RajVO

Post by RajVO »

My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

msfry

Post by msfry »

GRS, Raj and Erin. All PL OK. This poem is soothing, soft and sweet every time I hear it. Thank you. I'm seeing autumn leaves.
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

msfry wrote: August 19th, 2018, 12:53 pm GRS, Raj and Erin. All PL OK. This poem is soothing, soft and sweet every time I hear it. Thank you. I'm seeing autumn leaves.
Yes, Michele.
It's really smooth and soothing!
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kozmique

Post by Kozmique »

GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Here is my contribution to this project:

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/throughalltheyears_foley_gg_128kb.mp3

Running time is 2:22

Take care,

Greg
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hello, Kozmique! I see you've found your way over to the Readers Wanted forums, and to this Poetry project, which is really a fun, low pressure way to get in some practice and warm up your vocal chords. So welcome. Your tech specs on this file check out good, your recording sounds clear, and your reading is lovely. :thumbs:

Hoping to see more of you around the LV playground. :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Larry and Greg. Nice readings, both PL OK.
Kozmique

Post by Kozmique »

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm having fun and have become slightly obsessed with listening to others' recordings, and looking for things to read!

In answer to your question about the "old cathedral dome," the first thought that came to mind was that an old cathedral's dome would have seen many momentous occasions, both joyous and solemn. That reminded me of the dome of the skull, making the shafts of light all the memories of times shared with old friends, followed by a sentiment of forgiveness for any pain some of them might hold.
msfry wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 8:14 am
Hello, Kozmique! I see you've found your way over to the Readers Wanted forums, and to this Poetry project, which is really a fun, low pressure way to get in some practice and warm up your vocal chords. So welcome. Your tech specs on this file check out good, your recording sounds clear, and your reading is lovely. :thumbs:

Hoping to see more of you around the LV playground. :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

Kozmique wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 9:35 am Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm having fun and have become slightly obsessed with listening to others' recordings, and looking for things to read!

In answer to your question about the "old cathedral dome," the first thought that came to mind was that an old cathedral's dome would have seen many momentous occasions, both joyous and solemn. That reminded me of the dome of the skull, making the shafts of light all the memories of times shared with old friends, followed by a sentiment of forgiveness for any pain some of them might hold.
I know what you mean about being obsessed with listening. I am just now revisiting one of the first LV books I listened to, Anne Of Green Gables Version 3, which I can highly, highly recommend! Karen Savage is a gifted reader and I'm enjoying it more now that I know what it takes to record and edit a whole book!
https://librivox.org/anne-of-green-gables-by-lucy-maud-montgomery-3/

I, too, thought of the "cathedral dome" as a skull, envisioning the bald head of an old man slowly losing his memory, so those Shafts of Light could be escaping thoughts, or moments of clarity (wisdom). Of course I also thought of an actual cathedral with the dome collapsed inward, once full of activity, now silent and still. At any rate the phrase seemed especially picturesque to me. :D
Jude1972

Post by Jude1972 »

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
GypsySon

Post by GypsySon »