COMPLETE[POETRY] Challenge by Louis Untermeyer-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply

DrPGould
Posts: 2797
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » November 6th, 2017, 9:20 am

Wolfgang:

Section 30 is PL-OK! Nicely done! :clap:

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

DrPGould
Posts: 2797
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » November 6th, 2017, 9:21 am

Nemo:

Sections 31, 32, and 36 are PL-OK! Well done! :clap:

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

aniroo
Posts: 596
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » November 6th, 2017, 10:15 am

I would like to claim sections 29 and 39, please

aniroo
aniroo

silverquill
Posts: 7829
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 6th, 2017, 10:29 am

aniroo wrote:I would like to claim sections 29 and 39, please

aniroo
Thanks, your'e in.

becevka
Posts: 33
Joined: July 24th, 2017, 9:44 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Post by becevka » November 6th, 2017, 2:09 pm

silverquill wrote:
aniroo wrote:I would like to claim sections 29 and 39, please

aniroo
Thanks, your'e in.
Larry:

In MV you've assigned aniroo to section 30 instead of 39.

Thanks.
Wolfgang Bas

becevka
Posts: 33
Joined: July 24th, 2017, 9:44 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Post by becevka » November 6th, 2017, 2:10 pm

If I may, I would like to read poem #17 Feuerzauber.

Thanks
Wolfgang Bas

silverquill
Posts: 7829
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 6th, 2017, 10:12 pm

becevka wrote:If I may, I would like to read poem #17 Feuerzauber.

Thanks
I've assigned this one to you. And thanks for the heads-up on my mix-up.

I've put myself in for the last two sections, so we are officially FULL!

bluechien
Posts: 1000
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Location: Laurentia

Post by bluechien » November 7th, 2017, 10:53 pm

Eva D
ond let him not see this, lest he should come home,
and Pinch me, or kill my Squirrel.

bluechien
Posts: 1000
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Location: Laurentia

Post by bluechien » November 7th, 2017, 11:21 pm

Hey, someone just pointed this out to me and I know you will notice this too, but just to save a minute:

"Chopin" is actually the fifth subsection of the Isadora Duncan poem. It's not terribly obvious in the gutenberg but more clear in the image scans over at archive. I didn't notice this was broken out as a separate poem before. Anyway:

https://archive.org/stream/challenge01untegoog#page/n94/mode/2up/search/isadora
Eva D
ond let him not see this, lest he should come home,
and Pinch me, or kill my Squirrel.

silverquill
Posts: 7829
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 7th, 2017, 11:31 pm


silverquill
Posts: 7829
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 7th, 2017, 11:38 pm

bluechien wrote:Hey, someone just pointed this out to me and I know you will notice this too, but just to save a minute:

"Chopin" is actually the fifth subsection of the Isadora Duncan poem. It's not terribly obvious in the gutenberg but more clear in the image scans over at archive. I didn't notice this was broken out as a separate poem before. Anyway:

https://archive.org/stream/challenge01untegoog#page/n94/mode/2up/search/isadora
You are quite right, of course! A careless oversight on my part.
Thank you for catching this and for including it in your reading.
I'll contact the person who recorded this, and then see if Amy can make the necessary adjustments when cataloging, which it looks like not too far in the future!
:9:

DrPGould
Posts: 2797
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » November 8th, 2017, 7:23 am

Eva:

Thanks for two more great readings....just a couple of notes....

In Section 18, the first word "Tossing" is omitted at 0:10.

In Section 34, the Isadore Duncan poem actually ends at 2:08. You read the entirety of section 35 Chopin as well--(for this project, however that section has already been claimed and completed.)

If I may offer a suggestion--when you excise it from section 34 (the outro starts at 3:08) create a new file add the intro and outro and submit it to the short poetry collection--it is very nicely read and I would hate to see your effort wasted.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

aniroo
Posts: 596
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » November 8th, 2017, 9:17 am

aniroo

bluechien
Posts: 1000
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Location: Laurentia

Post by bluechien » November 8th, 2017, 9:20 am

DrPGould wrote:Eva:

Thanks for two more great readings....just a couple of notes....

In Section 18, the first word "Tossing" is omitted at 0:10.
Sorry -- one of my signature editing moves, throwing out bits :oops:

Here it is with the bit back:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/challenge_18_untermeyer_128kb.mp3 1:36
DrPGould wrote: In Section 34, the Isadore Duncan poem actually ends at 2:08. You read the entirety of section 35 Chopin as well--(for this project, however that section has already been claimed and completed.)
Thank you Phil -- please see note above. Untermeyer threw a real curve ball with his section names in this poem, but Chopin actually belongs to Duncan. It's more evident when a person works through the poem but almost invisible if you look at the layout. :(
Eva D
ond let him not see this, lest he should come home,
and Pinch me, or kill my Squirrel.

Post Reply