[ESSAY/HUMOR] Plum Pudding: Of Divers Ingredients, Discreetly Blended & Seasoned by Christopher Morley - jo

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 7731
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » September 19th, 2018, 10:24 pm

jondalar1988 wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 11:34 am
Chapter 25 "At The Gasthaus zum Ochsen" has been uploaded. Length is 7:40
Chapter 30 "Consider the Commuter" has been uploaded. Length is 23:37


https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/plumpudding_25_Morley_128kb.mp3 5.58 KB
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/plumpudding_30_Morley_128kb.mp3
Great!
Thanks for our first recorded sections. :thumbs:

silverquill
Posts: 7731
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » September 19th, 2018, 10:26 pm

unclejoe wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 5:42 pm
Uploaded....... Morley is such a Good Writer! uploaded, aloha, joe t.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/plumpudding_38_morley_128kb.mp3 8:02

A lot of front matter....let me know if you want any changes there or throughout, thankyou!
Thanks for the fast turnaround!
In the MW Ready for PL.

silverquill
Posts: 7731
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » September 19th, 2018, 10:27 pm

GregGiordano wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 9:01 pm
Here is Section 20 -

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/plumpudding_20_morley_128kb.mp3

Run time is 8:50

Take care,

Greg
Thanks, Greg!
In MW Ready for PL

silverquill
Posts: 7731
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » September 19th, 2018, 10:28 pm

Nedge wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 3:21 pm
Having tossed back a few there, may I have section 11 -- McSorley's?

Nan
Nothing like the voice of experience!
Give it a go/ :mrgreen:

GregGiordano
Posts: 3160
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » September 20th, 2018, 4:43 am

silverquill wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 10:27 pm
GregGiordano wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 9:01 pm
Here is Section 20 -

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/plumpudding_20_morley_128kb.mp3

Run time is 8:50

Take care,

Greg
Thanks, Greg!
In MW Ready for PL
Thanks, Larry!

adr6090
Posts: 1129
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » September 20th, 2018, 9:46 am

Hello,
May I please claim 27, 34 & 35? This sounds like a fun collection of stories. :D
April

Nedge
Posts: 363
Joined: May 30th, 2018, 8:30 am
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ
Contact:

Post by Nedge » September 20th, 2018, 10:19 am

Nan Dodge

"A hundred years from now? All new people." -- Anne LaMott

GregGiordano
Posts: 3160
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » September 20th, 2018, 5:59 pm

Here is Section 21 -

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/plumpudding_21_morley_128kb.mp3

Run time is 6:03

Take care,

Greg

terrybenn
Posts: 240
Joined: August 6th, 2018, 5:03 am

Post by terrybenn » September 24th, 2018, 2:07 am

Hello, your friendly neighborhood DPL here. Sorry about the delay. I've been dealing with a bit of weather in my area. Let me get us caught up.

All the readings have been wonderful. We have great voices in this one.

Sections:
11, 20 and 21 are PL OK.

25 and 30 have tech issues only.
For both: file names should be all lowercase
bit rate should be set to 128 kbps
bit rate should be constant not variable.
For 25: volume is 84.8 rather than the standard of 86 to 92.

38 is PL OK.

T

jondalar1988
Posts: 121
Joined: June 24th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Location: Florida panhandle

Post by jondalar1988 » September 24th, 2018, 8:29 am

links to the "new and improved" Sections 25 and 30 submitted herewith. Have no idea why I put that capital letter in the originals...and had neglected to adjust bit rate. But I hope all is now copacetic. :oops:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/plumpudding_25_morley_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/plumpudding_30_morley_128kb.mp3
-Ron Altman-

"In retrospect it becomes clear that hindsight is definitely overrated!"
"The significance of man is his awareness of his insignificance!"

silverquill
Posts: 7731
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » September 24th, 2018, 8:46 am

jondalar1988 wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 8:29 am
links to the "new and improved" Sections 25 and 30 submitted herewith. Have no idea why I put that capital letter in the originals...and had neglected to adjust bit rate. But I hope all is now copacetic. :oops:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/plumpudding_25_morley_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/plumpudding_30_morley_128kb.mp3
It's okay. I recently had a bit rate issue myself, and have no idea how it got changed.

Ready for Spot PL


terrybenn
Posts: 240
Joined: August 6th, 2018, 5:03 am

Post by terrybenn » September 24th, 2018, 5:39 pm

silverquill wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 8:46 am
jondalar1988 wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 8:29 am
links to the "new and improved" Sections 25 and 30 submitted herewith. Have no idea why I put that capital letter in the originals...and had neglected to adjust bit rate. But I hope all is now copacetic. :oops:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/plumpudding_25_morley_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/plumpudding_30_morley_128kb.mp3
It's okay. I recently had a bit rate issue myself, and have no idea how it got changed.

Ready for Spot PL
Larry's right. Even the most experienced reader has a small issue now and then. It's why he cracks the whip...I mean, let's me DPL these. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No worries. It's all easy fixes.

25 is now PL OK.

30 still has a volume issue. The volume is 85.9 dB. It should fall between 86 and 92dB.

T

jondalar1988
Posts: 121
Joined: June 24th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Location: Florida panhandle

Post by jondalar1988 » September 25th, 2018, 11:59 am

Terry, you obviously have better equipment than I. I'm unable to measure the waveform as accurately. Anyway, I gave it a little further boost and it should be all better now.....I hope!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/plumpudding_30_morley_128kb.mp3
-Ron Altman-

"In retrospect it becomes clear that hindsight is definitely overrated!"
"The significance of man is his awareness of his insignificance!"

MBraymiller
Posts: 75
Joined: December 26th, 2012, 7:51 pm
Location: Albany, NY

Post by MBraymiller » September 25th, 2018, 12:47 pm

I'd like to claim chapters 23 - Gissing and 24 - A Dialogue. I found them cleverly amusing.
“Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.”
Isaiah 45:22


Goodreads name: Matt Braymiller

Post Reply