COMPLETE Mother Earth, Vol. 1 No. 2, April 1906 by Various - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Thank you Jacqueline!

I'm a little confused, I checked the text, and there are no image captions. But if there are, there is no need to read them.
MorganLeFay

Post by MorganLeFay »

bhavya wrote: April 1st, 2019, 7:04 am Thank you Jacqueline!

I'm a little confused, I checked the text, and there are no image captions. But if there are, there is no need to read them.
Wonderful! I look forward to reading section 11. Thank you very much!

Best wishes,
Jacqueline
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Great! Have fun!
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

I am very sorry, I began recording Rita Rivera and I found that there is a whole passage in French. My French pronunciation is horrific, so I will have to give that up :oops:. This is the second time in a short amount of time I've had to relinquish something because of French, how am I not catching it on my first scan through :lol:? Again, I am very sorry :oops:.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 1st, 2019, 2:01 pm I am very sorry, I began recording Rita Rivera and I found that there is a whole passage in French. My French pronunciation is horrific, so I will have to give that up :oops:. This is the second time in a short amount of time I've had to relinquish something because of French, how am I not catching it on my first scan through :lol:? Again, I am very sorry :oops:.
No problem Campbell :)
lymiewithpurpose

bhavya wrote: April 1st, 2019, 7:43 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 1st, 2019, 2:01 pm I am very sorry, I began recording Rita Rivera and I found that there is a whole passage in French. My French pronunciation is horrific, so I will have to give that up :oops:. This is the second time in a short amount of time I've had to relinquish something because of French, how am I not catching it on my first scan through :lol:? Again, I am very sorry :oops:.
Thank you so much! I think it's still in the MW though... got a chance to look through, and I can take 11!
Campbell
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 3rd, 2019, 6:48 am
bhavya wrote: April 1st, 2019, 7:43 pm
Thank you so much! I think it's still in the MW though... got a chance to look through, and I can take 11!
Ooops! I assigned you 11 now. Thanks!
lymiewithpurpose

Campbell
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

I'd like to read Hope and Fear
Mike
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ah, no French here! So, PL OK.

I feel the same way about French.
I learned Haitian Creole, which is very Frenchy, but I can't really read actual French.
I feel the same way about Latin or Italian. Let's not even mention German.
Just give me a little Spanish. Or, I just did a piece that had a lot of Japanese names, and I can handle Korean, too.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
lymiewithpurpose

silverquill wrote: April 6th, 2019, 9:09 pm [quote=lymiewithpurpose post_id=<a href="tel:1576397">1576397</a> time=<a href="tel:1554514687">1554514687</a> user_id=103639]
I got mine done!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/motherearthvol1no2april1906_11_various_128kb.mp3
16:24
Ah, no French here! So, PL OK.

I feel the same way about French.
I learned Haitian Creole, which is very Frenchy, but I can't really read actual French.
I feel the same way about Latin or Italian. Let's not even mention German.
Just give me a little Spanish. Or, I just did a piece that had a lot of Japanese names, and I can handle Korean, too.
[/quote]
Wow, that’s crazy! I can do English or Spanish, nothing else :D. I was going to take French for my high school language, my mom convinced me that Spanish was more useful. Haven’t had to give up a section because there’s been too much Spanish though... but then again I am in California so practically Spanish may be a bit more useful here :D
Campbell
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Thank you!
TwoRavens

Post by TwoRavens »

Here are sections 9 & 10.
Note on Section 9: H.G. Wells is credited as author of the (reprinted) piece at the end rather than the beginning,
so that's the way that I recorded it. Hope that's okay.
I can, of course, correct it, if desired.

Cheers,
Stephen

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/motherearthvol1no2april1906_09_various_128kb.mp3 4:16

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/motherearthvol1no2april1906_10_various_128kb.mp3 7:11
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

There is no problem, thank you :D