COMPLETE Love Songs by GG Currie -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lpeders

Post by lpeders »

Hi everyone! This is my first (non-weekly-poetry) project and I'm having little trouble with some clipping (if that's the right term). I am recording the full poem selected and at random moments it seems like my words get clipped off. For example, in this recording it happens at approximately 0:02 when there should be a tiny pause between the name of the poem and the name of the author, it sounds like I have edited the space out, but I haven't. I would greatly appreciate assistance with this issue! If it makes a difference, I am using Audacity on a Windows computer with a USB mic.
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/lovesongs_97_currie_128kb.mp3 (1:03)
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi there!

Is what you sent how your recording sounds after you recorded it or after you have edited it? I am a little confused - so for example, at .02 when you say "by George..." it comes immediately after the title of the poem. Did you pause when you were recording and then edit out the pause or did the software just truncate the blank space?

Did you run anything from the Effects menu on the recording such as Noise Reduction or Amplify?

I can probably help you if you can give me a bit more information please :)

Lynda
lpeders

Post by lpeders »

Thanks Lynda, I think the software is truncating (better word than I used!). I am pausing between title and author, and I have edited the file that was uploaded, but the truncating occurs even before I edit. Sometimes it clips off the end of a word and sometimes it clips out space between words. I did run Noise Reduction and Amplify but the truncation of the pause between title and author was evident even before editing. You know, now that I type this I am realizing it always happens during my introduction to the reading. Is it possible there is some setting that is causing a disruption early on in the recording?
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi I am answering you from my phone where I do not have Audacity to look at. There is a forum if you go to the main page of librivox - click Board Index on upper left corner to ask technical questions. I would as that question on that form. Nothing comes to my mind that would be a setting I have run into during my recording sessions. The only thing i can think of is you have something checked when you are noise cleaning or amplifying.

Lynda
lpeders

Post by lpeders »

Thanks Lynda, I'll try there. I appreciate your time!
ellies

Post by ellies »

Hi I would like to claim the following please! 34, 35, 37, 40, 42, and 44-47
thanks
ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
lpeders

Post by lpeders »

GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

GregGiordano wrote: September 20th, 2018, 6:41 pm May I claim the following Sections: 46, 47, 71, 72, 74 & 75.

Thanks!

Greg
Just a reminder that I put this request in a few days ago.

Thanks!

Greg
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

Hello, and I'm back. Sorry for the delay.

Section 32 is missing the small intro.
Section 33 has a volume of 92.7. It should be 86 to 92 for standard.

Very nice reading overall though.
Last edited by terrybenn on September 23rd, 2018, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

Sections 24 - 31 are PL ok.

Lovely reading as always, Greg.

T
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

Section 36 has a strong hum in the background. I'd suggest cleaning the file to see if that removes it.
There is also strong pops and sibilants throughout. A pop filter should take care of that.

T.
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

terrybenn wrote: September 23rd, 2018, 9:24 pm Sections 24 - 31 are PL ok.

Lovely reading as always, Greg.

T
Thank you, TerryBenn! I appreciate the kind comment!

Take care,

Greg
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

Okay, sections 79 to 83 are next.

Good reading. I might suggest use of some baffling in future to remove the tinny, echoey sound to the recordings. Just a suggestion.

79 and 80 are PL OK

81 :42 ...prove my one grand... should be ...prove by one grand... Not such a big deal in prose, but we're to note these things in poetry.

82 and 83 are PL OK.

T
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

With these next 2 we're caught up.

Sections 84 and 91. There is a roaring sound around the words. I'd suggest cleaning the file to see if that helps. You also might try some baffling around the mic or in front of your desk area. It might be reflected sound as well. Its a good reading, but the noise is making it difficult to listen to.

T
ellies

Post by ellies »

ellies wrote: September 22nd, 2018, 12:07 am Hi I would like to claim the following please! 34, 35, 37, 40, 42, and 44-45
thanks
ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018