[COMPLETE][FULL] World's Story 3: Egypt, Africa, Arabia - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
grs2905

Post by grs2905 »

DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Sonia:

Here is the link to Section 15. Its duration is 15:23.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_015_tappan_128kb.mp3

Side note--I was able to locate Sinuhe at Hathi Trust. Will be adding it to the Short Non fiction collection. The book is mostly translation (with the complete translation at the end). I know you are interested in ancient languages. If you would like the link for it, I'd be happy to provide it.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Sonia,
I am pasting the section that I have been working on. Please do let me know if there are any changes that I may need to make.
Some of the words might be incorrectly pronounced, though I did my best. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_050_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 15:10
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Congratulations to your first section, Nella :clap:
Nella wrote: July 7th, 2018, 7:19 am Here is the link for section 77 (South Africa - Historical Note).
Duration = 1:53
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldhistory_volume03_077_tappan_128kb.mp3
I hope the recording is a bit ok. I'm new to this and experimenting so any feedback (technical, speech,..) is definitely welcome.
the recording is more than ok and it is PL ok on the first go :thumbs: You had everything correct in the short disclaimer and the text itself is very agreeably narrated. I love your quiet tone of voice and your diction is absolutely well understandable for listeners. Nothing you need to change there.

The only thing that you did wrong is the file-name. The best thing is always to copy/paste the example in the first post: worldstory_volume03_###_tappan_128kb and simply replace the ## with your section number. Then you cannot make an error. As you can see, it should be worldSTORY, not worldHIStory. But: as you have no other errors, you do not have to reupload again, I can change the file name in my project folder. Your section is ok as it is. :)

Excellent job, and I hope I hear more from you soon. :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DrPGould wrote:Sonia:
Here is the link to Section 15. Its duration is 15:23.
Side note--I was able to locate Sinuhe at Hathi Trust. Will be adding it to the Short Non fiction collection. The book is mostly translation (with the complete translation at the end). I know you are interested in ancient languages. If you would like the link for it, I'd be happy to provide it.
Many thanks,
Philip
adr6090 wrote:Hello Sonia,
I am pasting the section that I have been working on. Please do let me know if there are any changes that I may need to make.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_050_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 15:10
Thank you, Graham, Philip and April ! I have updated the MW with your contributions for now on, but I cannot promise that I get around to checking them today still. But I will get to them tomorrow at the latest. Thank you for your patience. :D

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jim, here is one of my sections again. But as always, no hurry to PL...enjoy your holidays first. It'll be here waiting for when you come back. :)

A crash-course in Egyptian painting technique:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_005_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 5:58 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

grs2905 wrote: July 7th, 2018, 7:28 am Section 44:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_044_tappan_128kb.mp3 (17:46).
GRS
all right, Graham, I just listened and highly enjoyed your narrative of the siege of Khartoum. Wow, usually I am not that much interested in war tactics but you made it sound so lively and interesting that I was riveted throughout the story. Poor General Gordon, his situation was hopeless almost from the start and the extreme tragedy of being killed just a few days before the relief army came was heart-breaking. :(

Excellently done, thank you so much. :9: This is totally PL ok and I hope to hear more from you (in this project or in the next ones of this series).

Sonia
Nella

Post by Nella »

Kitty wrote: July 8th, 2018, 12:46 am Congratulations to your first section, Nella :clap:

the recording is more than ok and it is PL ok on the first go :thumbs: You had everything correct in the short disclaimer and the text itself is very agreeably narrated. I love your quiet tone of voice and your diction is absolutely well understandable for listeners. Nothing you need to change there.

The only thing that you did wrong is the file-name. The best thing is always to copy/paste the example in the first post: worldstory_volume03_###_tappan_128kb and simply replace the ## with your section number. Then you cannot make an error. As you can see, it should be worldSTORY, not worldHIStory. But: as you have no other errors, you do not have to reupload again, I can change the file name in my project folder. Your section is ok as it is. :)

Excellent job, and I hope I hear more from you soon. :9:

Sonia
Thank you very much for the feedback! I'll make sure to copy and better check file names in the future.

Nella
grs2905

Post by grs2905 »

Kitty wrote: July 8th, 2018, 9:35 am
grs2905 wrote: July 7th, 2018, 7:28 am Section 44:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_044_tappan_128kb.mp3 (17:46).
GRS
all right, Graham, I just listened and highly enjoyed your narrative of the siege of Khartoum. Wow, usually I am not that much interested in war tactics but you made it sound so lively and interesting that I was riveted throughout the story. Poor General Gordon, his situation was hopeless almost from the start and the extreme tragedy of being killed just a few days before the relief army came was heart-breaking. :(

Excellently done, thank you so much. :9: This is totally PL ok and I hope to hear more from you (in this project or in the next ones of this series).

Sonia
Thank you. Sonia, glad you liked it. I'll have a go at s.53 ('How the Barbary pirates learned to respect the American flag') next, please.

GRS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

grs2905 wrote: July 8th, 2018, 11:12 am Thank you. Sonia, glad you liked it. I'll have a go at s.53 ('How the Barbary pirates learned to respect the American flag') next, please.
of course, sure ! Thank you so much. Looking forward to this section. :)

Sonia
grs2905

Post by grs2905 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DrPGould wrote: July 7th, 2018, 1:25 pm Here is the link to Section 15. Its duration is 15:23.
finally, I had some time to listen to your section, Philip. Very interesting, but this story sounds very familiar to me. I think I must have heard or read it somewhere already. Excellently narrated, in any case and PL ok.
I will have a look in the non-fiction collection as soon as it's uploaded :) Thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: July 7th, 2018, 4:30 pm I am pasting the section that I have been working on. Please do let me know if there are any changes that I may need to make.
:shock: woah, the names of all these peoples were really a feat ! Very well done, April. No errors at all and the text was engagingly narrated. PL ok immediately. And you officially brought us to the 50% completed mark for this project :clap: Thanks for that !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow you're so quick, Graham. And another flawless narration. Totally PL ok. :thumbs:

Yet another tragedy. The sinking of the ship just when the soldiers were freed from emprisonment. How sad :(

Thanks !

Sonia