[Complete] Fairy Tales from Gold Lands Vol. 2 by M. Wentworth - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

memarsh wrote: January 25th, 2018, 11:08 am I'd like to claim section 10, Lazarus and Bummer.

This will be my first recording! I'd like to be credited as "Mariah Martin Shein".
Hi and welcome!
I see you have had your one minute test OKd :thumbs:
I have added you to the catalog. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your personal catalog page.
Please read the first post before recording, and note the special instructions for the last chapter in a book. If you have questions, please ask.
Lynne
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 2 Golden Snow

PL OK

Note:

Tim, you are something else. I present you with the "Dancing Banana" award (better than an Oscar). Keep "on a" recording!

Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
Vivi

Post by Vivi »

May I claim section 1: The Little Lace-Maker?

My name is Vivi. As a newbie here, I feel excited and a little nervous. I may be slow since this is my first task, but I'll finish it within two months for sure. Thanks in advance for your patience. :)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Vivi wrote: January 26th, 2018, 10:45 am May I claim section 1: The Little Lace-Maker?

My name is Vivi. As a newbie here, I feel excited and a little nervous. I may be slow since this is my first task, but I'll finish it within two months for sure. Thanks in advance for your patience. :)
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
myty1022

Post by myty1022 »

Hello,

I am a newbie and I would like to claim #6. The Wishing Cap. :)
Last edited by myty1022 on January 26th, 2018, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

myty1022 wrote: January 26th, 2018, 2:08 pm Hello,

I am a newbie and I would like to claim #6. The Wishing Cap. :)
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Jedanjo

Post by Jedanjo »

HZFerr wrote: January 26th, 2018, 8:47 am sect 2 Golden Snow

PL OK

Note:

Tim, you are something else. I present you with the "Dancing Banana" award (better than an Oscar). Keep "on a" recording!

*blushes* Awwww shucks, thank you oh so kindly :9:
Vivi

Post by Vivi »

Hi Lynne,thanks for the reply. I've uploaded the one minute test last week, but I don't know where to see the feedback. I wonder if I'll get a private message about it. :help:
Lynnet wrote: January 26th, 2018, 1:41 pm
Vivi wrote: January 26th, 2018, 10:45 am May I claim section 1: The Little Lace-Maker?

You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Lynne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Vivi wrote: January 28th, 2018, 9:05 am Hi Lynne,thanks for the reply. I've uploaded the one minute test last week, but I don't know where to see the feedback. I wonder if I'll get a private message about it. :help:
Lynnet wrote: January 26th, 2018, 1:41 pm

Lynne
You should get a response in the Listeners Wanted thread. Not usually done by PM. I'll head over there and see what I can do :D

Edit: where did you post it? You have 3 posts: 2 in this thread and one in "Introduce yourself".
Once you have uploaded to the test folder, you need to copy and paste the URL into a post in the Listeners Wanted thread, with a catchy title, such as "My one minute test". It's a good idea to mention what equipment/recording software you are using. Someone will come along and listen, run some technical tests and give you feedback. They will post it as a response to your post.
memarsh

Post by memarsh »

Does anyone have tips on how to read slower? The feedback I've been getting is that I'm reading too fast, but I don't know how to make it sound natural when I read slowly.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

memarsh wrote: February 1st, 2018, 12:15 pm Does anyone have tips on how to read slower? The feedback I've been getting is that I'm reading too fast, but I don't know how to make it sound natural when I read slowly.
A lot of readers fall into the same trap, and most don't get that feedback (or, if they do, they ignore it :roll: ). Really, it takes practice and conscious thought. Remember it's about the journey, not the destination. You could try imagining you're speaking to someone who doesn't understand English unless the words are well separated... but the risk is sounding choppy. Remember to breathe and take time to enjoy the words.

The problems with reading too fast are:
a) You run out of breath in the mad dash to get to the end of the sentence.
b) Listeners can't keep up with you... you are already on what Jane found when she got there, while listeners are still on why she went in the first place.
c) You will put less expression into your reading... and a monotone can be very soporific (great for a bedtime story, not so great if you're listening while driving, as I do :shock: )

A lot of older texts lack punctuation to help, so make sure you think about the words and mentally add commas where you think there should be one. I often find myself re-reading a sentence 2 or 3 times to get the pacing and expression how I want it. But basically, it comes down to practice, practice, practice.
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

Happy Valentine's day
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
eabitterman

Post by eabitterman »

Hi. Section 8 (Snowdrop and Rosebud) uploaded.

19:03

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/goldlands_08_wentworth_128kb.mp3
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

eabitterman wrote: February 20th, 2018, 11:11 pm Hi. Section 8 (Snowdrop and Rosebud) uploaded.

19:03

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/goldlands_08_wentworth_128kb.mp3
Thank you -- but please clarify: is it section 8 (Crimson Tuft part 2) or section 9 (Snowdrop and Rosebud)?
eabitterman

Post by eabitterman »

It is snowdrop and rosebud.