COMPLET [poetry] The Spook Ballads by Wm Theodore Parkes -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners

jayregzfa

Post by jayregzfa » June 4th, 2017, 2:32 pm

Hello!

Can I please claim #14 - A Most Remarkable Case? It will be my first recording. For the purposes of the Librivox Catalog, simply call me 'jayregzfa' just as my username is :thumbs:

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » June 4th, 2017, 11:18 pm

Thank you all!
Carolin

Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind. Henry James

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » June 4th, 2017, 11:20 pm

jayregzfa wrote:Hello!

Can I please claim #14 - A Most Remarkable Case? It will be my first recording. For the purposes of the Librivox Catalog, simply call me 'jayregzfa' just as my username is :thumbs:
Hi and welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to read that poem. I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here, https://librivox.org/reader/11737

You can go right ahead with the poem, have fun!
Carolin

Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind. Henry James

afutterer

Post by afutterer » June 5th, 2017, 7:04 am

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 8, 10, 18, 23, 26, 28

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

RecordingPerson

Post by RecordingPerson » June 5th, 2017, 7:28 am

Is it appropriate to ask for feedback on my reading of 28 - 'The Abdicated Crown' ('An Abdicated Crown' in the MW)? For reading humorous/nonsense poetry (both of which I am very partial to) that's the kind of reading I'm aiming at. But, I'd like to hear (honest) opinions of how they sound to other people. Note: I'm asking about the performance, not the recording/technical side.

pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville » June 5th, 2017, 7:37 am

May I have sections 19, 20?

afutterer

Post by afutterer » June 5th, 2017, 7:42 am

RecordingPerson wrote:Is it appropriate to ask for feedback on my reading of 28 - 'The Abdicated Crown' ('An Abdicated Crown' in the MW)? For reading humorous/nonsense poetry (both of which I am very partial to) that's the kind of reading I'm aiming at. But, I'd like to hear (honest) opinions of how they sound to other people. Note: I'm asking about the performance, not the recording/technical side.
You may ask me for that feedback if you would like it. I am not to give that feedback under normal circumstances, so I generally do not. Since you ask though...

I thought your reading was very good! In my opinion your pausing, inflection, and rhythm were spot on! Keep up the great work!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

RecordingPerson

Post by RecordingPerson » June 5th, 2017, 7:52 am

afutterer wrote:
RecordingPerson wrote:Is it appropriate to ask for feedback on my reading of 28 - 'The Abdicated Crown' ('An Abdicated Crown' in the MW)? For reading humorous/nonsense poetry (both of which I am very partial to) that's the kind of reading I'm aiming at. But, I'd like to hear (honest) opinions of how they sound to other people. Note: I'm asking about the performance, not the recording/technical side.
I thought your reading was very good! In my opinion your pausing, inflection, and rhythm were spot on! Keep up the great work!
Thanks very much. I think I'm improving, and that poem in particular sounded better than the others. My more serious readings need ... something more, but it's not that useful to ask for advice when I can hear some of what I need to do.

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » June 6th, 2017, 8:44 am

thank you all! :)
Carolin

pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville » June 7th, 2017, 7:31 pm

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » June 7th, 2017, 11:04 pm

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin

afutterer

Post by afutterer » June 8th, 2017, 6:33 am

PL NOTES:

SECTION 20 - The Magic Specs

PL OK
Anthony

pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville » June 8th, 2017, 9:39 am

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » June 9th, 2017, 12:12 am

thank you both!
Carolin