[COMPLETE]World's Story 5: Italy, France, Spain, Portugal - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Thank goodness... :lol:
Thank you Sonia

Kitty wrote: December 18th, 2018, 12:37 am
adr6090 wrote: December 17th, 2018, 3:03 pm :oops: I can not believe that I still did not get the footnote put in where it should have been. Yes, the third time is the charm as it is where it should be now. :lol:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_085_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 35:41
:clap: yes now it's all good an PL ok. Footnote at the correct spot. :mrgreen:

thanks again

Sonia
April
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 51--Louis eleven went to heaven! Non?:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_051_tappan_128kb.mp3 29.95 KB

31:56

Jim :lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

moniaqua wrote: December 18th, 2018, 12:36 pmNo need to rush :) You had to wait long enough, just do it when it is comfortable for you.
thank you, well I just had a listen to them all, and the roles were all so excellently played. Each time different. I loved Abraham best, he is really ready to pick a fight. :lol:

textually, nothing missing, all Sections PL ok.

Only one PL note for Section 11:

> you have 10 seconds of silence at the end instead of only 5

thank you

Sonia
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Kitty wrote: December 19th, 2018, 3:27 am Only one PL note for Section 11:

> you have 10 seconds of silence at the end instead of only 5
:oops: Sorry. Strange, those silences keep coming back; I swear I did cut it :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_011_tappan_128kb.mp3
7:29
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

moniaqua wrote: December 19th, 2018, 3:38 am :oops: Sorry. Strange, those silences keep coming back; I swear I did cut it :lol:
yes it's sometimes strange, may have happened in the upload :hmm: that reminds me of another reader here, who has just the opposite problem. She swears she puts 5 seconds at the end, and after uploading they always disappear. I wish we could find the source for this error :( Nobody had a good idea so far.

But thanks, the section is now PL ok

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: December 18th, 2018, 6:23 pm Here is 51--Louis eleven went to heaven! Non?:
I don't know about you, but I really really disliked Louis XI in this section :evil: he sounds so uncaring, especially in the scene with the prisoner. And I don't really see where he was praying LOL not a really fitting title, was it ? :hmm:

Still: perfectly narrated, no errors at all. PL ok. Thank you so much, Jim, this was really a long section.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yeah, he was heartless, evil to the core. :twisted: Thanks, Sonia. :D
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_097_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 20:06
Hello Sonia,
Above is section 097. It was great to record and I do hope that you will enjoy it as much as I did. :wink:
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

good thing I didn't have my earphones on with this performance ;) you are exceeding 93 dB :shock: but the hatred and not-at-all suppressed anger are excellently acted out :thumbs: I know you cannot play a whispering Tybald :lol: would sound strange indeed.

Wonderful job, PL ok. And thanks for taking part, Chris. Whenever I need a good snarl, I know I can rely on you. :mrgreen:

Now only Tomas missing and then I can assemble this section :9: My narration part is all ready and waiting.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lovely narrated section once again, storygirl :9: thank you so much. Anne de Bretagne is quite famous here from the children's song we all had to learn in school but now that I read this sections, she was a fascinating woman and quite modern for her time. Really interesting.

And PL ok of course.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: December 20th, 2018, 4:51 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_097_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 20:06
Above is section 097. It was great to record and I do hope that you will enjoy it as much as I did. :wink:
oh wow yes, this was a cool story 8-) would be fitting in a mystery collection. I did enjoy it, especially this creepy part when the scroll became large and unfolded the horrors in the chamber. :thumbs: nice reading too, April, thanks so much.

there is a strange gurgling background noise at the beginning of the section, which then stops at 7:14. :hmm: Maybe you remember if you did anything else at that point ? Did you do another recording session for this part maybe ? Some electrical appliance that turned itself off then ? The noise is not too distracting, but without it of course it would even be more agreeable to listen to, so maybe you could find the source. But no need to change it for this time, don't worry.

I have found two textual errors though, which need correcting:

> at 4:00: (p. 433): "I have an earnest desire to penetrate" - stumble and repeat here of "earnest desire", can be cut out at 4:01, as the stumble occured there

> at 6:49: (p. 434): you again skipped an entire line here (the underlined part) : "will appear as one of those wondrous monuments of the olden time; one of those Egyptian..."

thanks for this entertaining section :)

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_097_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 20:26
I hear the gurgle as well though I did not touch it as you said it is not to worry about it.
I did the other edits you have mentioned.
Amazes me as I did re-listen and read the text before posting it.
Thank you though for mentioning what I needed to fix.

Kitty wrote: December 21st, 2018, 5:31 am
adr6090 wrote: December 20th, 2018, 4:51 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_097_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 20:06
oh wow yes, this was a cool story 8-) would be fitting in a mystery collection. I did enjoy it, especially this creepy part when the scroll became large and unfolded the horrors in the chamber. :thumbs: nice reading too, April, thanks so much.

there is a strange gurgling background noise at the beginning of the section, which then stops at 7:14. :hmm: Maybe you remember if you did anything else at that point ? Did you do another recording session for this part maybe ? Some electrical appliance that turned itself off then ? The noise is not too distracting, but without it of course it would even be more agreeable to listen to, so maybe you could find the source. But no need to change it for this time, don't worry.

I have found two textual errors though, which need correcting:

> at 4:00: (p. 433): "I have an earnest desire to penetrate" - stumble and repeat here of "earnest desire", can be cut out at 4:01, as the stumble occured there

> at 6:49: (p. 434): you again skipped an entire line here (the underlined part) : "will appear as one of those wondrous monuments of the olden time; one of those Egyptian..."

thanks for this entertaining section :)

Sonia
April
Hypatia

Post by Hypatia »