COMPLETE The Rose-colored World, and Other Fantasies by EM Brodie -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Adam, Section 2 is perfectly PL Ok.
I now love this story and you have done it great justice.

Thanks for your inclusion in Rose-colored World.

I look forward to hearing more from you!
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both so much :thumbs:
Carolin
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

:oops: Would it be a problem if I asked for one more week ext. on this?
The stories are so beautiful and I hate to give them up, but I know deadlines exist for a reason.
If I cannot get them done in time, I will probably finish them and submit them to a short story collection.
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

by thestorygirl
Would it be a problem if I asked for one more week ext. on this?
Of course, it's at Carolin's discretion, but just to say: I am here, ready to DPL, whenever you feel most comfortable submitting your sections.

*Smile*
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hiya, thats fine. as the collection is not yet full i am not in a hurry to orphan sections. thanks for letting us know!
Carolin
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Thank you. I will really try hard to get them in by the end of the week!
dmitrymazo

Post by dmitrymazo »

Hi! I would like to take section 14 "The Bend of the Hill". Thank you.
Falassewen

Post by Falassewen »

BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Hi Melissa!
I have a few PL notes for you on section 15.

First, I really LIKE the vocals for Maida, at the last of the story. That's a nice, subtle difference between she and Prue.

Then, I hear a few clicks, as from mouse, that were a little distracting. The main instances were at times 1.17, 2.00. 14.52.
Please listen and consider if you'd like to extract any of those, for a smoother recording.

Too, at 2.54 there is a Text vs. Read error regarding the word deprecatingly.

Text: Poor Minot Braid !” sighed Maria, deprecatingly.
Said: depreciatingly

de.pre.cat.ing: expressing disapproval; disapproving
/ˈdeprəkādiNG

vs.

de·pre·ci·ate: diminish in value over a period of time.
/dəˈprēSHēˌāt/

Those words are VERY easy to confuse and meanings do not vastly varyimpact the story to large extent, so don't regard it as a critical mistake; it is at your discretion if you'd like to re-record that section, but if I were narrating this, would want to know, so provide the note to you.

But mostly, I want you to know that I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the story!
That's not to rush you ... that's to say your narration has incited my interest and that's the Primary Note!

Please DO let us know if you have any questions; we're happy to help. *Smile*
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

P.S. *BLUSH* Please pardon my lousy grammar!
~Angelique
Falassewen

Post by Falassewen »

Angelique!

You. Are. The. BEST!
The clicks I didn't catch in my two listens so I'll make sure to turn up my volume so I catch those next time.
And the read error is in the same boat.

I massively appreciate your feedback on the small vocal change to differentiate Maida from her sister. I have to admit. I struggled with the housekeeper and her husband because their speech patterns were written into the text but that meant I kept accidentally reading it with some pretty strong accents. This was the third attempt to read with less of a drawl. If it was still..... jarring, let me know and I'll give it another shot.

Otherwise, I'll have those corrections done right away.

Thanks for being an awesome listener!!!

Also, the other chapters are recorded and basic editing is done. I just need to do a final listen before I submit so there will be more listening for you shortly! :wink:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

dmitrymazo wrote: January 8th, 2019, 12:49 pm Hi! I would like to take section 14 "The Bend of the Hill". Thank you.
Hi dmitry, thanks for claiming! As this is your first claim, i will add you to the reader database. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Before getting started here, let me repeat my recommendation of getting started with recording in your native language. It will make the process a lot easier. Your choice though. Thanks!
Carolin
Falassewen

Post by Falassewen »

Section 15
Changes made per previous listener notes.
Run time now 20:28
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/rosecoloredworld_15_128kb.mp3

Okay. Who doesn't think this is the funnest thing to do ever?! :mrgreen:
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

All is PL OK with section 15 now, Melissa!

The pickup of "depricatingly" is seamlessly done!

The clicks are minimized or absent and the piece is wonderful.

And thank you for the sweet comments! I'm always a little concerned that I'll seem to be pedantic and condescending when I include the dictionary definitions and pronunciations, but it's really the best way that I've found to make the note, so I appreciate YOUR appreciation!

Yes, indeed. When I get notes from my reading, I'm often stuck with a howl of "Howwww did Iiiii omit SO many sentences? I LISTENED to it, (and always end up editing it again) at LEAST three times, KNOW that I included those lines when I recorded (because they're usually the ones I've had to record seven times) ... deep listened to myself via my editing headphones (as opposed to on the computer speakers when DPLing) ... lined along per the text ... and STILL???!" I just LOPED them OFF??! *SIGH!* BOTHERATION!

Ahhh, and that's where the difficulty comes in. It's in my over-editing that I end up making the mistakes. I know this, try to be especially careful and *BANG* ... still ... sometimes five notes on a 30 minute recording! *Blush*
So, yes, I absolutely relate to what you say here!

The rest of your characterizations were just fine, but ohhh, yes.
We never want to sound racist or sterotyped and there's a fine line between that sense and respect for rich, diverse dialects.
As a matter of a fact, I did a recording for one of the open short story projects that I just WILL NOT upload because the Mexican accent sounds really ... awful to my ears. Well. It's a learning process and YOU are doing just fine! *SMILE*

Thank you for your openness to the notes!
Again, I'll be here are quickly as I can when you upload the other sections!
*SMILE*

All the best,

by Falassewen » Today, 12:37 am

Angelique!

You. Are. The. BEST!
The clicks I didn't catch in my two listens so I'll make sure to turn up my volume so I catch those next time.
And the read error is in the same boat.

I massively appreciate your feedback on the small vocal change to differentiate Maida from her sister. I have to admit. I struggled with the housekeeper and her husband because their speech patterns were written into the text but that meant I kept accidentally reading it with some pretty strong accents. This was the third attempt to read with less of a drawl. If it was still..... jarring, let me know and I'll give it another shot.

Otherwise, I'll have those corrections done right away.

Thanks for being an awesome listener!!!

Also, the other chapters are recorded and basic editing is done. I just need to do a final listen before I submit so there will be more listening for you shortly! :wink:
~Angelique