kianeg

Post by kianeg »

kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you!
Kathrine
AbbyJay

Post by AbbyJay »

Can I relinquish my claim on section 87? I have had a lot come up recently and I think I had better let someone else go ahead and do this section.

Thank you.
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phil. 4:8
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

AbbyJay wrote:Can I relinquish my claim on section 87? I have had a lot come up recently and I think I had better let someone else go ahead and do this section.

Thank you.
Kathrine, if this is orphaned, I'd be happy to pick it up!

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

AbbyJay wrote:Can I relinquish my claim on section 87? I have had a lot come up recently and I think I had better let someone else go ahead and do this section.
Thank you for letting me know!
NemoR wrote:Kathrine, if this is orphaned, I'd be happy to pick it up!

Nemo
THank you! All yours :)
Kathrine
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Section 87 for PL - length is 4:54

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/ ... _128kb.mp3

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you!
Kathrine
Drakepat

Post by Drakepat »

Hello I am new to Librivox. I posted a recording of The Girl Who Trod on a Loaf. Is the file in good order? I would like to verify before proceeding with the other stories I claimed. Thank you.
Drakepat

Post by Drakepat »

Hello
I have uploaded the file for
The Girl Who Trod on a Loaf

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/ ... _128kb.mp3

Please advise of next steps and I will proceed to prepare the files for the other sections I claimed.

Thank you
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you so much for the recording! I'll listen to it tonight :)
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

You are doing a wonderful job in section 133, Patricia! Great reading :clap: :clap:

I have a few PL notes:
2:57 - repeat - "Into this place little Inger sank, the bread stuck fast to her feet and drew her down. She shivered in every limb. Into this place little Inger sank, the ... every limb.

At the very end of the recording, after you read "End of section #" there should be 5 seconds of (room) silence. You can record some and insert it there.

The volume is a bit low. We aim for 89 dB and generally accept anything between 87 and 91 dB. Your recording is about 83 dB. You can amplify it in Audacity (are you using Audacity?). You'd have to compress it first. Here is a short video explaining how to compress in Audacity. I can explain how to amplify if you'd like, just ask!

In addition, there is a technical setting that need adjusting. All recordings need to have bit rate 128 kbps and the bit rate should be constant. You fix this when you export the recording if you use Audacity.

If using Audacity 1.3 or later:
You must have something recorded in order to activate the Export function. If you try to export an empty project, you will find that the Export function is greyed out. For testing purposes, just click the record button and then stop after a second or two.

Click File > Export
You'll see the "Export file" window appear. You can select the destination here, of course. Enter the name of the file (without the "mp3" on the end - it'll be added for you).

In the "Save as type" box, select "MP3 files", but DON'T click Save yet!!!
Now look for the "Options" box in the Right lower corner of the window, and click on that.

You'll see a "Specify MP3 Options window now. Here click on:
Constant
128 kbps
Joint stereo
Click "OK"
Now click on "Save", and your mp3 will be exported at 128 kbps.

When you have edited, please save the file with the exact same filename as the one you uploaded before, then upload and post again in the thread. Sorry about the text-heavy reply -- please holler if you'd like more explanation. I'm looking forward to listening to you again! :thumbs:
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Section 83 is PL OK! Nicely read, Nemo :thumbs:
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Section 123 is PL OK! I love the singing, Diane :9: Are you making the tunes up as you go along? (I have to ask because musical compositions also have copyright)
Kathrine