[Complete] Stories by Foreign Authors - German Authors Vol. 1 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

I can listen if you like.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thanks... it's a slow-moving project.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

That is fine. I don't mind waiting to listen. I have one project I have been working on since I started...as a matter of fact it may have been the very first project I offered to PL. ha
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

I would very much like to be assigned sections 2 and 3.
The Philosopher's Pendulum by Lindau.

Please indicate where you intend to separate parts 1 and 2.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

williamjones wrote: February 13th, 2019, 1:17 pm I would very much like to be assigned sections 2 and 3.

Thanks for claiming.
Parts 1 and 2 are marked in the text. However, since there is such a discrepancy in the lengths of the sections, if you wanted to break in some other place (and have Part 1 continued at the start of section 3), I would be open to that. Just mention in the thread what you are doing, so as not to confuse Anthony.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Lynnet wrote: February 13th, 2019, 1:27 pm
williamjones wrote: February 13th, 2019, 1:17 pm I would very much like to be assigned sections 2 and 3.

Thanks for claiming.
Parts 1 and 2 are marked in the text. However, since there is such a discrepancy in the lengths of the sections, if you wanted to break in some other place (and have Part 1 continued at the start of section 3), I would be open to that. Just mention in the thread what you are doing, so as not to confuse Anthony.
As my grandchildren would say: DUH! I didn't notice the Roman number "I" at the start, so I did a text search for "Part" and found nothing that looked like separation of parts. Got it now, and I'll be doing my reading tonight and tomorrow, then my two personal-PLs during the weekend before uploading. I'll record the two sections as specified.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded sections 2 and 3 of The Philosopher's Pendulum

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/germanauthorsvol1_02_various_128kb.mp3 57:12
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/germanauthorsvol1_03_various_128kb.mp3 20:15

Nota bene: while transferring the final files between my LV computer and my work computer a superfluous ".mp3" was appended to each of these file names. I canceled the upload, corrected the filenames, then uploaded them as show above.

If there are any scholars of German literature in this group, please make yourself known: I have a question prompted by a recent reading of Hesse's Demian and this short story by Lindau. Thank you in advance.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
peterjana

Post by peterjana »

Could I reserve section 4 please?

Thanks,

Peter
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

williamjones wrote: February 16th, 2019, 7:39 pm Uploaded sections 2 and 3 of The Philosopher's Pendulum

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/germanauthorsvol1_02_various_128kb.mp3 57:12
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/germanauthorsvol1_03_various_128kb.mp3 20:15

Nota bene: while transferring the final files between my LV computer and my work computer a superfluous ".mp3" was appended to each of these file names. I canceled the upload, corrected the filenames, then uploaded them as show above.

If there are any scholars of German literature in this group, please make yourself known: I have a question prompted by a recent reading of Hesse's Demian and this short story by Lindau. Thank you in advance.
Thank you.
The extra .mp3 crops up fairly frequently. I'm not sure what it signifies (as I can use a computer, but don't 'get' them :lol: ) but it's not that big a deal at this point... I can delete them before cataloguing and they don't affect PL... but thanks anyway.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

peterjana wrote: February 17th, 2019, 2:19 am Could I reserve section 4 please?

Thanks,

Peter
Absolutely!
It looks like this is your first recording, so I have added you to the catalog under your forum name. That can easily be changed if you'd prefer your real name or a pseudonym. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your personal catalog page.
Please be sure to read the first post and ask if you have questions.
peterjana

Post by peterjana »

Here it is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/germanauthorsvol1_04_various_128kb.mp3

I hope I have done everything right. Any constructive criticism welcome!
peterjana

Post by peterjana »

Sorry I forgot to mention it is 28:45 long.
And yes, please could you put my real name in the catalogue: Peter Tuck

Thanks!

Peter
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

peterjana wrote: February 18th, 2019, 11:39 am Sorry I forgot to mention it is 28:45 long.
And yes, please could you put my real name in the catalogue: Peter Tuck

Thanks!

Peter
Will do and thank you... congratulations on your first submission! Anthony will proof listen and give you feedback.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

I would very much appreciate being assigned Section 6 - Egyptian Fire-Eater.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison