[Complete] The Mentor 2 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jnaudiollc

Post by jnaudiollc »

Hi Lynnet,

I'm checking to see if section 16 (American Inventors) is available. The message threads indicate it was assigned, but the Window shows it available and I see no other notes in the messaging. If available, I'd like to claim. If not, I'd like to claim #12 (The Revolution) instead. Thanks!

Jim
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Agentmercury wrote: June 10th, 2018, 6:35 am
Lynnet wrote: June 7th, 2018, 9:34 am PL notes for Chapter 8: Holland:

Slight repeat at 16:56 "on which"
Hi,

I've just set about trying to fix this but I don't hear the repeat of "on which" around 16:56. I super happy to sort it of course but I don't hear any repeat. Can you recheck? I listened to my copy in Reaper and I Downloaded the submitted section to double-check.

Can you help?

Debs
Not a problem. I'll mark it PL OK.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jnaudiollc wrote: June 10th, 2018, 8:33 am Hi Lynnet,

I'm checking to see if section 16 (American Inventors) is available. The message threads indicate it was assigned, but the Window shows it available and I see no other notes in the messaging. If available, I'd like to claim. If not, I'd like to claim #12 (The Revolution) instead. Thanks!

Jim
That section was orphaned... the reader did not submit a file or request an extension within the 2 month allotted time frame. I have assigned it to you.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 15 Angels in Art PL OK.
FinnHandyside

Post by FinnHandyside »

Hi there!
I'd like section 12 IF it's possible to get it out of the magic window and into a reader.
I'm new around here so I'm not sure how else to access the text (for marking up and such)...
Can it be done?

Finn
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

FinnHandyside wrote: June 14th, 2018, 5:34 pm Hi there!
I'd like section 12 IF it's possible to get it out of the magic window and into a reader.
I'm new around here so I'm not sure how else to access the text (for marking up and such)...
Can it be done?

Finn
I have assigned that section to you. If you click on the 'link to text' in the Magic Window, it will take you to a Google Doc . If you find you cannot access it, just let me know.
FinnHandyside

Post by FinnHandyside »

Lynnet wrote: June 14th, 2018, 6:05 pm
FinnHandyside wrote: June 14th, 2018, 5:34 pm Hi there!
Can it be done?

Finn
I have assigned that section to you. If you click on the 'link to text' in the Magic Window, it will take you to a Google Doc . If you find you cannot access it, just let me know.
Thank you, Lynnet! The link to Google Doc works, I was just trying to access the text via the link using my phone. It worked better when I used an actual desktop computer! Thanks again and I'll get right to work on this.
Finn
JKHumphreys

Post by JKHumphreys »

Hello
I would like to read Section 11 Makers of American Art by J. Thomson Willing. This is the first reading for me, you can use the name J.K.Humphreys.
Thanks
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

JKHumphreys wrote: June 18th, 2018, 6:45 am Hello
I would like to read Section 11 Makers of American Art by J. Thomson Willing. This is the first reading for me, you can use the name J.K.Humphreys.
Thanks
Thank you for claiming. I will add you to the catalog and assign you that section.
Please be warned these sections are very long and complex... you may wish to pick something shorter for a 'first read'. This will be held for 2 months, so you have time.
JKHumphreys

Post by JKHumphreys »

Lynnet wrote: June 18th, 2018, 8:31 am
Thanks
Thank you for claiming. I will add you to the catalog and assign you that section.
Please be warned these sections are very long and complex... you may wish to pick something shorter for a 'first read'. This will be held for 2 months, so you have time.
Thanks for the advice. I read over the section before I selected it. Along with reading, I am very fond of art and art history. The reading will be a pleasure, the editing on the other hand, well, I'll get that done too.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

JKHumphreys wrote: June 18th, 2018, 9:26 pm
Thanks
Thanks for the advice. I read over the section before I selected it. Along with reading, I am very fond of art and art history. The reading will be a pleasure, the editing on the other hand, well, I'll get that done too.
If you need guidance, please ask. The wiki has some good information , including some useful video guides by one of our admins, such as this one on basic editing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NuSuWYaWg&feature=youtu.be
JKHumphreys

Post by JKHumphreys »

Lynnet wrote: June 19th, 2018, 2:26 am
JKHumphreys wrote: June 18th, 2018, 9:26 pm

If you need guidance, please ask. The wiki has some good information , including some useful video guides by one of our admins, such as this one on basic editing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NuSuWYaWg&feature=youtu.be
Thank you so much Lynnet. That video was helpful. I learned a few things that I did not know yet that I will definitely be using. I love the pressing the C to jump over the highlighted track section and also the Compress feature.
jnaudiollc

Post by jnaudiollc »

Hi Lynne, #16 American Inventors for your review... 36:14.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mentor2_16_various_128kb.mp3

Thanks!

Jim
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jnaudiollc wrote: July 1st, 2018, 2:46 pm Hi Lynne, #16 American Inventors for your review... 36:14.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mentor2_16_various_128kb.mp3

Thanks!

Jim
Thank you