Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
- LibriVox Admin Team
- Posts: 14647
- Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
- Location: In the desert
Coffee Break Collection 18 - Pirates by Various ( - 0)
This is the eighteenth Coffee Break Collection, in which Librivox readers select English language public domain works of about 15 minutes or less in duration -- perfect to listen to during commutes, workouts or coffee breaks. The topic for this collection is pirates... a rich source of material. Fiction, non-fiction, poetry, prose, essays... all are welcome here.
- There is no need to pre-claim. Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
- New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
- Where do I find the text? Any Public Domain text -- Project Gutenberg Bookshelf is a good starting point.
- If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
- Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Various) : n/a
- Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
- Number of sections (files) this project will have: 15
- Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
- Original publication date (if known):
- If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
Genres for the project: Short Stories
Keywords that describe the book:
- BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- DURING recording:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
START of recording (Intro)
- "Title of work by Author. Coffee Break Collection 18 - Pirates. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
- If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
"Title of work [Chapter]"
END of recording
- At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Title of work]"
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
- AFTER recording
Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
cb018_titleinoneword_yourinitials_28kb.mp3 (all lower-case) (e.g. cb018_blackbeard_lt_128kb.mp3)
Please ignore tags -- these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Please post in this thread:
The link from the uploader
The file length in mm:ss
The title of the story.
The author of the story with birth and death dates if available.
Link to the online text.
Please post below