLeFay
Posts: 32
Joined: January 17th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Post by MorganLeFay » April 11th, 2019, 5:05 pm

bhavya wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 7:22 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 6:48 am
bhavya wrote:
April 1st, 2019, 7:43 pm

No problem Campbell :)
Thank you so much! I think it's still in the MW though... got a chance to look through, and I can take 11!
Ooops! I assigned you 11 now. Thanks!
I thought I was assigned Chapter 11... Glad I double checked....

Oh well, no hard feelings!

Are there other chapters needing a reader at this time?

West wishes,
Jacqueline

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 1840
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm
Location: California

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 11th, 2019, 6:23 pm

MorganLeFay wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 5:05 pm
I thought I was assigned Chapter 11... Glad I double checked..
Oh no, I am so sorry! I did not see your claim, I just saw in the MW that it was empty. Normally I'd say you could take it, but I've already recorded it :shock:. I apologize thoroughly!
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

bhavya
Posts: 960
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » April 11th, 2019, 7:46 pm

MorganLeFay wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 5:05 pm
bhavya wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 7:22 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 6:48 am


Thank you so much! I think it's still in the MW though... got a chance to look through, and I can take 11!
Ooops! I assigned you 11 now. Thanks!
I thought I was assigned Chapter 11... Glad I double checked....

Oh well, no hard feelings!

Are there other chapters needing a reader at this time?

West wishes,
Jacqueline

I'm so sorry Jacqueline :oops: , that is quite a serious mistake. I must have missed something somewhere :|

I apologise for all the confusion, Campbell and Jacqueline. If you would still like a chapter, the sections 3 and 5 are open.
Last edited by bhavya on April 12th, 2019, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

bhavya
Posts: 960
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » April 12th, 2019, 4:49 am

And I will take on Rita.

MorganLeFay
Posts: 32
Joined: January 17th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Post by MorganLeFay » April 13th, 2019, 4:36 am

bhavya wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 7:46 pm
MorganLeFay wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 5:05 pm
bhavya wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 7:22 am


Ooops! I assigned you 11 now. Thanks!
I thought I was assigned Chapter 11... Glad I double checked....

Oh well, no hard feelings!

Are there other chapters needing a reader at this time?

West wishes,
Jacqueline

I'm so sorry Jacqueline :oops: , that is quite a serious mistake. I must have missed something somewhere :|

I apologise for all the confusion, Campbell and Jacqueline. If you would still like a chapter, the sections 3 and 5 are open.


I would be happy to take Chapt 5!

Many thanks,
Jacqueline

MorganLeFay
Posts: 32
Joined: January 17th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Post by MorganLeFay » April 13th, 2019, 4:41 am

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 6:23 pm
MorganLeFay wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 5:05 pm
I thought I was assigned Chapter 11... Glad I double checked..
Oh no, I am so sorry! I did not see your claim, I just saw in the MW that it was empty. Normally I'd say you could take it, but I've already recorded it :shock:. I apologize thoroughly!
No need to apologize! We are all doing our best as volunteers! And I am very glad that the chapter has been completed by the owner of such a beautiful voice. ;)

On wards and up wards.

All the best,
Jacqueline

bhavya
Posts: 960
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » April 13th, 2019, 10:41 am

Chapter 5 is yours. Glad that I am forgiven :) . I am using my phone right now so I will enter in your claim tomorrow... so that I dont make any mistakes.

bhavya
Posts: 960
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » April 13th, 2019, 8:15 pm

MatteMotif wrote:
March 30th, 2019, 1:25 pm
Hi, may I read Section 2? This is my first time recording but I have a good microphone and am familiar with my recording software.
Hey,

I see you have completed your one minute test. To assign the chapter to you I would need your catalogue name so that I can add you as a new reader.
The catalogue name can be your real name if you wish.

KIBBONAFIDE
Posts: 430
Joined: September 3rd, 2018, 7:51 am
Location: Burien, WA
Contact:

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » April 16th, 2019, 2:56 pm

Josh Kibbey

Post Reply