[COMPLETE] My Favorite Fairy Tales - phil

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Samantha,
I really enjoyed your reading of Cinderella. You did a great job on section 3. The only correction needed it the volume. The file is at 78.6dB. We aim for 89dB with an allowable range of 86-92dB. Please amplify. Post in the thread if you have any questions on how to do that. :thumbs:
Last edited by linny on August 4th, 2018, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linny

Post by linny »

Voxandis,
You did a lovely job with section 14. PL OK! :thumbs:
Voxandis

Post by Voxandis »

linny wrote: August 4th, 2018, 7:08 am Voxandis,
You did a lovely job with section 14. PL OK! :thumbs:
Oh my goodness yay!! Thank you. So, just to make sure, there's nothing else I need to do here right? I can go join another book?
:D I'm looking for feedback on my recordings, especially on storytelling and character voices (but any feedback is welcome, I'm here to learn!). My recent contributions:

Fairytale: Tufty Riquet

Play: The Dream, role of Wovelreid: Act II, III
linny

Post by linny »

Correct. Enjoy your time at LV! I look forward to seeing you around in the forums. :thumbs:
Voxandis

Post by Voxandis »

linny wrote: August 4th, 2018, 7:23 am Correct. Enjoy your time at LV! I look forward to seeing you around in the forums. :thumbs:
Thank you! Did you have any feedback on creativity, enunciation, or other ways I can make future recordings better? I feel like maybe they need to be more engaging somehow. Thoughts?
:D I'm looking for feedback on my recordings, especially on storytelling and character voices (but any feedback is welcome, I'm here to learn!). My recent contributions:

Fairytale: Tufty Riquet

Play: The Dream, role of Wovelreid: Act II, III
linny

Post by linny »

Sent PM.
sena2014

Post by sena2014 »

linny

Post by linny »

Samantha,
Chapter 3 is spot check PL OK! :thumbs:
Barrettgps

Post by Barrettgps »

The link for Princess Goldenhair: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/princess_goldenhair2.mp3

So I'm still new to this.. let me know if there is anything else I need to do! :D :thumbs:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Barrettgps wrote: August 7th, 2018, 3:52 pm The link for Princess Goldenhair: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/princess_goldenhair2.mp3

So I'm still new to this.. let me know if there is anything else I need to do! :D :thumbs:
Yes, there are many little things to learn but they come quickly, I promise. When submitting a file, it needs to be saved in a certain format, in this case
mybookoffavoritefairytales_04_vredenburg_128kb.mp3

You will note that every project tells how this is to be. Look in the first post and it will like like this:
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
mybookoffavoritefairytales_##_vredenburg_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. mybookoffavoritefairytales_01_vredenburg_128kb.mp3)

So ... please export that file again with the file name like that, upload it andpost the link in the thread just like you did. Every project follow this format. :D
Please ask if anything is confusing about this, we will help you.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Barrettgps

Post by Barrettgps »

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
linny

Post by linny »

I'm sorry but this file only has a length of 1:25.
Barrettgps

Post by Barrettgps »

linny wrote: August 8th, 2018, 11:52 am
I'm sorry but this file only has a length of 1:25.
Whoops! I'm not sure what happened there 🤦‍♀️ but I fixed it and the extra mp3 at the end as well.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/mybookoffavoritefairytales_04_vredenburg_128kb.mp3
linny

Post by linny »

Barrettgps,
You did a really nice job on chapter 4.

Two items need to be corrected.

The volume is too loud at 95.4dB. We aim for 89dB with an allowable range of 86-92dB. Based on your waves I would recommend compression instead of a straight change in amplification. In case you don’t know how to do that here is a video for Audacity.

Ending silence is missing. Please add ~5 seconds of silence. (Copy, paste, paste, paste, from another spot in the recording is an easy way to do it.)

Please ask if you have any questions.