COMPLETE: Poems by T.S. Eliot -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Foon
Posts: 1704
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » October 6th, 2018, 10:32 am

Thank you! :D
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!

Readers needed:
Biscuits and Bills (One-Act Comedy)
Arabian Nights (Vol. 10 -- NEW)

bdanzige
Posts: 76
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 12:41 pm

Post by bdanzige » October 6th, 2018, 12:09 pm

mattbenzing wrote:
October 5th, 2018, 12:14 pm
OK, now give it a listen.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/poems_02_eliot_128kb.mp3 (2:30)
Still there 😬. Are you sure you uploaded the right version?

bdanzige
Posts: 76
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 12:41 pm

Post by bdanzige » October 6th, 2018, 12:43 pm

bluechien wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 8:22 am
And, unexpected, Prufrock:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/poems_13_eliot_128kb.mp3 8:17

Now if the duet member who isn't Nemo would just get their act together :evil: .... Piange would be done!
The beginning of the recording is PL OK but then you continue with a part that is not written in the text from gutenberg. I'm not sure what it is but please fix this.

Foon
Posts: 1704
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » October 6th, 2018, 1:13 pm

bdanzige wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 12:43 pm
bluechien wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 8:22 am
And, unexpected, Prufrock:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/poems_13_eliot_128kb.mp3 8:17

Now if the duet member who isn't Nemo would just get their act together :evil: .... Piange would be done!
The beginning of the recording is PL OK but then you continue with a part that is not written in the text from gutenberg. I'm not sure what it is but please fix this.
Thanks for PLing. It might be helpful if you could be a bit more specific with your comment, for example, adding something like the following, filling in the blanks of course:
At [mm:ss] the text starts deviating from the Gutenberg text, beginning with the words "[line that is different]". This continues until [mm:ss]/the end of the recording/whatever else it might be.
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!

Readers needed:
Biscuits and Bills (One-Act Comedy)
Arabian Nights (Vol. 10 -- NEW)

bdanzige
Posts: 76
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 12:41 pm

Post by bdanzige » October 6th, 2018, 1:28 pm

Foon wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 1:13 pm
bdanzige wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 12:43 pm
bluechien wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 8:22 am
And, unexpected, Prufrock:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/poems_13_eliot_128kb.mp3 8:17

Now if the duet member who isn't Nemo would just get their act together :evil: .... Piange would be done!
The beginning of the recording is PL OK but then you continue with a part that is not written in the text from gutenberg. I'm not sure what it is but please fix this.
Thanks for PLing. It might be helpful if you could be a bit more specific with your comment, for example, adding something like the following, filling in the blanks of course:
At [mm:ss] the text starts deviating from the Gutenberg text, beginning with the words "[line that is different]". This continues until [mm:ss]/the end of the recording/whatever else it might be.
Here it is then...
At 0:31 the text starts deviating from the Gutenberg text, beginning with the words "let us go then". This continues until the end of the recording.

mattbenzing
Posts: 84
Joined: August 8th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Post by mattbenzing » October 6th, 2018, 8:07 pm


Foon
Posts: 1704
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » October 7th, 2018, 2:35 am

Thank you Matt :thumbs:
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!

Readers needed:
Biscuits and Bills (One-Act Comedy)
Arabian Nights (Vol. 10 -- NEW)

bluechien
Posts: 990
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Location: Laurentia

Post by bluechien » October 7th, 2018, 8:54 am

bdanzige wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Here it is then...
At 0:31 the text starts deviating from the Gutenberg text, beginning with the words "let us go then". This continues until the end of the recording.
Sorry bdanzige, I don't understand what you mean. :hmm: Can you elaborate? You are describing the poem as written.
Eva D
ond let him not see this, lest he should come home,
and Pinch me, or kill my Squirrel.

bdanzige
Posts: 76
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 12:41 pm

Post by bdanzige » October 7th, 2018, 11:00 am

bluechien wrote:
October 7th, 2018, 8:54 am
bdanzige wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Here it is then...
At 0:31 the text starts deviating from the Gutenberg text, beginning with the words "let us go then". This continues until the end of the recording.
Sorry bdanzige, I don't understand what you mean. :hmm: Can you elaborate? You are describing the poem as written.
I'm so sorry. I looked in the Html version of the text and for some reason the rest of the poem does not occur there. I looked now in the other versions of the text in gutenberg and you are right. My apologies.
bdanzige.

bluechien
Posts: 990
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Location: Laurentia

Post by bluechien » October 7th, 2018, 11:05 am

Oh, ok, I get it. Thanks for the PL! See you around in the Drama corner, I hope. :)
Eva D
ond let him not see this, lest he should come home,
and Pinch me, or kill my Squirrel.

Foon
Posts: 1704
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » October 7th, 2018, 11:54 am

Glad you guys got that cleared up! :thumbs:
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!

Readers needed:
Biscuits and Bills (One-Act Comedy)
Arabian Nights (Vol. 10 -- NEW)

Farnood
Posts: 65
Joined: March 22nd, 2018, 11:23 pm

Post by Farnood » October 18th, 2018, 9:50 am

Farnood

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation" (Thoreau)

Foon
Posts: 1704
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » October 18th, 2018, 11:12 am

Thank you, could you also post the duration of the recordings? :)
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!

Readers needed:
Biscuits and Bills (One-Act Comedy)
Arabian Nights (Vol. 10 -- NEW)

Farnood
Posts: 65
Joined: March 22nd, 2018, 11:23 pm

Post by Farnood » October 28th, 2018, 6:26 am

Farnood

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation" (Thoreau)

Foon
Posts: 1704
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » October 28th, 2018, 9:38 am

Thank you Farnood! :)
Foon - Please correct my pronunciation!

Readers needed:
Biscuits and Bills (One-Act Comedy)
Arabian Nights (Vol. 10 -- NEW)

Post Reply