[Complete] Coffee Break Collection 014 - New Beginnings - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

In regard to Section 4 I think Envoi is another poem It is listed as being on another page. it does concern the roach but I think what I read can stand alone.

Betty
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Philip, Uncle Richard should be OK now.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Lynne:

Uncle Richard is better than OK, he's PL-OK! What a delightful story (and very nicely read, too)!

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Betty:

I don't mean to quibble, but the term "Envoi" is sometimes used in words of prose as the word "Coda" is used in music--something tacked on to the end of a poem or story. It does not appear separately in the Table of Contents to the volume you read from, as it would if it were a stand alone work.

I have also looked at other printings of this poem, and in those cases, the Envoi section appears as part of the poem, and is not in the Table of Contents or Index as a separate work.

I appreciate your reading.

Many thanks,

Philip
lannonx23

Post by lannonx23 »

Lynnet wrote: Hi Mindle (what a great name!)
Welcome to librivox! We have a shortage of proof listeners, so if that is your niche, great!
I do suggest you read http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?titl ... -listeners before you begin. And although a DPL would be great, starting slowly by PLing one or two sections is a great way to get started and would be a big help.
This project requires standard proof listening, so there is no need to read along with the text. You are listening for stumbles and repeats. Just post in this thread if you notice anything (with the time so the error can be quickly located and corrected) or if it is PL OK.
Thanks, Lynnet! I've gone through the guide and took the quiz, and I think I'm ready to PL. Thanks for setting aside section 2 for me!

Speaking of, I believe section 2 is PL OK! The silence at the end of the file is only 4.33 seconds long (not the full five, but very close). Is this a problem? How strict are we on the full 5 seconds of silence? I enjoyed both the story and the reading. Well done, Algy Pug!
DrPGould wrote:Absolutely fine. (If I find a section to read, maybe she'll PL-it too.) If she'd rather stay on...thats ok too (in short--I'm flexible).
Philip
I'd be happy to PL any sections you read, DrPGould! That'll help give me some more practice. Thanks for letting me PL section 2!

Just FYI, I'm a guy. I realize my name doesn't make that clear. ;)

Thanks again!
-Mindle Hastings
Catalog Page
lannonx23

Post by lannonx23 »

lannonx23 wrote: Just FYI, I'm a guy. I realize my name doesn't make that clear. ;)
Ack! I just realized my catalog page lists me as MINDIE, not MINDLE! That would certainly cause confusion. I'll see if someone can correct that for me. :P
-Mindle Hastings
Catalog Page
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

lannonx23 wrote:
Lynnet wrote: Hi Mindle (what a great name!)
Welcome to librivox! We have a shortage of proof listeners, so if that is your niche, great!
I do suggest you read http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?titl ... -listeners before you begin. And although a DPL would be great, starting slowly by PLing one or two sections is a great way to get started and would be a big help.
This project requires standard proof listening, so there is no need to read along with the text. You are listening for stumbles and repeats. Just post in this thread if you notice anything (with the time so the error can be quickly located and corrected) or if it is PL OK.
Thanks, Lynnet! I've gone through the guide and took the quiz, and I think I'm ready to PL. Thanks for setting aside section 2 for me!

Speaking of, I believe section 2 is PL OK! The silence at the end of the file is only 4.33 seconds long (not the full five, but very close). Is this a problem? How strict are we on the full 5 seconds of silence? I enjoyed both the story and the reading. Well done, Algy Pug!
DrPGould wrote:Absolutely fine. (If I find a section to read, maybe she'll PL-it too.) If she'd rather stay on...thats ok too (in short--I'm flexible).
Philip
I'd be happy to PL any sections you read, DrPGould! That'll help give me some more practice. Thanks for letting me PL section 2!

Just FYI, I'm a guy. I realize my name doesn't make that clear. ;)

Thanks again!
Thank you, Mr. Hastings 8-)
I'll mark section 2 as PL OK.
As well as this project, you can look for any with '~' in the title to PL... that's Librivox shorthand for not having a DPL. Most BCs would be happy for you to PL a section or 2 until you get more confident; or you can jump in and offer to DPL. Your choice. Just be aware, not all readers are as competent and experienced as Algy 8-)
Lynne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

lannonx23 wrote:
lannonx23 wrote: Just FYI, I'm a guy. I realize my name doesn't make that clear. ;)
Ack! I just realized my catalog page lists me as MINDIE, not MINDLE! That would certainly cause confusion. I'll see if someone can correct that for me. :P
I should be able to fix that for you.

Edit: done.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Sorry, Mindle. :oops:

Thanks for your PL--great job! I'm still looking for something for this project. If you'd like to PL any of the other sections as they come in, feel free to do so. Just post a note in this thread where I'll see it--so we don't duplicate each other's work.

Philip
lannonx23

Post by lannonx23 »

Lynnet wrote: Thank you, Mr. Hastings 8-)
I'll mark section 2 as PL OK.
As well as this project, you can look for any with '~' in the title to PL... that's Librivox shorthand for not having a DPL. Most BCs would be happy for you to PL a section or 2 until you get more confident; or you can jump in and offer to DPL. Your choice. Just be aware, not all readers are as competent and experienced as Algy 8-)
Lynne
Thanks, Lynne! I really appreciate the guidance!
Lynnet wrote: I should be able to fix that for you.

Edit: done.
Thanks a ton, Lynne! It's nice to have my catalog page come up when I search for my real name now! :D
-Mindle Hastings
Catalog Page
lannonx23

Post by lannonx23 »

DrPGould wrote:Sorry, Mindle. :oops:

Thanks for your PL--great job! I'm still looking for something for this project. If you'd like to PL any of the other sections as they come in, feel free to do so. Just post a note in this thread where I'll see it--so we don't duplicate each other's work.

Philip
Haha, no need to be sorry! Like I said--it's not obvious!

I appreciate you letting me PL sections as I'm able! That'll be great. I'll definitely post to let you know if I'm going to PL a section so we're not both PLing a section simultaneously.
-Mindle Hastings
Catalog Page
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb0 ... _128kb.mp3

Ready for spot PL of additional lines.
Betty
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

BettyB wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb0 ... _128kb.mp3

Ready for spot PL of additional lines.
Betty
Thank you and Happy New Year
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Hi Lynne!

Here is a duet from myself and Eva Davis (bluechien):

Author: Robert Frost (1874-1963)
Title: In the Home Stretch
Text URL: http://www.bartleby.com/119/5.html
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb0 ... _128kb.mp3
Duration: 11:56

Believe it or not, despite having a ton of Frost in the catalog, we don't have this!

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

BettyB:

Section 4 is PL-OK! Perfectly read!

Many thanks,

Philip