COMPLETE [GROUP] The Doves' Nest and Other Stories - Katherine Mansfield - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

RobMarland wrote: January 19th, 2019, 5:55 am
bhavya wrote: January 19th, 2019, 2:10 am Hello,

Here is section 15: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/dovesnest_15_mansfield_128kb.mp3

5:57
Thanks, Bhavya! Great reading: this is PL OK. A "sweet" old lady she was not...
Thank you! Can I claim section 20?
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

bhavya wrote: January 19th, 2019, 6:12 am Thank you! Can I claim section 20?
Yes, please!
Rob Marland reader section | website
malkadavis

Post by malkadavis »

Unfortunately, I will have to back out of reading "A Cup of Tea" (or anything else), until I am able to devote the necessary time to mastering the technology side of things. :(
“I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal.”
--Jane Austen
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

malkadavis wrote: January 19th, 2019, 1:34 pm Unfortunately, I will have to back out of reading "A Cup of Tea" (or anything else), until I am able to devote the necessary time to mastering the technology side of things. :(
Please do not give up, Malka. Your reading was really fine and we only need to figure out how to get it to Mono. Have you tried downloading Audacity or asking in the help thread ?

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

malkadavis wrote: January 19th, 2019, 1:34 pm Unfortunately, I will have to back out of reading "A Cup of Tea" (or anything else), until I am able to devote the necessary time to mastering the technology side of things. :(
Hey Malka, I agree with Sonia completely. Your test sounded so good! We are not in any rush here: we ask that people read their chapters within 2 months, so you have got lots of time. And if you want to put it back into the pool at any time, there are never any hard feelings. We all know that LV is voluntary and other things in our life will be prioritised. But I don't like to see new, good readers being discouraged. Let us know if we can help.
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Claim sections 8, 10, and 11 please.
Signature: KATHLEEN
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Thanks, Bhavya and Kathleen!
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

bhavya wrote: January 19th, 2019, 10:54 pm Hello!

Section 20:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/dovesnest_20_mansfield_128kb.mp3

9:43
Thanks again, Bhavya. There are just a few things to fix before this one is done.

00:50 "Tirana street was beautiful in the spring". You say this twice. Could you delete one, please?

3:40 and p229: There is a word here -- "defiant" -- that you pronounced with a different stress than I would expect: normally this wouldn't be worth mentioning, but I think with this particular word it is possible that some listeners might be unsure what it is. Forvo has an example of the pronunciation I am most familiar with https://forvo.com/search/defiant

5:25 and p230: "...until her nose is white and her heart beats". I hear something different for "nose is white".
malkadavis

Post by malkadavis »

Kitty wrote: January 19th, 2019, 1:40 pm
Please do not give up, Malka. Your reading was really fine and we only need to figure out how to get it to Mono. Have you tried downloading Audacity or asking in the help thread ?

Sonia
I appreciate the encouragement from both you and Rob! I am trying to work through all the instructions from the post for GarageBand users. I think my last hurdle will be figuring out how to set the proper volume. The download for Audacity stated that it was not optimized for my Mac, which I bought only a few months ago. Tomorrow is a holiday, so I will have a little more time to try to get these settings straight before I throw in the towel.
“I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal.”
--Jane Austen
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

malkadavis wrote: January 20th, 2019, 6:43 pmThe download for Audacity stated that it was not optimized for my Mac, which I bought only a few months ago.
did you check this site ? It has downloads for Mac especially: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/mac/

We have Mac users here who use Audacity, so if you need help, the best thing would be to write in the Help forum

I also checked your new test and gave you the ok :)

Sonia
malkadavis

Post by malkadavis »

Kitty wrote: January 21st, 2019, 12:14 am
malkadavis wrote: January 20th, 2019, 6:43 pmThe download for Audacity stated that it was not optimized for my Mac, which I bought only a few months ago.
did you check this site ? It has downloads for Mac especially: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/mac/

We have Mac users here who use Audacity, so if you need help, the best thing would be to write in the Help forum

I also checked your new test and gave you the ok :)

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia! Yes, I did find an Audacity download for the Mac. I just think it's not "optimized" because my Mac is new and Audacity hasn't been updated in a while. But I'm making some headway with GarageBand!
--Jane Austen
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobMarland wrote: January 20th, 2019, 10:35 am Here's section 12 for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/dovesnest_12_mansfield_128kb.mp3 12:45
sorry Rob, I seem to have missed this post. But I listened to the section now and it's perfectly PL ok again. So here we are left wondering whether she will open that suspicious letter with the female writing after all, and the drama unfolds... it's a bit frustrating not to know how these stories were imagined to end. :(

Sonia