COMPLETE[POETRY] Challenge by Louis Untermeyer-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
NemoR
Posts: 1224
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Location: Seal Harbor, Maine USA

Post by NemoR » October 5th, 2017, 4:19 pm


DrPGould
Posts: 1216
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm
Location: Sitting quietly in the corner for a little bit.

Post by DrPGould » October 5th, 2017, 8:23 pm

Nemo:

Sections 41, 42, 44 are PL-OK! Well done.

Many thanks,

Philip

aniroo
Posts: 327
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » October 10th, 2017, 9:17 am

I'd like to claim #19, At Kennebunkport


aniroo

silverquill
Posts: 5469
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » October 10th, 2017, 10:16 am

aniroo wrote:I'd like to claim #19, At Kennebunkport


aniroo
Yep, just up the road from here and a beautiful place to hike.

alaaph
Posts: 3
Joined: April 15th, 2017, 1:43 am

Post by alaaph » October 12th, 2017, 5:06 am

Hello,

I have recorded "On the Birth of a child"

Please check it out and give me your feedback

thank you.

Recording length 1.08
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/challenge_Onthebirthofachild_untermeyer_128kb.mp3

silverquill
Posts: 5469
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » October 12th, 2017, 6:41 am

alaaph wrote:Hello,

I have recorded "On the Birth of a child"

Please check it out and give me your feedback

thank you.

Recording length 1.08
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/challenge_Onthebirthofachild_untermeyer_128kb.mp3
Hello. Although I truly appreciate your interest in this project, it is important to follow instructions. Please read the initial post in this thread that explains exactly how things work.

1. If you want to contribute a recording, you should first post a request or "claim" in this forum and wait until you are assigned the requested section(s) before submitting any recording.

2. You must follow the naming format when uploading. This is always given in Point 9 in the introductory post. For this project and section it would be: challenge_04_untermeyer_128kb.mp3

Also make sure you use the correct intro and outro as given in Point 7.

I will treat this as a request for Section 4 and assign it to you. After you upload it, I will proof listen and let you know if there are any changes that need to be made.

(You might also also follow the link to "Newbie Guide to Recording" under Point 2 of the initial post if you need more tips)

aniroo
Posts: 327
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » October 12th, 2017, 9:26 am


aniroo
Posts: 327
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » October 12th, 2017, 9:39 am

I'd like to claim sections 45, 48, 53

Thanks.

aniroo

Stanvax
Posts: 32
Joined: October 7th, 2017, 7:03 am
Location: Derby, UK

Post by Stanvax » October 12th, 2017, 10:28 am

As a newbie - this is my first one after getting the thumbs up on my 1 min test - may I claim 9 please

silverquill
Posts: 5469
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » October 12th, 2017, 9:24 pm

aniroo wrote:I'd like to claim sections 45, 48, 53

Thanks.

aniroo
They are yours, and 19 is Ready for PL
THANKS!

DrPGould
Posts: 1216
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm
Location: Sitting quietly in the corner for a little bit.

Post by DrPGould » October 13th, 2017, 7:00 am

Section 19 is PL-OK! Nicely done!

Many thanks,

Philip

silverquill
Posts: 5469
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » October 13th, 2017, 9:04 pm

Stanvax wrote:As a newbie - this is my first one after getting the thumbs up on my 1 min test - may I claim 9 please
Thank you for your interest, Ken!

Since you are not in the system yet, I just need to know what name you want to use for the LibriVox catalog. This is how you will be credited. Many of us just use are real names, but you can use another pseudonym or user name if you like.

Once I have that, I'll be able create your listing and add you to the project.

Stanvax
Posts: 32
Joined: October 7th, 2017, 7:03 am
Location: Derby, UK

Post by Stanvax » October 14th, 2017, 12:47 am

silverquill wrote:
Stanvax wrote:As a newbie - this is my first one after getting the thumbs up on my 1 min test - may I claim 9 please
Thank you for your interest, Ken!

Since you are not in the system yet, I just need to know what name you want to use for the LibriVox catalog. This is how you will be credited. Many of us just use are real names, but you can use another pseudonym or user name if you like.

Once I have that, I'll be able create your listing and add you to the project.

Please use Ken Davies - thank you - i'm looking forward to my first contribution!

Stanvax
Posts: 32
Joined: October 7th, 2017, 7:03 am
Location: Derby, UK

Post by Stanvax » October 14th, 2017, 1:46 am

Just uploaded section 9 - Duration 1:07

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/challenge_09_untermeyer_128kb.mp3

It's my first - so I hope its up to standard

silverquill
Posts: 5469
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » October 14th, 2017, 6:17 am

Stanvax wrote:Just uploaded section 9 - Duration 1:07

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/challenge_09_untermeyer_128kb.mp3

It's my first - so I hope its up to standard
'

Thanks, Ken. Since this is your first recording I thought I'd go ahead and listen. The only real issue is that the volume is just a bit low. The LV target is 89dB with a range of 86-92 dB. Yours came in at 85.8dB as measured with Checker, a little program written esp. for LibriVox. I also use an Audacity plug in called ReplayGain to check volume when I record. After I've run noise cleaning, it is just a couple of clicks to run it, then I use the Amplify feature in Audacity to adjust the volume up or down to get it close to 89dB. (You can find links to both of these program in the LV wikis).

This is close enough, so I'm marking it PL OK.

The only other observation, other than your fine reading, of course, is that there is a little bit of "hollow room" sound.

I think you're off to an excellent start Ken! :clap:

Post Reply