:D Happy to be your DPL. :thumbs:
Just have to shake the dust off my hula skirt. :wink:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
ObscureReference

Post by ObscureReference »

Hello! I am a new volunteer, and would like to claim section 22. I will have my test recording Saturday, and once I get the community ok I'll start the recording.

I would like to be attributed as Michael Beebe.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

HZFerr wrote: March 11th, 2018, 8:37 pm :D Happy to be your DPL. :thumbs:
Just have to shake the dust off my hula skirt. :wink:
And figure out what I said to you a couple of messages back :)

Ha, ha - Lynda (who should be in Africa - I know....)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ObscureReference wrote: March 11th, 2018, 9:40 pm Hello! I am a new volunteer, and would like to claim section 22. I will have my test recording Saturday, and once I get the community ok I'll start the recording.

I would like to be attributed as Michael Beebe.
Hi and Welcome!
I will add you to the catalog and assign that section. Once you have the OK, you'll be ready to start. Please be sure to read the first post. It has all the information you need, but if you have questions, please ask.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Lynne and Helen -

Here is my first recording -

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/legendsandmythsofhawaii_27_kalakaua_128kb.mp3 - 12:03

Have a good day!

Lynda
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Lmnei wrote: March 20th, 2018, 12:19 pm Hi Lynne and Helen -

Here is my first recording -

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/legendsandmythsofhawaii_27_kalakaua_128kb.mp3 - 12:03

Have a good day!

Lynda
Thank you
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 27 The Tomb of Puupehe.
PL OK

Good but very tragic. :cry:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
Tamzie

Post by Tamzie »

Hello!! I need extension of days to record. I am stuck with some unavoidable circumstances. Please let me know if you can extend the time limit. Thank you
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Tamzie - all the sections have not been assigned yet, so there is not a lot of pressure to get your reading done immediately. You have 1-2 months like it says at the top to get your selection read. I think Lynne would not mind if it took you a few more days to complete your reading. :)

I have several readings also that need to get done and I am at the 1 month mark too. Some of the Hawaiian names are hard to pronounce so it is taking longer to get mine done also as I am having to pre-read all my sections to make sure I do not run into a word I cannot pronounce when recording. I am sure that is happening to you too.

I am sure Lynne will correct me if I am interpreting her deadline incorrectly...

Have a great day!

Lynda
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Tamzie wrote: March 23rd, 2018, 3:28 am Hello!! I need extension of days to record. I am stuck with some unavoidable circumstances. Please let me know if you can extend the time limit. Thank you
The default is 2 months, so you would get til April 26 without an extension... but I appreciate you reaching out in plenty of time :thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Lmnei wrote: March 23rd, 2018, 6:58 am Tamzie - all the sections have not been assigned yet, so there is not a lot of pressure to get your reading done immediately. You have 1-2 months like it says at the top to get your selection read. I think Lynne would not mind if it took you a few more days to complete your reading. :)

I have several readings also that need to get done and I am at the 1 month mark too. Some of the Hawaiian names are hard to pronounce so it is taking longer to get mine done also as I am having to pre-read all my sections to make sure I do not run into a word I cannot pronounce when recording. I am sure that is happening to you too.

I am sure Lynne will correct me if I am interpreting her deadline incorrectly...

Have a great day!

Lynda
:thumbs:
Just let me know if you need more time, too.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Lmnei wrote: March 24th, 2018, 4:18 pm Aloha Lynne and Helen!

Here are some recordings for you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/legendsandmythsofhawaii_31_kalakaua_128kb.mp3 - 22:38
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/legendsandmythsofhawaii_32_kalakaua_128kb.mp3 - 38:06

Have a good evening!

Lynda
Thank you
gloriak

Post by gloriak »

Hi Lynne,

I am reading some chapters that have been split into multiple sections. What should I say after the sections that are not at the end of the chapter?

Thanks much,
Gloria
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

gloriak wrote: March 25th, 2018, 2:31 pm Hi Lynne,

I am reading some chapters that have been split into multiple sections. What should I say after the sections that are not at the end of the chapter?

Thanks much,
Gloria
There are no rules on this. I would say "End of Chapter 1, Part 1" and then for the next section "Chapter 1, Part 2". Some people say "end of section". The main thing is to make it clear it is the end of one section and the beginning of the next.