[COMPLETE] World's Story 2: India, Persia, Mesopotamia, Palestine - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

109 is :thumbs: Is this the beginning of the Crusades?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

109 is :thumbs: Is this the beginning of the Crusades?
thank you, Jim :9: yes, indeed, this public speech was the beginning of the crusades. I already knew about this, but hadn't read about it in detail yet until now. I can understand that such a fervent speech would rouse many adventure-hungry people to take up arms. It only takes a charismatic figure to lead them on, unfortunately. :(
neecheelok70 wrote: April 8th, 2018, 5:52 pm Here is Section 61:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_061_tappan_128kb.mp3 43.38 KB
and meanwhile, I also listened to your lengthy section. In the beginning, the author lost himself in a bit of a long description about the several oracles :lol: and I immediately knew one should never trust too much in the oracle's prediction. ;) there is always a catch somewhere. The story was quite interesting, one I hadn't known yet. Thanks for the great narrative. Really good job and totally PL ok.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I decided to assign another section to myself. Being interested in old extinct languages, I'd like to read the chapter 87. How the Chaldaeans wrote books. :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

You are such a rabble-rouser, aren't you! :shock: Thanks for your patience with my reading--some unevenness here and there. Yours, Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: April 9th, 2018, 5:05 am You are such a rabble-rouser, aren't you! :shock:
:? I sincerely hope you don't mean that I am inciting anybody to a war ! I'm much too peace-loving for that.

The only quests I would rouse people up to is to read interesting sections for LV :9:

Sonia
yaelh

Post by yaelh »

Hi Sonia,

Can I please claim sections 80-82?

Thanks, :D
yael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yaelh wrote: April 9th, 2018, 1:56 pm Can I please claim sections 80-82?
hey, Yael, of course you can. :9: Looking forward to your next sections. :D I'll sign you up. Have fun !

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_056_tappan_128kbps.mp3 time 14:24

Hello Sonia,
Here is chapter 056.

Were times that much different than now, in war torn areas?
Gets a person thinking that wars and the accompanying strife will be around for a very long time.
It has me feeling a touch more melancholy than usual.
Life can have that effect, I do suppose.
April
Last edited by adr6090 on April 9th, 2018, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Hi.
Section 97 The Fall of Babylon, please?
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

realisticspeakers wrote: April 9th, 2018, 4:09 pm Section 97 The Fall of Babylon, please?
thank you for also taking part in this volume :9: I'll sign you up. Have fun with this (surely dramatic) chapter. :mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oops, I almost missed this post, April ! Thanks for your section. I try to PL today still, but want to record some of my own sections first.
adr6090 wrote: April 9th, 2018, 3:03 pmWere times that much different than now, in war torn areas?
Gets a person thinking that wars and the accompanying strife will be around for a very long time.
yes I totally understand your feeling. :( why can't we all live together happily ? Luckily, LV is a haven from strife. :9:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Peace, Sonia. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: April 9th, 2018, 3:03 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_056_tappan_128kbps.mp3 time 14:24
Here is chapter 056.
finally got to listening to your section, April. Tragic death at the top of the hill :( I found some photographs by John Burke online, but not the one that is mentioned in this text. Maybe it has not survived over all these years.

But, your section has been flawless and I can mark it PL ok immediately. Good job, April !

Just one question: from the beginning till the end of the intro disclaimer (so: up to 0:38) there is a sort of rumbling background noise, which luckily stops when the chapter starts. I was just wondering whether you recorded that part in another room ? :hmm: no need to change it for this section though, as it really only affects the intro.

Thanks

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: April 10th, 2018, 1:04 am oops, I almost missed this post, April ! Thanks for your section. I try to PL today still, but want to record some of my own sections first.
adr6090 wrote: April 9th, 2018, 3:03 pmWere times that much different than now, in war torn areas?
yes I totally understand your feeling. :( why can't we all live together happily ? Luckily, LV is a haven from strife. :9:

Sonia
I thought my statement would not be taken in a negative fashion. Thank you,
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: April 10th, 2018, 6:41 am
adr6090 wrote: April 9th, 2018, 3:03 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_056_tappan_128kbps.mp3 time 14:24
Here is chapter 056.
finally got to listening to your section, April. Tragic death at the top of the hill :( I found some photographs by John Burke online, but not the one that is mentioned in this text. Maybe it has not survived over all these years.

But, your section has been flawless and I can mark it PL ok immediately. Good job, April !

Just one question: from the beginning till the end of the intro disclaimer (so: up to 0:38) there is a sort of rumbling background noise, which luckily stops when the chapter starts. I was just wondering whether you recorded that part in another room ? :hmm: no need to change it for this section though, as it really only affects the intro.

Thanks

Sonia
Sonia,
Photos online though of course not the one you thought may have been online.
I imagine it was a photo of "the hill of bones" you were looking for?
Possibly it has not survived all those years.
Thank you for the pl okay.

I did relisten to the intro and it was not recorded in a different room. I see the time frame you had mentioned also has a thicker base line than the following sections. I can record it over, if you would like for me to. Let me know. :)

April