[Complete] The Mentor 2 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Agentmercury

Post by Agentmercury »

roseslboom

Post by roseslboom »

Hi,
I would like to take #18 - Two Early German Painters by Frank Jewett Mather, Jnr.
I will use: Deanna Strauss as my name.

Thanks,
roseslboom
Speak thoughtfully and listen intently; you never know how your words may be taken.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

roseslboom wrote: June 2nd, 2018, 2:38 pm Hi,
I would like to take #18 - Two Early German Painters by Frank Jewett Mather, Jnr.
I will use: Deanna Strauss as my name.

Thanks,
roseslboom
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
I will add you to the catalog. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will be taken to your personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
roseslboom

Post by roseslboom »

Hi,
Thank you.
Deanna
Speak thoughtfully and listen intently; you never know how your words may be taken.
mparker

Post by mparker »

Chapter 2 is ready and here.
The finished time is 48:44

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mentor2_02_various_128kb.mp3
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

mparker wrote: June 5th, 2018, 3:07 pm Chapter 2 is ready and here.
The finished time is 48:44

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mentor2_02_various_128kb.mp3
Thank you
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Lynnet wrote: May 29th, 2018, 3:48 am PL notes:

20: Benjamin Franklin PL OK
There was a constant background noise (it sounded like a lawn mower)… no need to fret, but be aware of it in future and try to eliminate it.
Hi Lynnet,

Just catching up to this after being out of town.

This is a bit frustrating! I record and edit on my laptop and have a pair of headphones that plugs in. I don't hear the noise on this. However, when I played it through my phone, I could definitely hear it, and it is annoying.

I actually had turned on a window unit air conditioner to make a steady drone to drown out the very loud dog next door that was barking. I figured the air conditioner noise could be filtered out and ran the noise filter with seeming success.

Any suggestions on how to improve this with editing would be greatly appreciated -- also if there is a way to adjust anything with my computer to hear any noise better.

Otherwise I'm thinking of re-recording it in an actually quiet place.
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ColleenMc wrote: June 7th, 2018, 7:53 am
Lynnet wrote: May 29th, 2018, 3:48 am PL notes:

20: Benjamin Franklin PL OK
There was a constant background noise (it sounded like a lawn mower)… no need to fret, but be aware of it in future and try to eliminate it.
Hi Lynnet,

Just catching up to this after being out of town.

This is a bit frustrating! I record and edit on my laptop and have a pair of headphones that plugs in. I don't hear the noise on this. However, when I played it through my phone, I could definitely hear it, and it is annoying.

I actually had turned on a window unit air conditioner to make a steady drone to drown out the very loud dog next door that was barking. I figured the air conditioner noise could be filtered out and ran the noise filter with seeming success.

Any suggestions on how to improve this with editing would be greatly appreciated -- also if there is a way to adjust anything with my computer to hear any noise better.

Otherwise I'm thinking of re-recording it in an actually quiet place.
There is no need to re-record it... it wasn't that bad 8-) I was listening with headphones. If I had been listening in the car or even with my own ambient noise, I wouldn't have noticed it. The only thing I would suggest is wait until the dog goes to sleep :? I have dogs and frequently have to wait for them to quiet down. And they do seem to sleep a lot (except when I want t record, of course). The recommendation is to not have air conditioning or heating running during recording sessions... but, let's face it, how many of us stick to recording the two weeks of the year when that's possible :lol:
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Fair enough, though I am perfectly willing to re-record!

It wasn't even my dog, I was recording in an attic office with old, thin windows and the dog next door was quite loud and annoying. Most of the time I was forgoing the air conditioning, even though it was very warm! But my dogsitting gig at that place is over, and I'm back at one that has a fairly comfortable, quiet home office that I can use for recording. Even if I still have to occasionally wait out some barking dogs (occupational hazard)!

Thanks,
Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

PL notes for Chapter 8: Holland:

Slight repeat at 16:56 "on which"
Agentmercury

Post by Agentmercury »

Lynnet wrote: June 7th, 2018, 9:34 am PL notes for Chapter 8: Holland:

OK Thank you. I’ll fix. Sorry I must have missed that on my listen through.
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Agentmercury

Post by Agentmercury »

Lynnet wrote: June 7th, 2018, 9:34 am PL notes for Chapter 8: Holland:

Hi,

I've just set about trying to fix this but I don't hear the repeat of "on which" around 16:56. I super happy to sort it of course but I don't hear any repeat. Can you recheck? I listened to my copy in Reaper and I Downloaded the submitted section to double-check.

Can you help?

Debs