No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Colleen.
MaryAnn
Foon

Post by Foon »

I'd like to read a newspaper article in Dutch, dated 11 Nov 1918, announcing the ceasefire.
It is titled "De wapenstilstand geteekend". There is no author listed.

https://www.delpher.nl/nl/kranten/view?coll=ddd&identifier=ddd:010653433:mpeg21%3Ap001&page=1&date=11-11-1918&index=15 (first article on the front page).
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Ricarda,

Your reading of Wir Toten auf Urlaub by Kurt Eisner is PL OK. Sorry it took me so long to listen to such a short section. For German, I must follow along with the text and it took me far longer than it should have to get to this (and the other sections in need of PL).

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Foon wrote: July 14th, 2018, 9:55 am I'd like to read a newspaper article in Dutch, dated 11 Nov 1918, announcing the ceasefire.

https://www.delpher.nl/nl/kranten/view?coll=ddd&identifier=ddd:010653433:mpeg21%3Ap001&page=1&date=11-11-1918&index=15 (first article on the front page).
Foon,

This would be fantastic. This will make a terrific addition to this volume. Would you check the MW to make sure I have spelled the title correctly? We'll use "unknown" for the author on this one. You don't need to say that in the intro, it's just so you know how I've entered it into the catalog.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

schrm,

Militant Pacificism is PL OK. Very well read! Thank you (and apologies to you as well for the long delay in PLing).

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Colleen,
The 14 Points is PL OK. That was interesting! You hear so much about it, but I had never actually read it (or had it read to me).
MaryAnn
schrm

Post by schrm »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: July 20th, 2018, 6:55 pm schrm,

Militant Pacificism is PL OK. Very well read! Thank you (and apologies to you as well for the long delay in PLing).

MaryAnn
morning maryann,

no problem at all :-)

and thank you for your feedback!
i feel like it is hard work for me to read in english - but i do like it, on the other hand.
and when i was successful with three different contriutions, i will keep reading in english, occasionally.

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Colleen,
America's Purpose is also PL OK.
MaryAnn
RiDi

Post by RiDi »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: July 20th, 2018, 6:25 pm Ricarda,

Your reading of Wir Toten auf Urlaub by Kurt Eisner is PL OK. Sorry it took me so long to listen to such a short section. For German, I must follow along with the text and it took me far longer than it should have to get to this (and the other sections in need of PL).

MaryAnn
Never mind, thank you for listening and approving!
Ricarda

Ingenious, really, how many ways muggles have found of getting along without magic. (Arthur Weasley)

My reading list
Foon

Post by Foon »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: July 20th, 2018, 6:32 pm
Foon wrote: July 14th, 2018, 9:55 am I'd like to read a newspaper article in Dutch, dated 11 Nov 1918, announcing the ceasefire.

Foon,

This would be fantastic. This will make a terrific addition to this volume. Would you check the MW to make sure I have spelled the title correctly? We'll use "unknown" for the author on this one. You don't need to say that in the intro, it's just so you know how I've entered it into the catalog.

MaryAnn
Yes, spelled perfectly :thumbs: The official name of the newspaper was "Algemeen Handelsblad", the title "Nieuwe Amsterdamsche Courant" was mostly stylistic (there was also a "Nieuwe Rotterdamsche Courant" in another city at that time), I don't know if that matters though.

In my recording, I've read the name of the newspaper in the intro and ending in place of the author's name. If I need to cut that out/change it, let me know!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/wwi3_wapenstilstandgeteekend_unknown_fh_128kb.mp3
8:48
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Foon.

Please check the following:
4.27-4.35 - repeat?
at 5.20 - you did not read the parenthetical -> (mit Duitschland kunnen we nu etc.). Was this intentional?
6.48-6.53 - repeat?

Would you also please provide a short summary / blurb to describe this piece for the project overview?

Thanks.
MaryAnn