Thank you lynda!
Carolin
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 23 - The Story of the Beauty and the Beast, part 5

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 37 - The Prince Désir and the Princess Mignone

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you anthony!
Carolin
JW31

Post by JW31 »

Hi Carolin,

Quick question... If I'm recording all four parts to one Fairy Tale (The Princess Lionette and Prince Coquerico), should I record and submit each section individually, or all together as one recording? If you'd like each section individually, can you please advise how find section break points?

-Jen
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

JW31 wrote:Hi Carolin,

Quick question... If I'm recording all four parts to one Fairy Tale (The Princess Lionette and Prince Coquerico), should I record and submit each section individually, or all together as one recording? If you'd like each section individually, can you please advise how find section break points?

-Jen
Hello, Jen! :D

if I may, I can help you out there. I'm also recording a story in installments and the break up is in the second post.

Princess Lionette and Prince Coquerico

part 1: please read until
He married the fugitive Queen; and the people of the Fortunate Islands elected a council to rule the kingdom until they could obtain news of their Prince Coquerico, whom they did not believe to be dead. They were right, the whirlwind had been caused by a Fairy, who, delighted at the sight of so beautiful a Prince, and angry to find him brought up so badly, had resolved to purloin him from a mother who had proved herself unworthy of being blessed with such a son.

part 2: please start at
To cultivate a fine disposition spoiled by so wicked an education, the Fairy was impelled by another feeling less generous and more natural. The beauty of this Prince had touched her heart, she imagined that gratitude would make some impression upon that of the young Coquerico.
and read until
These last words, which escaped her in spite of herself, opened the King's eyes, and looking at the Fairy with astonishment, he was convinced of the truth of his suspicions when he saw her standing silent, confused, and carefully avoiding his gaze.

part 3: please start at
It was some time before he could find words to answer, from his excessive astonishment; but unwilling either to irritate the Fairy at the moment he so much wanted her assistance, or to encourage a hope that he felt incapable of sustaining.
and read until
Continue, if you dare, to treat me inhumanly, cruelly—I will submit to it, provided I can still behold you; for I have resolved to suffer everything your hatred can inflict upon me, sooner than consent to immolate you to the strange caprice of the Rose-tree."

part 4: please start at
Cornue ceased speaking, and the King, having expressed his acknowledgments, replied,—"What can I do for you, Madam? My heart is mine no longer; I have no wish to deceive you; not only is such perfidy incompatible with my nature, but you too well know what I think for me to attempt to impose on your credulity, and I owe you too much gratitude for saving my life willingly to deceive you, were it in my power.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you sara for answering :)
Carolin
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Carolin wrote:Thank you sara for answering :)
You're welcome, Carolin. :thumbs:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
JW31

Post by JW31 »

Sara,

Thank you so much! That was EXTREMELY helpful! :9: :clap: I've gotta know though... how do I figure that out the next time? I tried highlighting the text and looking at word count, but I was way off. Will you share your amazing secrets with me? :D

With much gratitude,

-JenW
JW31

Post by JW31 »

Sara,

Just saw the line hiding in the middle of your post that said that details are in the second post!

Thank you again,

-JenW