[COMPLETE]World's Story 1: China, Japan, Islands of the Pacific - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

moniaqua wrote: January 9th, 2018, 6:47 am Trying very hard to avoid that you run out of work and thus feel bored somehow ;)
haha, thank you for thinking about my well-being :mrgreen:

both sections excellently narrated and without any errors. Interesting story about the tea (or rather opium) party. I didn't know that yet.
Both sections. PL ok
And I had to do that before my accent goes worse with becoming Teague :lol:
oh indeed, Teague has a horrible accent. You are very brave to tackle this role. I'm looking forward to hearing it 8-)

Sonia
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Kitty wrote: January 9th, 2018, 7:36 am You are very brave to tackle this role. I'm looking forward to hearing it 8-)
I still need to practice it a bit 8-) And yes, I feel I am very brave :lol: But well, I love the Ouirish people and Teague has such a wonderful black humor, I'm gonna have fun reading this :thumbs:

edit (seeking my brain that is lost somewhere between some pattern making software or so :roll:
Kitty wrote: January 9th, 2018, 7:36 am both sections excellently narrated and without any errors. Interesting story about the tea (or rather opium) party. I didn't know that yet.
Both sections. PL ok
Thank you :9: I didn't know that either and I am wondering what the fishes though on that mild gift to them?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Devorah, I'll update the MW. But will PL tomorrow morning.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sections 69, 70, and 72 recorded. Must edit.

Thanks, Todd
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellently narrated Section, Devorah. I loved, that you changed your voice a bit, depending whether you read the American or the Chinese letter. :thumbs: Flawless reading, so PL ok.

Thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ColleenMc wrote: January 9th, 2018, 7:38 pm Section 92 is uploaded:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_092_tappan_128kb.mp3
30:29
Colleen
wow, Colleen, thank you, this was a huge chapter (the longest for now). And so beautifully and interestingly narrated :9: Great job, and no errors at all. Perfectly PL ok.

Thank you so much. I liked the story immensely. I can well imagine this would be a popular topic for Japanese mini-series. :D

Sonia
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Thanks!

I was thinking it would make an excellent starting point for a fantasy novel, the way that George R.R. Martin was inspired by the Wars of the Roses.
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ColleenMc wrote:I was thinking it would make an excellent starting point for a fantasy novel, the way that George R.R. Martin was inspired by the Wars of the Roses.
yes totally ! 8-) Maybe it is a bestseller in Japan already and we just don't know about it because it has not been translated yet for our markets.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Jim and Todd :D updating MW for now but will try to PL later in the day

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote:Here is Section 61:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_061_tappan_128kb.mp3 7.58 KB
8:04
had some time to check your section already, Jim. Excellent and flawless yet again :thumbs: Can be marked PL ok. I never heard of the Kalmucks before. This series is really expanding my horizon. :9:

Thanks

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks. Yeah, this was an extraordinary event. Who knew?