[COMPLETE Group, children, SS] The Wonder Garden - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
angibridges

Post by angibridges »

Hi Katherine,

I will have two more sections uploaded this weekend. I would also like to claim 125, since it is sort of a continuation of the same main character that I have been working on and also 127.

I have enjoyed this project!

Thanks,

Angi
Parrott22

Post by Parrott22 »

Hello,

Please can I claim sections 24 and 25: "The Blush-rose and the Sun" and "How Moss-roses Came".

Thanks
Parrott22

Post by Parrott22 »

Also sorry, a quick question - do you want me to read the bit directly under the title (e.g. "Legend of Paradise" in section 25)?

kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

angibridges wrote:Hi Katherine,

I will have two more sections uploaded this weekend. I would also like to claim 125, since it is sort of a continuation of the same main character that I have been working on and also 127.

I have enjoyed this project!

Thanks,

Angi
All yours, Angi! Thank you for claiming :) I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying this project -- I am certainly enjoying listening :thumbs:
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Parrott22 wrote:Hello,

Please can I claim sections 24 and 25: "The Blush-rose and the Sun" and "How Moss-roses Came".

Thanks
Absolutely! Thanks for claiming :thumbs:
Parrott22 wrote:Also sorry, a quick question - do you want me to read the bit directly under the title (e.g. "Legend of Paradise" in section 25)?

Sorry I didn't get around to answering sooner. Yes please, include the information under the title :)
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

sections 11, 12, 93, 94, and 95 are all very PL OK! thank you for your beautifully read contributions, elizabeth and debbie :9:
Kathrine
Dbrstitch

Post by Dbrstitch »

Nice, light and extremely enjoyable, Kathrine. Thanks.
Debbie

"There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
Denisevt

Post by Denisevt »

Hiya, Wondering if I could claim section 31,32. I read through them and find the book very charming.
I am a new reader but have been cleared for recording after doing a test.

Thanks, Denise
raisedbycats

Post by raisedbycats »

Hi Kathrine, this is my recording for Section 65.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/wondergarden_65_olcott_128kb.mp3

2:22 mins

How do you think? Let me know if you got any tips :) It's my first time doing this.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Denisevt wrote:Hiya, Wondering if I could claim section 31,32. I read through them and find the book very charming.
I am a new reader but have been cleared for recording after doing a test.

Thanks, Denise
Yes, that would be lovely! What name would you like to use in the Librivox catalog? It can be your forumname, your real name, or pretty much anything else :)
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

raisedbycats wrote:Hi Kathrine, this is my recording for Section 65.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/wondergarden_65_olcott_128kb.mp3

2:22 mins

How do you think? Let me know if you got any tips :) It's my first time doing this.
Thank you! I look forward to listening later today. By the way, what name would you like to go by in the catalog? It can be your forum name, your real name or almost anything else. :)
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Well done on your first recording, section 65! :clap: :clap: You have a soothing voice, sounds great.

I have a suggestion for improvement in the recording and one thing to be aware of going forward. My suggestion for improvement is to get rid of some background white noise. Especially in the first 30 seconds there is a fair bit of room noise. It is easy to clean some of it away using Audacity. Select a few seconds of background noise only (no speech) (for instance from the very end of the recording) and click Effect | Noise Reduction | Get Profile. Then select the whole recording (Ctrl+A), click Effect | Noise Reduction again, and use settings:

Noise Reduction: 10 dB
Sensitivity: 6
Frequency smoothing (bands) 6

and click OK.
It should help!

Please see if you get a cleaner result, save with the same name, upload and post again in this thread.

The thing to keep in mind for later is input volume. (By the way, the volume of this section is great. :thumbs: ) If the input volume is too high, the blue squiggles in the Audacity window get "squashed" at the to and bottom, where they hit the wall (so to speak). This causes what we call clipping. There are a very few, short examples of this in your recording (for instance at 00:49 "while she was playing"). When you record, I think it is best if the input volume is a little bit lower, even if that means you have to amplify the recording afterward (just make sure you don't check the box that says "Allow Clipping" when amplifying). Anyway, I would not worry about it for this recording, because the instances are so few and short. Please rest assured you've done a good job and produced a very nice first recording!

(Please let me know if I'm talking gibberish, and I'll explain more...)
Kathrine
Parrott22

Post by Parrott22 »

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for answering my question. Here's sections 24 (1:20) and 25 (1:13) for you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/wondergarden_024_olcott_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/wondergarden_025_olcott_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Hannah
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you, Hannah :thumbs:
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Sections 24 and 25 are both PL OK! Very nicely read -- ah, what a lovely accent you have :9:
Kathrine