COMPLETE [poetry] Songs of the Sea and Lays of the Land by Leland -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 37583
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » December 4th, 2017, 2:37 pm

Thank you sonia!
Carolin

Please help us finish these wonderful projects:
The Romance of Modern Invention by Archibald Williams, The Note-books of Samuel Butler, and Zofloya by Charlotte Dacre!

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11630
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » December 5th, 2017, 12:06 am

Jude1972 wrote:hi Sonia..... well I've listened to that opening sentence again on section 39.... it's a job to tell, so shall I just record that sentence again ?????
well if you think I heard wrong then no, you don't have to record. But I don't hear "aBYSSes" (emphasis on the middle syllable) but APsis (emphasis on the first syllable). But it's up to you. :)

Sonia

Jude1972
Posts: 578
Joined: May 12th, 2015, 10:38 am
Location: Selby, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Post by Jude1972 » December 5th, 2017, 11:14 am

Kitty wrote:
Jude1972 wrote:hi Sonia..... well I've listened to that opening sentence again on section 39.... it's a job to tell, so shall I just record that sentence again ?????
well if you think I heard wrong then no, you don't have to record. But I don't hear "aBYSSes" (emphasis on the middle syllable) but APsis (emphasis on the first syllable). But it's up to you. :)

Sonia


by the time I thought about it I may as well have just recorded that sentence again, so I did..... here it is now....

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/songsoftheseaandlaysoftheland_39_leland_128kb.mp3 (01:55)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11630
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » December 6th, 2017, 12:47 am

Jude1972 wrote:by the time I thought about it I may as well have just recorded that sentence again, so I did..... here it is now....
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/songsoftheseaandlaysoftheland_39_leland_128kb.mp3 (01:55)
soooo well done, Jude :clap: yes, now I hear the correct word ! And there is no difference in sound at all. You are totally getting the hang of editing here. You're a natural. (you did only correct that one sentence, right ? I only spot checked)

Now PL ok. Thanks.

Sonia

Jude1972
Posts: 578
Joined: May 12th, 2015, 10:38 am
Location: Selby, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Post by Jude1972 » December 6th, 2017, 3:58 am

Kitty wrote:
Jude1972 wrote:by the time I thought about it I may as well have just recorded that sentence again, so I did..... here it is now....
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/songsoftheseaandlaysoftheland_39_leland_128kb.mp3 (01:55)
soooo well done, Jude :clap: yes, now I hear the correct word ! And there is no difference in sound at all. You are totally getting the hang of editing here. You're a natural. (you did only correct that one sentence, right ? I only spot checked)

Now PL ok. Thanks.

Sonia

Morning Sonia...yes I just did the opening sentence again....... I am getting the hang of it now!!!

just to say, this poem is my last one for 2017.... I work in the world of retail, and retail and Christmas do NOT mix. I am away seeing pantomimes this weekend, and of course it will be very busy up until Christmas. I will still pop on every so often though. My next recording will be in JANUARY...... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11630
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » December 6th, 2017, 4:17 am

Jude1972 wrote:My next recording will be in JANUARY...... :clap: :clap: :clap:
well I do hope you still get in some few quiet holidays before the New Year. Have fun in the pantomimes and see you next year :mrgreen:

Sonia

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 37583
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » December 7th, 2017, 2:09 pm

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin

Please help us finish these wonderful projects:
The Romance of Modern Invention by Archibald Williams, The Note-books of Samuel Butler, and Zofloya by Charlotte Dacre!

Jude1972
Posts: 578
Joined: May 12th, 2015, 10:38 am
Location: Selby, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Post by Jude1972 » December 7th, 2017, 2:56 pm

Kitty wrote:
Jude1972 wrote:My next recording will be in JANUARY...... :clap: :clap: :clap:
well I do hope you still get in some few quiet holidays before the New Year. Have fun in the pantomimes and see you next year :mrgreen:

Sonia

thank you Sonia and Carolin.... I will pop on once every so often though during my Christmas break....

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11630
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » December 27th, 2017, 1:56 pm

Carolin, I just saw there is one poem entirely in Italian, I can read that one if you don't mind PLing it :) And I can also take the English translation.

10 La Bella Strega
11 The Beautiful Witch

Sonia

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 37583
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » December 29th, 2017, 2:15 am

Thank you sonia :D
Carolin

Please help us finish these wonderful projects:
The Romance of Modern Invention by Archibald Williams, The Note-books of Samuel Butler, and Zofloya by Charlotte Dacre!

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11630
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » December 29th, 2017, 3:20 am

Here they are. It was fun practicing a bit of Italian again :9: and the poem is so easy, one can even understand the gist of it without speaking the lingo. I'd suggest you listen to the English first, it's an accurate translation and it will give you an idea what the poem is about.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/so ... _128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:39 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/so ... _128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:41 min.

Sonia

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 37583
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » December 29th, 2017, 12:53 pm

Thank you sonia :D
Carolin

Please help us finish these wonderful projects:
The Romance of Modern Invention by Archibald Williams, The Note-books of Samuel Butler, and Zofloya by Charlotte Dacre!

zgorelick
Posts: 14
Joined: April 29th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Post by zgorelick » December 31st, 2017, 11:40 am

Hi, I'd love to do #8 and #16 to start - potentially more, but I'll start with these.

Thanks!

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 37583
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » January 1st, 2018, 10:37 am

Thank you :D
Carolin

Please help us finish these wonderful projects:
The Romance of Modern Invention by Archibald Williams, The Note-books of Samuel Butler, and Zofloya by Charlotte Dacre!

zgorelick
Posts: 14
Joined: April 29th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Post by zgorelick » January 5th, 2018, 3:31 pm

Uploaded #8. Duration: 02:24.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/songsoftheseaandlaysoftheland_08_leland_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if I need to adjust any settings before I record the next sections, or if I need to re-record this one. Thanks!

Post Reply