[FULL] My Queen: A weekly Journal for Young Women. Issue 1, Sept 1900 - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16278
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: In My Happy Place By De Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » December 11th, 2018, 8:10 am

2839reader wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 11:58 pm
I am uploading section 4 again as requested.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/myqueenissue01_04_sheldon_128kb.mp3
Thank you. That works just fine. :thumbs:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
It's a little known fact that the sheep that give us steel wool have no known natural enemies..

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

linny
Posts: 10285
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » December 16th, 2018, 2:58 pm

10:20- Slight stumble on answered

linny
Posts: 10285
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » December 16th, 2018, 3:00 pm

Phil,
Please update the link for section 4 in the MW. There is an error when trying to load it. From the thread it looks as if the final 3 in MP3 is missing.

Please also check the link for chapter 7. The content is that of chapter 8. I'm not sure if the MW link is wrong or if it's the actual file content.

I can't DPL but I'll help out when I can until a DPL claims you.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16278
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: In My Happy Place By De Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » December 16th, 2018, 3:20 pm

linny wrote:
December 16th, 2018, 3:00 pm
Phil,
Please update the link for section 4 in the MW. There is an error when trying to load it. From the thread it looks as if the final 3 in MP3 is missing.

Please also check the link for chapter 7. The content is that of chapter 8. I'm not sure if the MW link is wrong or if it's the actual file content.

I can't DPL but I'll help out when I can until a DPL claims you.
thanks linny for catching those problems. I'l check them out. :D
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
It's a little known fact that the sheep that give us steel wool have no known natural enemies..

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

2839reader
Posts: 783
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 2:02 pm

Post by 2839reader » December 16th, 2018, 4:01 pm

Signature: KATHLEEN

linny
Posts: 10285
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » December 17th, 2018, 6:54 am

2839reader wrote:
December 16th, 2018, 4:01 pm
Hi, corrected "she answered" at 10:20
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/myqueenissue01_06_sheldon_128kb.mp3
Kathleen,
Section 6 is spot check PL OK.

Chapter 4 is also PL OK. :thumbs:

linny
Posts: 10285
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » December 17th, 2018, 7:19 am

wordwork2 wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 10:12 am
Hello!

Here is my recording of section 7:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/myqueenissue01_07_sheldon_128kb.mp3 (9:49)

Thanks :D
Phil here is the link I used to pl 7. The one in the MW still has the link for chapter 8. Since you are also the Mc it probably doesn’t matter though. :mrgreen:

linny
Posts: 10285
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » December 17th, 2018, 7:20 am

wordwork 2,
Chapter 7 is pl ok. :thumbs:

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16278
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: In My Happy Place By De Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » December 17th, 2018, 12:29 pm

linny wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 7:20 am
wordwork 2,
Chapter 7 is pl ok. :thumbs:
Linny, thanks for PLing those chapters. Not sure where all the confusion came from bit I think they are sorted out now :thumbs:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
It's a little known fact that the sheep that give us steel wool have no known natural enemies..

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

CrystalMercy
Posts: 5
Joined: November 28th, 2018, 5:41 am

Post by CrystalMercy » December 17th, 2018, 3:57 pm

May I claim section 1 please?

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16278
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: In My Happy Place By De Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » December 17th, 2018, 4:12 pm

CrystalMercy wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 3:57 pm
May I claim section 1 please?
Image Yes you may Crystal, that section is all yours. Since this is your very first section for LibriVox, here is your welcome flower too Image

Please ask if anything is confusing or bewildering.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
It's a little known fact that the sheep that give us steel wool have no known natural enemies..

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

CrystalMercy
Posts: 5
Joined: November 28th, 2018, 5:41 am

Post by CrystalMercy » December 17th, 2018, 6:06 pm

philchenevert wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 4:12 pm
CrystalMercy wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 3:57 pm
May I claim section 1 please?
Image Yes you may Crystal, that section is all yours. Since this is your very first section for LibriVox, here is your welcome flower too Image

Please ask if anything is confusing or bewildering.
Thanks for the flower! :D Also here is the recording. I hope it is to your liking.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/myqueenissue01_1_sheldon_128kb.mp3

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16278
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: In My Happy Place By De Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » December 17th, 2018, 6:53 pm

Thank you Chrystal. That was certainly fast!! The next normal step is for me to put this into the magic window and mark it "ready for proof listening" and then our DPL (dedicated proof listener) would download it and check it out. Unfortunately we don't have a DPL yet but linny has been helping out as they have time. If no one checks it out in thenext day or so, I will listen andlet your know. Great first start and we hope you will pick up a few more sections if you feel so inclined to follow the story of our intrepid heroine.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
It's a little known fact that the sheep that give us steel wool have no known natural enemies..

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

CrystalMercy
Posts: 5
Joined: November 28th, 2018, 5:41 am

Post by CrystalMercy » December 18th, 2018, 3:06 am

philchenevert wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 6:53 pm
Thank you Chrystal. That was certainly fast!! The next normal step is for me to put this into the magic window and mark it "ready for proof listening" and then our DPL (dedicated proof listener) would download it and check it out. Unfortunately we don't have a DPL yet but linny has been helping out as they have time. If no one checks it out in thenext day or so, I will listen andlet your know. Great first start and we hope you will pick up a few more sections if you feel so inclined to follow the story of our intrepid heroine.
sure id love to take on sections 2 and 3 if available :D

linny
Posts: 10285
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » December 18th, 2018, 10:56 am

Hello Crystal. Welcome to LV! :clap:

I took a listen to your first section. There are a couple of corrections to be made but it's all standard stuff so don't worry. Please ask if you have any questions on editing reading corrections.

-Please trim opening silence to less than 1 second.

-1:05 stumble - She paused for a moment upon the brow of the steep hill behind her father’s farm, and pushing the gingham sunbonnet back from her face, took her usual evening glance over the surrounding country.

-7:32 stumble/repeat - The daisy chain fell and was trampled under her feet in the dust—the links which bound her wishes were scattered and broken.

-Before you upload again, please revise your file name. You have forgotten the 0 in the section number. myqueenissue01_01_sheldon_128kb.mp3

Optional:
While technically your recording is within limits I found it very difficult to hear you and even amplified your file before I listened. When you have time I suggest you take a look at a few of Phil's videos. Your Audacity version is likely different however the basic tools should still be pretty similar.

I believe your volume is registering as ok because you have some higher volume areas which offset your lower areas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKYYj6HMZU

I'm hearing a constant hum in the background. Here is a video on noise cleaning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzVxubRO4gI

These are pretty standard post production items that most of us learn as we gain experience in this crazy hobby. You don't have to make the amplification and noise cleaning changes to this file. These are my suggestion as you progress and have the research time.

Again, welcome to LV. It's great to have you here with us. :9:

Post Reply