[COMPLETE Group, children, SS] The Wonder Garden - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Denisevt

Post by Denisevt »

kathrinee wrote:Sections 31 and 32 both sound great! You are doing really well, Denise :9:

There are a couple of things to fix in both recordings:
- the volume is a bit soft in both recordings. Please amplify section 31 by 13 dB and section 32 by 5. If you use Audacity and would like some guidance for how to do it, please let me know! It is possible that section 31 would benefit from some noise cleaning -- there is a little background hum in it now, and after amplifying, it will be more pronounced. But how about you do the amplification first, and then we can have another look!
- At the end of the recording (after you say "End of section #") there needs to be five seconds of (room) silence. You can just record a few seconds in a new window and paste it into the recordings :D

Then, save the recordings with the same file names, upload and post again in this thread. I'm looking forward to hearing you again!

Thanks for the feedback K!
It's taken me some time to get back to you but I'll make the volume and other changes and get it back to you.

Denise
Denisevt

Post by Denisevt »

kathrinee wrote:Sections 31 and 32 both sound great! You are doing really well, Denise :9:

There are a couple of things to fix in both recordings:
- the volume is a bit soft in both recordings. Please amplify section 31 by 13 dB and section 32 by 5. If you use Audacity and would like some guidance for how to do it, please let me know! It is possible that section 31 would benefit from some noise cleaning -- there is a little background hum in it now, and after amplifying, it will be more pronounced. But how about you do the amplification first, and then we can have another look!
- At the end of the recording (after you say "End of section #") there needs to be five seconds of (room) silence. You can just record a few seconds in a new window and paste it into the recordings :D

Then, save the recordings with the same file names, upload and post again in this thread. I'm looking forward to hearing you again!
OK... well... This sounds all blown out on my speakers but maybe I can fix it with some editing?
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/wondergarden_031_olcott_128kb.mp3
AbbyJay

Post by AbbyJay »

kathrinee wrote:Abby, your reading in sections 54 and 56 is great! Well done :clap:

I have a suggestion for improvement: there is a bit of white noise in the recordings. It is not terribly much, but I imagine listening in a noise environment (commuting to work, for instance), and if I was listening to the bus I'd prefer less white noise. I also suggest it because this is exactly the kind of background sounds that cleans up most nicely in Audacity (do you use Audacity?). I tested it on one of the recordings, and I thought it improved the sound quality. :D I did it like this:
Select a few seconds of background noise only (no speech) and click Effect | Noise Reduction | Get Profile. Then select the whole recording (Ctrl+A), click Effect | Noise Reduction again, and use settings:

Noise Reduction: 10 dB
Sensitivity: 6
Frequency smoothing (bands) 6

and click OK.
Once you have done this (provided you agree that it is an improvement), please save the recordings with the same file names, upload and post again in the thread. I'm looking forward to hear you again :thumbs:
Thank you for the feedback! Sorry for my delayed response. I am in Houston and it has been insane here. I did already do noise reduction on these but I'm going to play around and see what I can do. I think I might need to just speak a little louder too. Hope to repost these soon!
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phil. 4:8
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thanks, Denise! And thanks for checking in, AbbyJay :thumbs:
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I listened to section 31, Denise, it is louder :) But it is above the volume range (at 101 dB or so). I'd go back to the previous version (if you don't have it saved it is here http://uploads.librivox.org/kathrinee/wondergarden_031_olcott_128kb2017_09_04_01_06_13.mp3) and amplify by less. It sounded almost as if you had amplified by 13 twice?

Can you have another go at it, please? :D
Kathrine
Denisevt

Post by Denisevt »

kathrinee wrote:I listened to section 31, Denise, it is louder :) But it is above the volume range (at 101 dB or so). I'd go back to the previous version (if you don't have it saved it is here http://uploads.librivox.org/kathrinee/wondergarden_031_olcott_128kb2017_09_04_01_06_13.mp3) and amplify by less. It sounded almost as if you had amplified by 13 twice?

Can you have another go at it, please? :D
Yes, no Problem.
Denisevt

Post by Denisevt »

OK Katherine...
I hope this one is better? let me know. :lol:
benderca

Post by benderca »

May I read Section 84 Arion and the Dolphin please?
TJ
AbbyJay

Post by AbbyJay »

"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phil. 4:8
kianeg

Post by kianeg »

Hi, I would like to claim #121, potato, potato

Diane
KCash

Post by KCash »

Okay First time . . . Section 91. I just want to thank you in advance for your time. Hoping to be a fast learner - Please review and let me know all that you can so that I can work to make it better.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/wondergarden_91_olcott_128kb.mp3

Thank you!

KCash
Denisevt

Post by Denisevt »

Hi K, Here is section 32, amplified by 5.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/wondergarden_032_olcott_128kb.mp3

Best, Denise
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Denisevt wrote:OK Katherine...
I hope this one is better? let me know. :lol:
Thanks!
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

benderca wrote:May I read Section 84 Arion and the Dolphin please?
TJ
Absolutely! Thank you :thumbs:
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thanks!
Kathrine