COMPLETE [fairy tales] The Children's Wonder Book -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you lynda!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

RepublicOfVermont wrote:I would like to help with proof-listening. I can do any sections that still have yet to be claimed. Thank-you. I've read the FAQ but am unable to find any as of yet readings that need proof listening within this collection. Do I simply check back? Any advice would be most appreciated.
Hi and welcome to librivox!

Thank you for offering to hrlp out! At the moment, there arent any sections waiting, but probably some will come in soon. It would be great if you could just watch this thread to see when new sections are submitted :) thank you!
Carolin
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Carolin -

Here is Section 34 - 26:31 - https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/wonderbook_34_various_128kb.mp3

Have a good day!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you!
Carolin
RepublicOfVermont
Location: δtsopiaV0175 (ψ-accessible only), μultiverse ΚΣΔ π^-.9

Post by RepublicOfVermont »

Carolin wrote:
RepublicOfVermont wrote:I would like to help with proof-listening. I can do any sections that still have yet to be claimed. Thank-you. I've read the FAQ but am unable to find any as of yet readings that need proof listening within this collection. Do I simply check back? Any advice would be most appreciated.
Hi and welcome to librivox!

Thank you for offering to hrlp out! At the moment, there arent any sections waiting, but probably some will come in soon. It would be great if you could just watch this thread to see when new sections are submitted :) thank you!

I shall. Thank-you!
WHITE PHOSPHORUS was dropped on Palestine tonight.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

There is a section awaiting pl now if you like :)
Carolin
benderca

Post by benderca »

linny wrote: The volume on section 9 is too high at 93.3dB. We aim for 89dB with an acceptable range or 86-92dB. Instead of a straight decrease of amplification you may want to give compression or leveling a try as it will not lower your low volume areas, e.g. ~4:30. I found to listen comfortably I had to adjust my volume a few times throughout the section.

Ending should be only: “End of Section 9", "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]" Please remove book and story title.

Ending silence needs to be 5 seconds. The 5 second rule ensures your reading isn’t cut off during playback.

Overall, great job! :thumbs:

Since you are new to Audacity here is a video on compression: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKYYj6HMZU
Leveling is Effect>Leveler and then play with the options. The only thing with the leveler is that it applies a bit of noise cleaning as well so you want to be careful you don't end up sounding over processed.
Thanks! I played around with compressing and then amplifying. Please let me know how this version sounds:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/wonderbook_09_various_128kb.mp3 (17:42)

Greetings!
TJ
linny

Post by linny »

Hello TJ,
Section 9 is PL OK! Great job with the corrections.

Thank you for quoting the original PL notes. That makes it so easy. :clap:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin
benderca

Post by benderca »

linny wrote:Hello TJ,
Section 9 is PL OK! Great job with the corrections.

Thank you for quoting the original PL notes. That makes it so easy. :clap:
Yay! Thanks, Linny! My first Librivox recording is PL OK!

TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Carolin wrote:Thank you both :thumbs:
You're very welcome, Carolin!

Quick question: What is the time line on this book? I've been out of the country this whole month and haven't had access to my new (better quality) microphone. Before I left, I finished half of the play. I tried to continue, but it doesn't sound as good. If it fits your time line, I would rather do the remaining two sections when I get back home on September 4th. If that is too late, no problem -- I can just finish it with the microphone I have. (Now that I know how to edit, compress, and amplify, it should go quickly :) ).

TJ
linny

Post by linny »

Lmnei wrote:Hi Carolin -

Here is Section 34 - 26:31 - https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/wonderbook_34_various_128kb.mp3

Have a good day!
Hello Lynda,
I found one small error.

11:39 repeat – which was the usual nursery supper.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you all!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

benderca wrote:Quick question: What is the time line on this book? I've been out of the country this whole month and haven't had access to my new (better quality) microphone. Before I left, I finished half of the play. I tried to continue, but it doesn't sound as good. If it fits your time line, I would rather do the remaining two sections when I get back home on September 4th. If that is too late, no problem -- I can just finish it with the microphone I have. (Now that I know how to edit, compress, and amplify, it should go quickly :) ).
i think the beginning of september is still fine for this project. i suspect that there will also be a couple of orphans still to come up which also usually takes time. so youre fine. thank you!
Carolin
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Carolin -

Here is Section 34 edited - 26:28

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/wonderbook_34_various_128kb.mp3

Have a good day!